Should I do the honest thing?

aplayer

Reaction score
Handicap
After waiting a week and having a lot of problems today my new fairway wood turned up I was told I would have it last Tuesday. The online shop was not very helpful and even told me that they don't care when it turns up. The problem is today two clubs turned up from them. So I called them and as soon as I said who I was they hung up on me should I call them back?

Poor customer service is uncalled for. Guess they won't be missing that fairway wood.

After waiting a week and having a lot of problems today my new fairway wood turned up I was told I would have it last Tuesday. The online shop was not very helpful and even told me that they don't care when it turns up. The problem is today two clubs turned up from them. So I called them and as soon as I said who I was they hung up on me should I call them back?

I personally would I would also try shooting them an email. Seems odd that they would just hang up on you like that. Is this a large online shop?

Send them a message so your attempt is documented. If they choose not to respond to that message, then I would not feel bad at all about having both clubs.

it is a small online shop one man band sort of thing that i was recommended by a local course. i think i will shoot them a email asking them to contact me about the club and take it from there.

Send them an email but only send it back if they're paying for the shipping and they do so in advance.

If they try to stick it on you tell them to forget it.

Always do the honest thing, you paid for one and should probably notify them that they shipped 2. Your reward in Karma points will far outweigh the value of that fairway wood.

Always do the honest thing, you paid for one and should probably notify them that they shipped 2. Your reward in Karma points will far outweigh the value of that fairway wood.

Always.

they have called me and have told me they will collect the club and give me a free gift as well. so all good they could not of have been nicer to me strange that.

Way to redeem theirselves. Well done!

A thousand times yes.

Ding ding ding

Listen to this wise man. Karma can be a b!+@& or your best friend

I concur…always do the right thing and be honest even when others have not reciprocated the same.

they have called me and have told me they will collect the club and give me a free gift as well. so all good they could not of have been nicer to me strange that.

Good deal! Glad to hear you followed up with them, and they're going to take care of both the club and you.

Bonus! Way to do the honest thing!! Many times I have found if you are nice and not rude on the phone, you will actually get more than you ever would have by being rude.

Good job for doing the right thing, and sounds like they're going to make it worth your while.

Could not agree more dude.

I'm a BIG believer in Karma. It kinda runs my life lol.. Always best to do the right thing!

Marc is a wise man, and an awesome dude.

Well done...honesty always pays off in time

they came and got the club my gift was a bit of a let down i got a pack of 5 castle tees lol

they came and got the club my gift was a bit of a let down i got a pack of 5 castle tees lol
That's ok tho you still did the right thing. You'll now know to not order from them again and still have good karma on your side

FWIW, and this makes me look like a bandit on this board, but if I called a vendor to report a problem like that and they hung up on me after finding out who I was AFTER them telling me they didn't care when I got my product, I would have NO problem never calling them again. I guess I'm just a bit more "morally flexible" than most people here.

That's not to say I would do that if I got a second one out of the blue. Bought a few things at Golfsmith a bit ago including a Callaway hat...got to my car and realized they didn't charge me so I went back in and asked them to charge me.

Definitely can't say I would have done the same thing, but that's great that you did! There are still good people in this world.

Back