SuperStroke Midnight Series - THP Preview

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
In for review to THP is the new for 2014 "Midnight Series" from SuperStroke.

Rather than a design change, this represents an aesthetic addition to the line that serves to provide more options to golfers. Basically, the people had been asking them for more color options for some time, and they decided to oblige.

The "Midnight Series" is available in Ultra Slim 1.0, Mid Slim 2.0, Slim 3.0, and Fatso 5.0 models and offers silver/black, black/white, and black/red colors.

Information from SuperStroke:

SuperStroke, the leader in oversized grip technology and most popular oversized putter grips on tour, is releasing its much-anticipated Midnight Series grips featuring darker colors.

The new grips are designed using SuperStroke’s patented parallel technology and feature the same profiles and sizes of the original grips. However, unlike the company’s traditional white-based grip color scheme, the Midnight Series are black or silver-based.

SuperStroke’s 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and 5.0 sizes are now available in a new black-based with white or the silver-based with black color scheme. The company’s two most popular sizes, 2.0 and 3.0, are also available in a black-based grip with red color scheme. The Midnight Series grips are the same price as the white-based grips and are available at all retail outlets.

“Over the years we’ve had many requests from consumers for a darker based color scheme,” said Jon Luna, SuperStroke USA Marketing Director. “Although we’re known for our white-based grips, we wanted to give customers what they wanted.”

SuperStroke’s unique parallel shape allows for even pressure in both hands, while eliminating added tension in the wrist and forearms. This helps the golfer’s arms swing more freely, which further enhances a pendulum-putting stroke.

SuperStroke (superstrokeusa.com) grips are long lasting and extremely shock absorbent. They are designed with a high-tech polyurethane material featuring cross traction technology that improves feel and tackiness. Combined with SuperStroke’s patented parallel technology further increases consistency and lowers scores for every level of golfer, even professionals.

THP received all of the new colors in the form of silver/black and black/red in the 3.0 and silver/black and black/white in the 1.0.

In-Hand Images:

DSC_0477-L.jpg

DSC_0461-L.jpg

DSC_0463-L.jpg

DSC_0464-L.jpg

DSC_0465-L.jpg

DSC_0480-L.jpg

DSC_0466-L.jpg

DSC_0467-L.jpg

DSC_0468-L.jpg

DSC_0479-L.jpg

DSC_0469-L.jpg

DSC_0470-L.jpg

DSC_0472-L.jpg

DSC_0471-L.jpg

DSC_0482-L.jpg

DSC_0473-L.jpg

DSC_0475-L.jpg

DSC_0474-L.jpg

DSC_0481-L.jpg

DSC_0476-L.jpg

Last edited:
After noticing the white get dirty fairly quickly from the stock series, the midnight series is a welcomed edition to the SS line.

Those are some good looking grips.

I've got a silver and black one just waiting to go my Si2. At first I didn't like the texture that was added to the 13 line last year, but after trying some putters with the style grip I became a fan. I just wish they had the silver and black in reverse.

Those are some great looking grips. I especially like the red and black one.

Be the ball!!

I won a silver/black on twitter when they were first released and is like the darker color with the MXM#7. An added plus was dirt didn't show up like on the white ones.

• Staff
Love this new series from SS. I only wish they'd do the same in the Flatso line. I'm sure that'll come around some day.

I'm betting we see the colors continue to expand and then maybe next year into the Flatso line. I know they did a LOT of proto colors as well, I would hurt someone for the solid blue and solid lime ones I saw images of.

I've actually never gone above 2.0 so the 3.0's will be interesting. The silver/black 1.0 and 3.0 are going on my pair of SeeMore m3's at 36", should be interesting to be able to switch back and forth sizes with the same head.

I have the black and white on two of my putters. They look pretty awesome.

I really like the Black and Red one, I have the regular white one on my putter and love it. Couldn't see myself going to a standard grip anymore.

I've got the silver and black 2.0 on my ix #9 and its working nicely right now. I have a flatso ultra that I'm thinking of trying soon tho, been curious about it for awhile now after Jmans review

I have the silver/black slim 3.0 on my FGP. I like it.

Have the black/red on my protype iX 9, love it. Don't thoroughly enjoy the feel of the grip at the start, but once it gets worn in like a new glove it's great.

Damn it, this thread just made me go to the store and buy the B&R one. Damn you guys for forcing me into this. :smile-big:

Like the looks of these much better than the white based versions.

i put the black and white on my new putter it is super nice just like original but does not get as dirty

Love these and I am torn between this or the flatso

Those look really good! I really want to get one of these for my Cleveland SS in the 2.0.

Big fan of this color scheme and SS grips are great. Now bring the mid night series to the flatso ultra!

Grey and black yes please!!

Right? The silver looks fantastic.
Absolutely. Really sharp. Would look awesome on a Bridgestone black shafted putter.
#murderedout

Absolutely. Really sharp. Would look awesome on a Bridgestone black shafted putter.
#murderedout

Hahaha, that it would indeed. I really hope we end up seeing some of the other colors they have tested, solid colors on these are just awesome.

I'm a big fan of more color options, but I prefer the white based look over these...for now.

I'd love to see some solid color choices added--like one all THP green.

I really like the black/red and black/white ones. These should look new longer than the current line I would suppose.

Absolutely love my superstroke grip.

That black and silver will be mine O yes you will!

Back