The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry about your pups Josh and Morgan, hope they get better

Hate to hear what's going on with Duke and Ellie. Hoping for the best for them. They are so stinking cute. So glad I got to meet them in Atlanta. Aside from Wardy dressed like a Leprechaun it was one of the highlights.

Hope everything works out guys. Nothing is worse than seeing animals in pain.

Bummer to hear the troubles Duke and Ellie are having. Hard when they are in pain I know. Hoping the best for all of you.

People who think landing on the moon was a hoax. Get a grip people, it happened, accept it and move on.

Damn guys I'm sorry to hear your furry little ones! I really hope everything will be ok!

I am on a run here of friends being in tragic accidents. Another freak accident, another friend in a coma. It's such a helpless feeling. All you can do it wait.

Josh and Morgan, sorry to hear about Duke and Ellie. I hope everything will be okay!

Last edited:
Was rear ended Friday night driving home from work.

that sucks about the car and the process, but at least you're okay buddy.

Once again, another family member passed away today. Seriously, eff cancer!

RIP Aunt Della

My condolences VA, so sorry to hear that.

I know the doctor said that Duke's condition hasn't gotten worse, but he has passed out 4 times in the last 2 weeks, and he is hacking a lot. I don't think it's an actual cough, but more like a hair ball hack. Makes me sad. I am sure I am over reacting, but knowing I am leaving him for 9 days for the MC is just tearing me apart right now.

positive thoughts to duke and Ellie Morgan and Josh, hope they,re feeling better soon.

Duke is 11 and Ellie is 12, so I guess it's par for the course with dogs their age.

Yes. But still doesn't make it any easier. I don't know if you saw my post about my sister's basset hound (Beverly) passing away in the past year. She was 12 or 13 and she had adopted her as a rescue puppy.

She immediately became part of the whole family. So I do understand the love for them.

Its not kennel cough. He has major heart problems and the vet said that with that he knows when he gets too worked up and will stop. Duke gets excited very easily and once in a while, does not stop and it leads to a scary view of him falling over and looking out of it.

Its scary because we love the little guy and in the last year were under the impression he would not be with us much longer. But our little boy is a fighter and despite only being with us a couple of years now, has made an impression on us that is amazing.

He has congestive heart failure, so this isn't uncommon for his condition.

He just had an ultrasound on Tuesday and everything checked out. They said his condition hasn't changed (which is a good thing). He said that his mind thinks he is a healthy dog who wants to play, but his heart can't support that so he can't get the oxygen he needs. I know this is just a side affect of his condition, but it doesn't make me feel any better or less on edge. I just hate seeing him like this, he should be able to play hard like he wants. And I hate it even more knowing I won't be there to watch over him for so long.

Duke and Ellie are lucky dogs to have you guys and vice-verse I'm sure :)

Last edited:
Rant 1:
My cousin's mother in law (no idea what kin that is to me) was opening up her Starbucks store... homeless guy was wandering around suspiciously and sure enough... He came in and beat her and another co-worker pretty bad. Cousin's mother in law got the worse end of the stick.

She has extreme bleeding on the brain, having mini stokes, has no idea what year it is or anything. She does not recall the situation at all.

One good thing is that, the police did catch the guy and he tried to fight them and they roughed him up pretty bad.

Rant #2:
Local news station always posts local stories on facebook about the stuff. Well, the first comment on there really ruffled my feathers. It was a lady making a joke about it by saying this exactly... "I did NOT want SOY... I said SKIM". Nothing ticks me off more than people making idiotic comments like that. I replied back that there was no need for a stupid comment like that and she said she was making light of a bad situation. I don't really call that "making light" of a bad situation... I call it a poor sense of humor.

Rant 1:
My cousin's mother in law (no idea what kin that is to me) was opening up her Starbucks store... homeless guy was wandering around suspiciously and sure enough... He came in and beat her and another co-worker pretty bad. Cousin's mother in law got the worse end of the stick.

She has extreme bleeding on the brain, having mini stokes, has no idea what year it is or anything. She does not recall the situation at all.

One good thing is that, the police did catch the guy and he tried to fight them and they roughed him up pretty bad.

Rant #2:
Local news station always posts local stories on facebook about the stuff. Well, the first comment on there really ruffled my feathers. It was a lady making a joke about it by saying this exactly... "I did NOT want SOY... I said SKIM". Nothing ticks me off more than people making idiotic comments like that. I replied back that there was no need for a stupid comment like that and she said she was making light of a bad situation. I don't really call that "making light" of a bad situation... I call it a poor sense of humor.

