Adams XTD Driver Review

He had an the same shaft in there, but 63g in X flex. I still hit the hell out of it. That shaft will be mine one day - in a different flex of course.

The white and black one?

The white and black one?

Yep. How an x flex shaft feels so smooth is beyond me. Same with that hybrid shaft, though that was an S flex.

We'll see how much it costs here in about 3-4 months. I bet I could snag a 12° for a great price in the winter.

Dirt. Cheap. I would bet by then.

I will have a 12 or 10.5 this winter, just better for me than the 9 that I have.

Yep. How an x flex shaft feels so smooth is beyond me. Same with that hybrid shaft, though that was an S flex.

Dude those shafts are money. It felt perfect paired with this head.

The 12* XTD head is a bomber, even with the Red Tie. Its one of the very few that can keep up with the Bio Cell for me.

Adams XTD Driver Review

Hawkvalidation makes me smile, it truly does.

Its such a solid driver head, probably THE sleeper head out there this year IMO and the slot on top is likely what keeps it as such. I actually like the slot. It does everything well, it really does.

It would be awesome if somebody called the XTD the sleeper driver of the year in the homepage article about the top drivers of 2014.

;)

Driver is just absolutely a monster. It's tied with the Bertha for me as the best driver I've hit this year, and the others really aren't close for me. I WILL own one once the big price drops hit.

Another home run James. Interesting to find out what XTD actually stands for and can't believe none of us asked that in Dallas.

The little time I had with this I enjoyed it. I actually liked the sound it makes on contact.

You mentioned the face retains ball speeds on mishits and in return still delivers decent yardage, would you say it's right there with the E9 face on terms of forgiveness?

XTD = eXtra Time and Dollars

Some chatter today about this one in the pondering thread so this is worth of a bump.

I think I'm going to give it another run this week post MC with the Kusala White in it, last time I was so focused on the Bio and playing it in the MC that it really never got a fair shake.

I do think I hope to track down a 12* head dirt cheap this winter though.

If Hawk doesn't beat me to it.

I do think I hope to track down a 12* head dirt cheap this winter though.

If Hawk doesn't beat me to it.

Saw a few in the $150 range for sale out there. I tend to think that'll drop though.

Saw a few in the $150 range for sale out there. I tend to think that'll drop though.

I do too, but I'm on course right now with the 9 set to 10,5 and Kusala white in there, me likey.

That's starting to approach "dirt" territory for sure. I'm still on the boat to grab one eventually, especially once the price hovers round $100.

Contemplating picking up either one of these or the Wilson m3 driver now that the price is coming down. Has anyone hit both of these and have any thoughts?

Contemplating picking up either one of these or the Wilson m3 driver now that the price is coming down. Has anyone hit both of these and have any thoughts?

I'm mobile right now but forgiveness goes to m3 as it spins more but distance goes to the XTD. Honestly pretty different beasts when you hit them side by side.

Fun. Driver.

Had a good day today, would still like to nab a 10.5 or 12 head though, but the Kusala white helps a good bit for me in this.

I shall play it for a while.

Instructor has a 12* one of these with a speeder in it it's pretty sweet.

Instructor has a 12* one of these with a speeder in it it's pretty sweet.

It's a solid head, if you can get over the slot up top.

Finally got to hit the XTD Driver today. Absolutely loved it. If I wanted to pick up a NEW driver, this would be close to the top. Would love to have this in the bag.

Well, thanks to Jman, I have one of these in the bag and have it up against a few others to see what I play for the rest of the year. I had some really interesting sites with this today. Very solid sounding abs feeling. Loved that. I did have one issue with it. Extremely straight. I'm used to playing a draw with the driver and this one got me in some trouble today because of that. I would set up for the draw and hammer it straight as can be.
Actually, I really loved what I saw with this club. Need to get to the range and get accustomed to the ball flight and distance of what I will see with the XTD. I believe this will be a great club for me going forward.

Well, thanks to Jman, I have one of these in the bag and have it up against a few others to see what I play for the rest of the year. I had some really interesting sites with this today. Very solid sounding abs feeling. Loved that. I did have one issue with it. Extremely straight. I'm used to playing a draw with the driver and this one got me in some trouble today because of that. I would set up for the draw and hammer it straight as can be.
Actually, I really loved what I saw with this club. Need to get to the range and get accustomed to the ball flight and distance of what I will see with the XTD. I believe this will be a great club for me going forward.

With it being as fade biased as it is, I'm not shocked all you saw the straight ball and less of that draw of yours. How was the flight?

With it being as fade biased as it is, I'm not shocked all you saw the straight ball and less of that draw of yours. How was the flight?

It was actually REALLY nice. Not the course to to try it out, but I was extremely pleased with what I saw. Plan on hitting the range over the next week and see if I can't get it dialed in some. Playing Cowboys Labor day with Cookie and Nate and would loved to play this with some confidence.

Back