Smash and Grab Robbery at Golfsmith

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
My local Golfsmith got hit last week with a smash and grab robbery. The Titleist rack is in the front by the window so I figured the thieves made out like crazy.

Turns out they grabbed all of their Stage 2 Rocketballz woods.

Im a bit perplexed. Eithr that or TaylorMade marketing does work.

My local Golfsmith got hit last week with a smash and grab robbery. The Titleist rack is in the front by the window so I figured the thieves made out like crazy.

maybe the RBZ2 are easier to sell since there are so many out there or the white and yellow caught there eye

The thieves will probably be here as new THP members complaining loudly about TM's release cycle and resale value when they find out they can't get top dollar for the stolen sticks.

Wow, some thieves just don't do there homework! lol

Seriously though, that's to bad for the Golfsmith Store, good thing for insurance.

They passed a full rack of 913 woods and Ping drivers. I mean come on!

The thieves will probably be here as new THP members complaining loudly about TM's release cycle and resale value when they find out they can't get top dollar for the stolen sticks.

That. was. awesome! Made me laugh just as much as the story.

They passed a full rack of 913 woods and Ping drivers. I mean come on!

Probably thought they'd only have a few seconds before police were there so they just grabbed and ran. That's hysterical though.

Haha need that on the dumb robbers video shows

Completely unrelated, but I just posted up about 47 Rocketballz woods for sale in the market forum if anyone is interested.

Also about 39 right hand women's gloves in extra medium.

I'm trying to sell fast, so make an offer!

If the folks at TM hear about this, they'll release an RBZ Stage 3 that comes complete with anti-theft technology, and not just any anti-theft technology: the RBZ Stage 3 will feature SpeedPROtect, the first anti-theft technology to provide an extra seventeen yards of distance.

The thieves do not necessarily have to be golfers. Perhaps they were, indeed, smitten with the TM color scheme and thought that these sticks might draw a hefty bid on ebay?! :)

Yeah sometimes these crooks are clueless about golf merchandise values. Several weeks someone smashed the picture window at Horton Smith here in Springfield. They grabbed the used club/demo bag and neglected all the new merchandise displayed throughout the pro shop.

Crack heads looking for crack money. Or meth heads, they weren't golfers

The arrowhead location?

Most thieves are opportunistic and going to grab what's closest so they can get in and out. They'd probably seen all the TM commercials so thought they'd be easy to sell off.

Hey what's up guys, I have 11 Taylor Made RBZ stage2 drivers that I can't seem to hit right. Going to post them up for sale. Any takers?

I would have gone right to the putter rack lol.

Seriously though, I would imagine no matter what you took, that they would be able to trace sn#'s pretty quickly if they started showing up.

Somewhere in here is a joke about The Speed Police.....hhhhhmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Crack heads looking for crack money. Or meth heads, they weren't golfers

Crack heads only steal copper though.

Meth heads usually go white collar crime like cashing fake checks

Last edited:
Crack heads only steel copper though.

Meth heads usually go white collar crime like cashing fake checks

Ok, I got nothing, don't know what to go with this

In all seriousness though, you can tell it was a random act by amateur criminals. Probably some drug induced spur of the moment thing. But knowing Arizona if they get caught they'll get 75 years without parole. Stealing golf equipment is probably considered a hate crime there.

Back