The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Official Rant of the Day

Valid rant.

Try being a mechanic for a day. Other than my the close friends I never hear from 90% ox the people I know unless they need something. You can always tell when the conversation starts out.. "Hey Buddy......"

I bet that is brutal.

Same with my job in the hotel industry. Sometimes the only time I hear from my brother is when he wants a discounted room.

Other more distant relatives always begin the call or email with. "Hey I've been meaning to call you but I've been so busy. Anyway I'm going to.....xyz and can you...."

I know how it goes.

Dev- so sorry man. I know hearing another if I was closer comment doesn't help. But hang in there buddy your generosity is well appreciated here.

Last edited:
Dev promise ya dude, it'll work out
If I was closer, I'd help ya. Hell within half a day drive & I'd help ya.

Jursey

Hey Dev...

2ltgf2r.jpg

Minor rant: first tee times, and course maintenance workers everywhere! On every hole!
Heck even cart girls mess me up, let alone people on mowers starting/ stopping engines, passing in front of you, making you wait, etc.

We caught it all today...
Greens guy, bunkers guy, mower guy, even ALMOST got hit by the Marshall twice who appeared to just be doing high speed laps around the course...

Now, I have my share of faults regarding my disappointing play today, but these guys were on all but the first 2 holes...
I'm whiny I agree, but it just made it hard to get in a groove...

Begin Rant: Does anyone else's course treat singles like a burden? This is the second time I've been to this course on a weekday in the morning and get hassled for not having a tee time, but singles can't make tee times. Very very few 4somes heading out and predominantly older folks in 2s and 3somes. So I said to the guy 'i will just hook up with a 2 or 3 player group and go', he says 'well I need you to go talk to the starter and see if he can get you out with somebody, because we don't force anyone to have people join them.' This is a state run course don't you think they should just want your money and put allow you to just go out and hook up, its not like im expecting to go out as a single but isn't golf a friendly game to be enjoyed with anyone. Guess I just don't like their system for singles, to me I feel like I'm a hassle for then because I want to go out and play and pay them money. But maybe its common at other courses I just wouldnt know any different but I know I don't like it. End Rant.

A couple of courses I've played, they've flat out told us "You're playing with this twosome, to make a foursome." No if's, and's, or but's about it. I mean, what does it matter? You're still out golfing and as long as they're not jackholes everything should be just fine.

I always thought that was the point of golf. If you were a single or a twosome, that you would be paired up.

I used to get paired up when I was younger, every single time we went with less than 4. Honestly haven't been paired up with anyone in probably 10 years.

Courses here won't do it, they also don't enforce tee-times (making sure the right people get off at the right time). It used to be cool to hear your name announced on the speaker at the course as on-deck or next up, people knew when it was their turn....

I always thought that was the point of golf. If you were a single or a twosome, that you would be paired up.

I used to get paired up when I was younger, every single time we went with less than 4. Honestly haven't been paired up with anyone in probably 10 years.

Courses here won't do it, they also don't enforce tee-times (making sure the right people get off at the right time). It used to be cool to hear your name announced on the speaker at the course as on-deck or next up, people knew when it was their turn....

at one of the courses around here they have a "stand by" single rate, you pay 10$ less than anyone else, but you don't get a time, they plug you with the first incomplete group they have. I do think the Idea is brilliant

People talking about their boats, planes and vacation homes while golfing around younger people who will never own none of it even though they work 60 hours 6 days a week.

People talking about their boats, planes and vacation homes while golfing around younger people who will never own none of it even though they work 60 hours 6 days a week.

Switch jobs?

What if those older people were the ones working 60 hours a week when they were younger and earned everything they have?

I feel ya. All it takes is a break though, and you could be one of those people.

I never worry about keeping up with the Jones because quite a few of those people (not all, but some) are on a credit card budget. Sooner or later the bill comes due.

And it's pretty easy to own a vacation home, especially if you buy it in a developed area which draws a lot of vacationers. A rental company will help you with that, and while they take a cut, you'll most likely earn enough to pay off the mortgage each year even if you take a couple of weeks to visit it for your own vacation. Wife and I probably plan on doing this very thing in a few years time.

just got an email from Golfsmith saying the Seemore putters I ordered will NOT be coming. Totally bummed.

Thanks all for the condolences. This year has been utter and complete ****.

You never know man put your mind to it and that may be you one day. Contrary to belief of some young people they are not to have everything right away. It takes time to build yourself and get to that point for many some may never but it doesn't hurt to try if those are your goals in life.

I mowed the lawn to try to and keep the peace to ensure we get the security deposit back. But rest assured as soon as we deposit that check and it clears, he is getting a big piece of my mind.

Duke just passed out again. I spoke with the vet today and we increased some of his heart medicine and added a heart vitamin, so hopefully this helps. I am just a mess at this point, and instead of losing my appetite I am stress eating like it's my job.

I am most stressed about leaving him for a week. I am so worried this will happen while we are gone and the dog sitter will freak out (and rightfully so, I am freaking out). I just can't stand seeing him go through this. I am not optimistic right now.

Duke just passed out again. I spoke with the vet today and we increased some of his heart medicine and added a heart vitamin, so hopefully this helps. I am just a mess at this point, and instead of losing my appetite I am stress eating like it's my job.

I am most stressed about leaving him for a week. I am so worried this will happen while we are gone and the dog sitter will freak out (and rightfully so, I am freaking out). I just can't stand seeing him go through this. I am not optimistic right now.

My thoughts are with you all.

I hope Duke gets a lot better soon.

Thinking of you all, Morgan.

#PrayersForDuke

Thinking about you Morgan, the pet children are so loved, and thinking about losing them is awful, hopefully the new meds will help the little guy

Thoughts and prayer for lil Duke

Sending out positive thoughts to Duke and Ellie as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back