THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dropped another .3 to a .6. Really pleased with this and cannot wait to just let it go and have as much fun as possible in MB next week.

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Kyle your game is definitely tournament ready. Impressive, my friend.

At a 19.0, I was a 16.0 (17.6 with my first official US Handicap calc) to start the year and I've had quite a few struggles this year but I I'm seeing more positives than negatives my last couple rounds so hope this trend continues.

Great Job Ryan!!! Can't wait to see that game down in MB..
Officially a 14.9 today, down from a 16.3 2 weeks ago. The exciting thing for me is that all of the scores for my index are now from this season, and the last 5 rounds are all counting, and getting progressively better.

At a 19.0, I was a 16.0 (17.6 with my first official US Handicap calc) to start the year and I've had quite a few struggles this year but I I'm seeing more positives than negatives my last couple rounds so hope this trend continues.

you've got a great swing Alex, it wont take much for you to get that handicap down

Finally back to where my overall goal has been for the last year. From 0.4 to 0.0 and ready to take it to the next level.

Some really impressive drops in handicaps since this thread was created. Well done guys! Be proud of your accomplishments!

you've got a great swing Alex, it wont take much for you to get that handicap down

Thanks Marty, between the ears is the real block for me! Need to work on that.

but I still dont understand how this work witht he avg strokes over par, I am 7 over you in hdcp, but only 2 over in that stat

hdcp_zpsfd59bd9a.png~320x480
At 20.9 I'm actually lower than Dev on strokes over par but he smokes my Index by a whopping 5 points.

Made a nice drop to 16.8 after some nice rounds lately which one was a PB. My game has deffiantly improved and I am enjoying the hell out of golf now. Can't wait to take my talents to MB.
I was worried about you a few weeks ago trending the wrong way, but sounds like you've got things on the right track and coming into the MC with some momentum. Can't wait for our practice round in just over a week.

Haven't been able to post any rounds with the new babbies so i stayed at an 8.8

I was worried about you a few weeks ago trending the wrong way, but sounds like you've got things on the right track and coming into the MC with some momentum. Can't wait for our practice round in just over a week.
Yes sir. I think my playing lesson really helped my change. Right now I just need to getting my putting better because it seems it hasn't changed much. As much as I practiced I think it would have gotten better, but I'll keep my head up and keep grinding away. #OptiCoers #TheGrindIsReal

Had a couple high rounds and a blow up that sent me from 8.6~8.7. To hit my goal I will have to actually do it in Myrtle. ..so be it!

Up a smidge to 7.8. Playing lots of different courses though. I feel good about my game.

Slight uptick from a 4.6 to 4.8. I really hoped to be sub-3 by the Morgan Cup but sometimes when you start over it takes a bit longer then expected to make it work. Practice practice and more practice this week and then it's time to shine.

Down to a 2.9, I'm playing more than in past years which is being reflected in my scores, I have 18 rounds since May, I don't think I played 18 rounds last season.

I saw my handicap drop to 10.4 this weekend, before Sundays round. I should have taken the day off. Official 7/15 index is 11.1. I can deal with it. But I don't want to do 72 holes with in 48 hours again. I am still spent because of all that golf in this heat.

2014 THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

2014 THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Have been between a 15-16 for most of the last year.

My goal is to decrease my handicap by one shot per year for the next 5 years. After that, I'd like to maintain and just enjoy the game as I do today.

I've been playing some more consistent golf lately and my handicap is now an all-time low of......

It was 15.3 at the last calculation. I need to keep working on consistency and have a stronger mental game to keep progressing!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405452819.435782.jpg

Last edited:
I dropped a full stroke down to 11.7, down nearly 5 strokes from my season high handicap of 16.6. My goal for the Morgan Cup was to be at a 10 so I didn't quite get there, but I am pleased with my progress considering the time constraints I've had put on my practice time this year.

I dropped a full stroke down to 11.7, down nearly 5 strokes from my season high handicap of 16.6. My goal for the Morgan Cup was to be at a 10 so I didn't quite get there, but I am pleased with my progress considering the time constraints I've had put on my practice time this year.
Impressive drop buddy!

Ouch! Lost another half of a shot in my latest revision. Was steady at 5.3 until my last round with the Denver guys playing from the blue tees. That one replaced a strong score on a tough course so it makes sense. Sitting at 5.8 and down 3 full shots since the beginning of the year. I'm going to make this the low water mark

It's nice to be a part of this officially now!

Up from 15.1 to 15.5. I've been focusing a lot on general ball striking and less on everything else, and have seen a lot of good results on that front. But it came at the cost of focusing on the rest of the game for a bit so I am not surprised by this. Heck I'm thrilled with the correction I got from going to US Handicap from Diablo! I'm going to get back to focusing on wedges and putting so as long as I don't lose it off the tee I hope I can get things going the other way soon.

handicap-20140715.png

19.3. Pretty unhappy about that as I had a projected 17.5 which I though was good progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made a nice drop to 16.8 after some nice rounds lately which one was a PB. My game has deffiantly improved and I am enjoying the hell out of golf now. Can't wait to take my talents to MB.

IIRC, you were a little up and down at Purgatory. I am happy to hear you are rolling along now!

IIRC, you were a little up and down at Purgatory. I am happy to hear you are rolling along now!
That was a rough round especially after getting pissed with my new stone wedge lol. .

Down to 6.5 and trending 6.4 after today's round at an unknown course

Down to 17.2. If I can just get everything working for a couple of rounds I really feel like I'd break through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back