So sorry to hear about this. And I agree with the second rant. A close friends mom was working at a gas station during the night shift and she got robbed at gun point. Once he took the money he hit her across the face with the gun and left. The story made it to Facebook and comments were "that's what you get for working at a gas station". Just sickening how people are today. Well wishes to your family member

That's terrible Sanzabar....both listed are very valid rants. Hope everyone is okay.

Rant 1:

Rant #2:

That is just awful. Hoping for a full recovery

On your 2nd rant all I have to say it is amazing to me how harsh people can be when it is not them or someone they know in the situation but then as soon as they have the smallest issue in their life they expect everyone to drop everything and rescue them.

I wish we could all just find the good in everyone and support each other. Makes you realize just how amazing this community is with the attitudes and support we all have for one another.

I go out of my way to help everyone. I have helped all my friends move. I even helped my one friend renovate his damn house. I spent 4 weekends and some days during the week cleaning out my grandmothers house and packing my sisters house so she could move. We are moving Saturday and no one can help. My sister hasnt lifted a finger to help. My parents have done nothing. And all my friends have other stuff to do on Saturday. They have known the date for a month and everyone was all gung ho that they would help and now its going to be me, my 1 friend, and my father in law. I am so sick of being taken advantage of. I really wish I could be one of these people that just goes through life not giving a crap about anyone or helping anyone. My father comes over and tells me this morning he has to work Saturday because he needs the money. Keep in mind, he just got back from a 2 week vacation in Florida and took off multiple times to help my sister. Sometimes friends really are better than family.

Rant 1:
Nothing ticks me off more than people making idiotic comments like that.

A couple weeks ago, an Indianapolis Police Officer was shot down in cold blood by a thug with a rifle.
The family, ON TELEVISION, said this:

OMG, really? They went on to blame the Indy Police Dept. for this because they had "harassed" the shooter's father for many years and the shooter himself had a long criminal record. They blamed the cops for their family member killing a cop. Outstanding.

Sanzabar, I hate that all that happened, and I really think our society is in trouble when comments like that are made. There was an immense amount of fury on FB about the family in the above story. It got nasty, but was interesting to read to see where we all stand on cultural issues in our own cities.

I go out of my way to help everyone. I have helped all my friends move. I even helped my one friend renovate his damn house. I spent 4 weekends and some days during the week cleaning out my grandmothers house and packing my sisters house so she could move. We are moving Saturday and no one can help. My sister hasnt lifted a finger to help. My parents have done nothing. And all my friends have other stuff to do on Saturday. They have known the date for a month and everyone was all gung ho that they would help and now its going to be me, my 1 friend, and my father in law. I am so sick of being taken advantage of. I really wish I could be one of these people that just goes through life not giving a crap about anyone or helping anyone. My father comes over and tells me this morning he has to work Saturday because he needs the money. Keep in mind, he just got back from a 2 week vacation in Florida and took off multiple times to help my sister. Sometimes friends really are better than family.
Dev, you can't pick your family but you sure as hell can pick your friends.

Don't sweat it man. Just think of how happy your daughter is going to be in her castle! People only have an effect on you if you let them. Don't let them.

Brutal dude. I'll come help.

Brutal dude. I'll come help.

Thats the sad part. I know that if I asked THPers they would be there in a heartbeat. My friends and family just cant be bothered. It's such a depressing thought to think that you mean so little to people that are supposed to love and care about you.

I feel ya, when we bought the house last year we hired painters and movers, I didn't want to know who would show up and who wouldnt....

If I was even close to your area I would come and give a hand Ricky, hope it all goes well

THP Outing to help Dev move?
I know exactly what you are going through we had the same thing happen to us. I finally threw my hands up and just hired movers because I couldnt do it all myself. We packed everything and I took some small stuff and electronics in my car but other than that the movers did everything. Really did not want to pay them but had no choice. It didn't end up being to expensive though.

THP Outing to help Dev move?
I know exactly what you are going through we had the same thing happen to us. I finally threw my hands up and just hired movers because I couldnt do it all myself. We packed everything and I took some small stuff and electronics in my car but other than that the movers did everything. Really did not want to pay them but had no choice. It didn't end up being to expensive though.

Its not even the money to me. Its so much more than that. So tired of being everyone's doormat. I help and I give and I give and its never returned. I dont EVER ask for anything and I certainly dont do things for no other reason than because its the right thing to do. My parents bend over backwards for my sister and I cant even get them to come over and see my freaking daughter and they live 20 minutes away. I am just so over everyone and everything. I need new friends but sadly I cant get a new family.

Sanzabar, holy smokes that's awful. Really hope she makes a full recovery. Unbelievable.

Dev, I wish I lived closer buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back