2015 THP Events--Where and Why? Lets Discuss

Wish I had known you were in my neck of the mountains JB, I'm playing there this Friday. In Ohio one of my favorite courses that is Central located in http://www.locusthillsgc.com/
very nice 36 holes.

Finally got through this thread.

My choices in no particular order:
Austin,
Memphis
Nashville
Syracuse
Raleigh/Durham
Williamsburg, VA
Atlanta
Scottsdale
California (either north or south)
Philly
Rhode Island
Pittsburgh

AND Branson to see the BGE, I mean Shane.

Some places I've been others I haven't but I'm sure plenty to do and some great golf in all.

Last edited:

Austin,
Memphis
Nashville
Syracuse
Raleigh/Durham
Williamsburg, VA
Atlanta
Scottsdale
Philly
Rhode Island
Pittsburgh

Some places I've been others I haven't but I'm sure plenty to do and some great golf in all.

Quit being so picky Alex. Ha

If this is truly the last year of the Morgan Cup, then I hope that True Blue and Caledonia are still considered for future THP events. Both of those courses, especially True Blue, just seem to "get it" and embrace what this place is all about.

If this is truly the last year of the Morgan Cup, then I hope that True Blue and Caledonia are still considered for future THP events. Both of those courses, especially True Blue, just seem to "get it" and embrace what this place is all about.
True Blue is an awesome venue!

Alex you forgot one very important place :D

Austin,
Memphis
Nashville
Syracuse
Raleigh/Durham
Williamsburg, VA
Atlanta
Scottsdale
Philly
Rhode Island
Pittsburgh

I really hope Norcal gets a shot at an event there are lots of great course and we seem to be forgotten with all of the great SoCal courses

I don't know, while they are fantastic courses in a great location. I think it would feel off.

Part of me would compare it to the PGA tour going back to play Augusta if they cancelled the Masters. The course would be the same but something would be missing.

Last edited:
Wanted to continue this discussion a bit. Lots of great recommendations and we have a nice list going as well as meetings with each OEM next month to discuss.

I failed to corner you in OC to have my discussion on an event in CO. But in all seriousness, The Broadmoor would be a fantastic location for a major THP event. 3 courses designed by Donald Ross and RTJ Sr. plus a world class resort just voted best in North America.

It is something we think about all the time. However right now there is just not enough Albatross Club presence to commit what it takes to host an event there. I think the local event you guys have done is amazing, but even that is mostly non-AC members.

The fact that you have thought about it says a lot about you and the lengths you go to to provide for the community, so I take my hat off to you for that JB

Until we manage to get enough people over here signed up, we will continue to have fun in the name of THP and hopefully get to have you visiting this side of the water one day

The fact that you have thought about it says a lot about you and the lengths you go to to provide for the community, so I take my hat off to you for that JB

Until we manage to get enough people over here signed up, we will continue to have fun in the name of THP and hopefully get to have you visiting this side of the water one day

If it ever happens, I will do everything in my power to be there. Been a few years since I've been to the UK, and my girlfriend really wants to go, so it'd be easy to sell that trip! Plus I'd love to meet all our UK brethren, and hopefully not get fined TOO many times! :alien:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

If it ever happens, I will do everything in my power to be there. Been a few years since I've been to the UK, and my girlfriend really wants to go, so it'd be easy to sell that trip! Plus I'd love to meet all our UK brethren, and hopefully not get fined TOO many times! :alien:

As long as you stay away from El Bandito, you should be okay

Alternatively, play safely and try to finish the first day in the middle of the pack :D

I can assure you, if there is a 2015 stop in Colorado I will be there. The only problem is, you or Kang may have a permanent house guest because I will not want to come home!!!

I failed to corner you in OC to have my discussion on an event in CO. But in all seriousness, The Broadmoor would be a fantastic location for a major THP event. 3 courses designed by Donald Ross and RTJ Sr. plus a world class resort just voted best in North America.

As long as you stay away from El Bandito, you should be okay

Alternatively, play safely and try to finish the first day in the middle of the pack :D

Hah give El B a wide berth, got it :thumb:

MikeDean441 and myself will be headed to California in about 10 days to work on 2015 events. This feedback has been excellent.

THP has been and will forever be excellent!

MikeDean441 and myself will be headed to California in about 10 days to work on 2015 events. This feedback has been excellent.

That's some exciting news. Some great things will come from that trip. OBTW, coincidently, I am wearing my "Outing Approved" tee shirt this morning.

2014 has been spectacular thus far and I am willing to bet that the 2015 event calendar will blow 2014 away. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Looking forward to some more 2015 planning!

441, take a look at http://www.pknpk.com/golf/golf/

obviously i'm partial to the location, but i also believe it's a decent hub as well. Albatross members within only a few hours in every direction.
spectacular course (that used to host Nationwide Tour events) as well as lodging and meals right at the course.

if the price was right, i think it'd be a decent option for an event down the road, 2016 perhaps....

441, take a look at http://www.pknpk.com/golf/golf/

obviously i'm partial to the location, but i also believe it's a decent hub as well. Albatross members within only a few hours in every direction.
spectacular course (that used to host Nationwide Tour events) as well as lodging and meals right at the course.

if the price was right, i think it'd be a decent option for an event down the road, 2016 perhaps....
I am going there in two weeks for a three day stay and play with a group of guys. Never been there but have heard good things.

Back