Bridgestone Sneak Peak ?

I play the DPC and will probably go to DPF but there are golfers who have picked up my clubs after having me rave about Bridgestone irons and said no way, just by looks alone. Those guys play G25, AP1 etc.

Just think the iron releases shown dont cover the full spectrum and that kind of sucks for those +15-+25 handicappers who need more. One cast club wouldnt kill the perception of Bridgestone can only help it.

When launching a brand globally for the first time, you must first go after your bread and butter of golfers rather than diving right in and competing with companies that sell thousands and thousands of those sets.

I wont comment publicly about the new equipment coming out, but I think what is out clearly shows an expansion of lines and they will have a few more tricks up their sleeves.

Maybe if you'd buy their balls they'd have excess capital to invest in building wrong-handed clubs? :alien:

I do hope that their push into more of a mainstream market includes some lefty love, but it seems their model isn't to appeal to all golfers at this point, and that seems to extend to which side of the ball you stand on.

haha I seriously doubt capital is the issue here
I understand it is all business, and that we are a very small market, but the only vote I get is with my wallet. I like their balls, but I will not buy them

Keep in mind they may have tricks up their sleeve as well. Tourstage had a line of GI clubs in Japan. With Bridgestone wanting to expand their iron market you may see them bring some of those design elements or clubs. These may not even be the clubs they are releasing here and if they are nothing says these will be the only clubs they release.

I see this as an expansion of their line.. I don't think it's realistic to expect them to go from two sets of irons to 5, and from what I see in the pictures, there are some great options for low to mid handicaps, with some potential for higher caps with the DPFs.

Also really pleased to see driver adjustability. I quite like the way the J40 sets up, however I love the idea of having adapters to swap out shafts.

haha I seriously doubt capital is the issue here
I understand it is all business, and that we are a very small market, but the only vote I get is with my wallet. I like their balls, but I will not buy them

So if they made clubs in LH, you would start buying them? Genuine question.
I think people are once again caught up in assumptions.

So if they made clubs in LH, you would start buying them? Genuine question.
I think people are once again caught up in assumptions.

I swear that I would own some J40 wedges if they were available. I have yet to see better looking wedges.

as per the Irons, hybrids and woods, they would make the short list if they perform. I can't say I will buy them, but I will try them that is for sure

I swear that I would own some J40 wedges if they were available. I have yet to see better looking wedges.

as per the Irons, hybrids and woods, they would make the short list if they perform. I can't say I will buy them, but I will try them that is for sure

I was speaking about the golf balls. Meaning that if they started making LH equipment, would you be a regular user of their golf balls?

I was speaking about the golf balls. Meaning that if they started making LH equipment, would you be a regular user of their golf balls?

well I am not a regular user of any brand of balls, as I tend to have a few models I like and buy a bunch when I find a good price (I bought 10 dozen fg tour and 12 dozen chrome+ in the last year), but they would be considered just as much as the others.

I've heard this story from more than one lefty, and after they played the B330 series, realized just how great those balls are.

Holding hope they bring out the next series in LH so it gets rid of that opinion. That would be awesome.

I've heard this story from more than one lefty, and after they played the B330 series, realized just how great those balls are.

Holding hope they bring out the next series in LH so it gets rid of that opinion. That would be awesome.

I tried last year's b330 series, and I quite liked it, I know they make great products. I can't say they are miles ahead the others but they are very good.

I have played a few of their balls. Loved the e5 series for my game. I only play z star yellow over the e5 because of how durable the Z star is and I got a bunch of them at a very very good price. Once I run low on them, I will probably go back to the e5 if I don't find something else at a better value.

While I certainly know nothing more than anyone else in this thread, I think there are a LOT of assumptions going on. As a matter of fact, none of us really know if any or all of what we see will make it here. Of course, we can assume, but that is all it really is. Regarding the LH hope, I hope it happens too because guys have been asking for it for a while. We shall see.

To Unlikeink - I actually prefer the DPC to the AP1 for all aspects after having gamed both pretty extensively. Just my preference though.

Bottom line in the offering we see on the first page if we get it is EXPANSION. As Bridgestone expands their line we all benefit. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. I KNOW that. :act-up:

JM

One thing I want to add.
It wasnt that long ago that Bridgestone had Game Improvement irons. It was not a huge success in my opinion and the company went towards the game enhancement model. I would argue that the DPC irons are quite forgiving and them expanding on that line is a good thing to add choices.

As for the LH golfers, as I have said in the past, I dont comment on pre-release gear, but before you dismiss threads based on the past, remember that this is technically a new global launch and if I was a betting man, I bet they have a few tricks up their sleeves.

I love the look of those 15df's I would love to have a set of Bridgestones but you can't find them up here. It drives me nuts seeing all the great reviews around here about them and having a love affair with the b330 balls. Does anyone know if the new line will be available in Canada?

I don't think it is due to launch until later this year. Try getting connected to @Bridgestone via twitter and get registered on their website. You will be one of the first to know then I bet.

JM

I don't think it is due to launch until later this year. Try getting connected to @Bridgestone via twitter and get registered on their website. You will be one of the first to know then I bet.

JM

Or just stay tuned to THP.

Just came across this thread and I'm pretty interested in what i'm seeing here. After hitting the J40 4w lately and the irons as well, I'm really liking what I'm seeing from Bridgestone and the new line looks promising.

Taps away

Bridgestone Sneak Peak ?

These are sexy! I loved the DPC's so I'm really intrigued to see what Bstone has in the bag for Merica. They make quality gear for sure!

It would be very cool if there is some of their stuff to try in Florida in September.

I know this isn't a demo or club testing event. Just a wild shot at hoping there might be, but certainly understand if not.

i have never given their clubs a serious look. No particular reason. I guess like some others I thought maybe they were to "players oriented" for me to try.

But the more I see and hear about them, I think they deserve a look.

As for the LH golfers, as I have said in the past, I dont comment on pre-release gear, but before you dismiss threads based on the past, remember that this is technically a new global launch and if I was a betting man, I bet they have a few tricks up their sleeves.

Just a question regarding this JB, is this a global as in world release or just a USA release? Do you know, as we don't get Bridgestone equipment here apart from the balls, but I would love to see their clubs launched here. I probably just dreaming though.

I love the look of those 15df's I would love to have a set of Bridgestones but you can't find them up here. It drives me nuts seeing all the great reviews around here about them and having a love affair with the b330 balls. Does anyone know if the new line will be available in Canada?
I don't think they will be available at all in Canada unless Bridgestone changes their policies.
When I bought my DPCs it was an absolute chore and PITA.

I look at the picture of the new irons line everyday. It just doesn't look right to me. I alway love Bridgestone irons I played J36, still own J38 and J40dpc. I know they probably don't care if I upgrade or not. It's just doesn't look that good. I think the CB looks okay, but in the long irons I need some forgiveness so I can't get that. I know it's performance, but I like how my equipment look as well. I think hybrid looks awesome though.

Back