Went nest as it comes with the kamado Joe line. Can add table after the fact if we decide. Also comes with deflector, ash tray and tool, multiple racks, grill gripper and more.
I had the table at one time, I prefer the nest. I am going to stick with the nest until.i do an outdoor kitchen :)

Went nest as it comes with the kamado Joe line. Can add table after the fact if we decide. Also comes with deflector, ash tray and tool, multiple racks, grill gripper and more.
Did it come with a vertical rack for turkey?

Oh yeah! I smoked a turkey in mine over Thanksgiving. Can't believe I forgot. It was good too.

No, that and the rib rack will be purchased soon. I am obsessed with ribs lately so that will be one of our first cooking adventures.
I have a rib rack and it is a nice tool, but you do not have to have one for good ribs. Dang GG now you have me craving ribs

Went a little nuts with the accessory ordering tonight.
2nd pizza stone
rib rack
wireless thermometer
and a few others.

Went a little nuts with the accessory ordering tonight.
2nd pizza stone
rib rack
wireless thermometer
and a few others.
Good choices the wireless thermometer when smoking is great.

When you bought it did they tell you to make sure and burp it before opening it at higher heat

Congrats on the gift, I'm sure it's the gift that will keep on giving. Can't wait for pics of the cobbler

Good choices the wireless thermometer when smoking is great.

When you bought it did they tell you to make sure and burp it before opening it at higher heat

Of course. Flashbacks are scary.

I can build your table and your shoe/bag/club storage ala library style all at one shot

Such a kind offer, but not necessary.

Of course. Flashbacks are scary.

Such a kind offer, but not necessary.
I have singed the hair on my arms a few times lol

Assuming it comes reasonably early, first round will be wings on Friday night. mildly low and smoked with a solid sauce. Get them nice and crispy at the end

Kamado Grills

What made you decide to go with KJ?

Shoulda asked it earlier :)

What made you decide to go with KJ?

Lots of research. I really had it narrowed down to 4 brands.
Green Egg
Primo
Kamado Joe
Grill Dome

Grill Dome I could not see locally.
Primo is a unique device because its completely Made in the USA and is a top notch grill.
Big Green Egg has the name and distribution network.
KJ has incredible service and is one of the fastest growing.

At the end of the day, any 4 of these would have made me happy for decades. And they were all the same price. Difference was, the KJ came with more things and has a few features we really like such as the best Gasket of the bunch, a service support team that is incredible and a company that is constantly innovating and adding new features.

Assuming it comes reasonably early, first round will be wings on Friday night. mildly low and smoked with a solid sauce. Get them nice and crispy at the end
Sounds delicious. Hopefully we'll see some pics.

This thread has got me wanting my grill to die soon...

I have been wanting one of these since my father in law got one a year or two ago and started talking about it. Enjoy JB and GolferGal, looking forward to hearing all about your experiences with it.

Like many who have stumbled upon this thread - I now want one of these grills pretty bad. I usually grill for a lot of people so I need something big.

My 5 burner JennAir grill took a crap last year and I just ordered parts to revive it. Wish this thread would have started a little earlier so that I had a good reason to tell my wife why I needed a BGE or KJ. :)

I was looking up recipes for smoked wings, and each one sounds better than the next. Then I saw one guy who made smoked wings and smoked mac 'n cheese on his Kamado grill, and it looked heavenly.

I was looking up recipes for smoked wings, and each one sounds better than the next. Then I saw one guy who made smoked wings and smoked mac 'n cheese on his Kamado grill, and it looked heavenly.
Smoked Mac 'n Cheese sounds heavenly.

Stop, stop now. I can't afford to buy one of these right now.

Back