The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

The heat one's were hilarious, too, when he joined the NWO. I think DaddyDoyle has a lot of them on Youtube. Freaking classics!

The heat one's were hilarious, too, when he joined the NWO. I think DaddyDoyle has a lot of them on Youtube. Freaking classics!

Cavs signed james jones to a 1 year deal. I'm assuming ray Allen isn't coming back

NBA should be pretty interesting next season. The talent seems to be spread pretty well in the East and there are a few teams in the mix in the West who could make the finals.

Not sure how I feel about us slowly becoming "heat 2.0"
Why? They seemed to do just fine over the last 4 years. As fans have made it apparent it's about wins they should kill for that right?

Not sure how I feel about us slowly becoming "heat 2.0"
I'm good with it but hopefully they don't sign Allen too cause that's too many spot up shooters. Might need some backup beef for down low

Why? They seemed to do just fine over the last 4 years. As fans have made it apparent it's about wins they should kill for that right?

True true. And Ray Ray could be next. Just would like to see us do it differently than Miami. Gotta get passed those damn spurs.

I'm good with it but hopefully they don't sign Allen too cause that's too many spot up shooters. Might need some backup beef for down low

Bring back boozer

NBA should be pretty interesting next season. The talent seems to be spread pretty well in the East and there are a few teams in the mix in the West who could make the finals.

The west will be excellent again for sure.

Hopefully east improves.

He's got nothing to lose, might as well play for less money for a chance of a ring

After years of watching him here in Utah, I was elated when he left. You want to talk about ZERO defense, Boozer is the role model for that camp. One of the biggest wastes of space on the court. He isn't worth league minimum IMO.

After years of watching him here in Utah, I was elated when he left. You want to talk about ZERO defense, Boozer is the role model for that camp. One of the biggest wastes of space on the court. He isn't worth league minimum IMO.

You are a bit harsh. Bosh is the worst player ever and Boozer isnt worth league minimum.

You are a bit harsh. Bosh is the worst player ever and Boozer isnt worth league minimum.

Quote me where I said Bosh is the worst player ever. I said he wasn't worth a max deal but understood Miami had no choice with LBJ leaving.

Boozer is not a great player. That's a fact. He can get hot at times and score but lacks any defensive skill and is hurt quite often. He's a middle of the pack PF and there are a ton better than him for less. I wouldn't want him on my team if you need a defensive big guy like Cleveland does.

I really didn't want him here either. I'm really rooting for the cats to pull in Greg Monroe but I know it is a long shot

I would trade Wiggins for Kevin Love in a heartbeat. Wiggins at this stage, as talented as he is there is no telling how developed or lack there of he'll become in the big league. He could end up being a flop. Kevin Love is proven and the more I watch his highlights on youtube I can see how Love could do serious damage with Bron and Kyrie on the court. Kyrie penetrating to the hole kicks it out to Lebron who then immediately laser passes it to Kevin Love for the three. Kevin has much to his game that has already been proven in the league.
Light em up, Kev

My gut response was to wait it out & keep Wiggins & if they have to wait a year to get Love, so be it. But then I keep thinking back to the '97 Indians, who turned down a Jaret Wright for Pedro Martinez deal because of Wright's bright future. I think if they make that deal they win at least 1 World Series. Granted, pitchers are a lot more fragile than basketball players, but I would understand the Cavs if they end up making this deal. Hopefully they get love and keep Wiggins & Anthony Bennett.

I think Love fits in well with the Cavs but JB is right he doesn't play a lick of defense. I bet he would still average 18 points and 12 rebounds, the points will come because of the wide open looks he will get. I really hope the Twolves don't screw this up and don't trade him.

As for Love's defense, he has improved greatly on this end. His PER against him this year was 15.3 (league average is 15, so he's pretty much average) compared to 18.9 two years ago. The Wolves defensive rating this year with Love on the court was 101.6 compared to 103.9 with him off the court (so 2 points better with him on the court). Also, let's remember in the West he is going up against Griffin, Dirk, Duncan, Anthony Davis, Aldridge, Zach Randolph, Ibaka, David Lee and Kenneth Faried to name a few. In the East it's Bosh, Millsap, and David West. It's not even close where most of the best power forwards in the league are. Love has improved his defense and if he's put on a winning team in the East I don't think his defense will be an issue at all.

Don't forget that LeBron was indifferent defensively when he came into the league. If Mike Brown deserves credit for anything, it should be helping to instill the defensive priority mindset in LeBron. I expect Love to play a lot better defense when he's playing for a ring instead of playing out the string.

Do Ohio fans have that short memory and are thinking about Boozer too?
I mean he freaking screwed the team once already. People remember the LBJ letter, but forget the Boozer letter? Christ I think it was 10 years ago to the day today that that letter came out.

Do Ohio fans have that short memory and are thinking about Boozer too?
I mean he freaking screwed the team once already. People remember the LBJ letter, but forget the Boozer letter? Christ I think it was 10 years ago to the day today that that letter came out.

Uh yea...we say boo boo to boozer. No thank you

Can't ever trust a man who lies to a blind man

No thanks on boozer

Back