Nice man, did you bring it home yourself? 1 man job is really what I am after.

Oh geez no. It was delivered. This one is about 200 lbs and driving it home I would fear breakage anyway.

Oh geez no. It was delivered. This one is about 200 lbs and driving it home I would fear breakage anyway.

Cool, I think I can handle that. Maybe...

I'm guessing it was bought local? I would fear breakage being delivered.

Cool, I think I can handle that. Maybe...

I'm guessing it was bought local? I would fear breakage being delivered.

Ours was purchased from a place about an hour away (they had the best deal). Delivery was about $75

Ours was purchased from a place about an hour away (they had the best deal). Delivery was about $75

Not bad, I only have a local BGE dealer with no delivery.

Slide out drawer for ashes.

SWEET! Definitely a nice feature to have. Shane, how is managing ashes in the BGE?

Not bad, I only have a local BGE dealer with no delivery.

Check around through the other Kamado maker sites. I thought that was the case for us too, but quickly found out others were around.

Nice Josh!! I think if I were to get one that is the setup I would go with. So the nest comes with the side tables? I would probably go with that and add a table or incorporate it into a deck later down the road.

Nice Josh!! I think if I were to get one that is the setup I would go with. So the nest comes with the side tables? I would probably go with that and add a table or incorporate it into a deck later down the road.

Sure does. On the Kamado Joe it does anyway. Not BGE.

Here are some pics of 1st wings

Pre sauce
y2ahy3a4.jpg

Final crisping
gurynura.jpg

5unajyme.jpg

Check around through the other Kamado maker sites. I thought that was the case for us too, but quickly found out others were around.

Price wise, comparable to the BGE?

Those look fantastic. Now I am craving some wings....

Something smells good in here.

JM

Price wise, comparable to the BGE?

Ours is the Kamado Joe. Same price as BGE, but you get more for that dollar because it comes with the nest, tables and more.

Oh man my mouth is watering

SWEET! Definitely a nice feature to have. Shane, how is managing ashes in the BGE?
Its easy D. Stir the charcoal then use the tool in the bottom and presto you are ready to go

Ours is the Kamado Joe. Same price as BGE, but you get more for that dollar because it comes with the nest, tables and more.
My nest was 150 so the komodo save you a pretty penny. I am just a BGE homer sonce it has been perfect for 8 years.
If I was new to this I would lean towards the KJ just because of whats included. from what I have seen and read, cooking wise they are both amazing

My nest was 150 so the komodo save you a pretty penny. I am just a BGE homer sonce it has been perfect for 8 years.
If I was new to this I would lean towards the KJ just because of whats included. from what I have seen and read, cooking wise they are both amazing

Yeah, you truthfully cannot go wrong with a number of brands. It will come down to price and what you get for the dollar, as well as the features you are looking for.

Is there a place you could wedge an electric starter in pretty easily?

Is there a place you could wedge an electric starter in pretty easily?

Absolutely. Use it at the beginning to get going, remove and close lid. I think about half the people that use these use one as most brands have one labeled with their name on it.

Replaced the valves on my old jenn air last night and still not 100%. I think I need to replace the cast iron parts now. Wish I would have just jumped into a kj, $300 sunk into this restoration... :(

Kamado guru forum on tap talk is a great place for grill info and recipes.

Tap talking my way thru the World of golf!

Thanks to this wonderful forum, I just order the Big Joe. Crappy part is it was on back order - hopefully get it by the end of the month.

So how did those wings taste? Looked phenomenal.

raperazy.jpg

Just did a couple chicken breasts tonight, they look yummy

Back