What's your "Golden Rule" for your golf swing?

Low and slow...I have a bad habit of snatching the club up too quickly, especially with my irons, so this helps me with my tempo.

"SYSD". Slow your sh_t down

Low and slow take away and never more than 85 to 90 percent on any shot.

Turn, dumba**.

Don't reach the water table with this divot please.

I've got a few things in mind in my few shot routine, like a small checklist such as, balance, addressing the ball with the toe for driver, etc. The one thought for the swing is "swing out to the ball."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Weight to the inside of my left knee, follow my hips through the impact zone

I've started telling myself "Its going straight".....crazy how many fewer slices I have now!

Short and slow seems to help when I'm struggling.

Smooth Tempo all around from Tee to Green

Mine is "don't F this up."

I can personally attest that you don't need to have that thought running through your head, Mr. Bombs Down the Fairway.

Trust it

Backswing and lag this year.

Don't hit a house ...

The new mantra is "compress the ball." It will probably change, but so far it is working for me.

Tempo Tempo Tempo. Not even close to anything else. If my tempo is off I'm screwed. Just got to keep it nice and smooth. I now have only two swing thoughts while playing. "Head Down" & "Freddie Couples" his sweet smooth thing is a nice reminder to myself to just keep it smooth!

That's a good question. The only thing that I "think" about (right now) after getting set up is to make sure I keep my core engaged throughout the swing.

"Swing hard, just in case you hit the ball"

Just kidding...

My rule right now is " Hit the ball with the back of my left hand".

Finish / follow through.

Swing through the ball

Keep a good tempo through the swing.

Back