Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike is always been one of my favorites, well deserved. McCutchen is so well rounded, I really enjoy watchig him play.

Good for Trout for finally winning an overdue MVP award. Granted it was just the AS game, but at least he has an MVP to his credit.

And Miggy still almost beat him out there with that 2 run blast. Trout is a great player and will be for a long time, just has to cut down on the Ks a little.

Glad to see Miggy do what he did last night. His HRs have been traded for 2Bs this year due to recovering from the groin surgery. Hopefully that means he's feeling better and can light it up after the all star break.

Anyone think there's any teams leading a division now that won't come September?

And Miggy still almost beat him out there with that 2 run blast. Trout is a great player and will be for a long time, just has to cut down on the Ks a little.

Glad to see Miggy do what he did last night. His HRs have been traded for 2Bs this year due to recovering from the groin surgery. Hopefully that means he's feeling better and can light it up after the all star break.

Anyone think there's any teams leading a division now that won't come September?
Brewers are theconly ones that come immediately to mind. And that not because I am not rooting for them to hang on because I am. Just have seen several chinks in the armor recently.

Brewers are theconly ones that come immediately to mind. And that not because I am not rooting for them to hang on because I am. Just have seen several chinks in the armor recently.

The entire NL has close races, it's unreal. And heck, the AL East is just a hot streak away from changing, I hope the BoSox can get it together. The only division I think (I hope) is locked down is the AL Central.

It is insane how many young stars that the MLB has.

Trout
Harper
Stanton
Kershaw
Etc..
Etc...

It is insane how many young stars that the MLB has.

Trout
Harper
Stanton
Kershaw
Etc..
Etc...

I've heard of a few of those.. but who is this Harper kid?

harperhit2.gif

Oh wait.. this guy. (I will never not find a reason to use this gif)

I'm holding out that the Angels will overtake the A's. Seven games (four at home) against the A's next month could be a huge decider of the final standings. Should be a fun second half.

Bye bye Uggla.

MLB 2014

I hope he finds success elsewhere. He is apparently a really good guy and liked in the clubhouse. I'm just not sure he can get over it mentally.

I hope he finds success elsewhere. He is apparently a really good guy and liked in the clubhouse. I'm just not sure he can get over it mentally.

He had his moments (that hitting streak he had a few years ago), and he seems like a great teammate, but I'm glad to see him gone. Hopefully we can bounce back from this and be better, too.

When a team is willing to eat $19 million to bring up a AAA player, it's time. Bon voyage Dan.

This sums it up nicely.

The Braves really need to stop signing FA bats. The track record is not good.

But, their farm system is so slanted towards pitching (and for good reason) that it's tough to see them developing a slew of hitters.

Fortunately, it looks like they have a core of young, talented fielders for the next 3-4 seasons. If the Braves are going to make a run, they need to get healthy and do it now.

Miss you already, Dan.

giphy.gif

Really hope he finds success elsewhere.

Hmmm Angels picked up Huston Street. Suddenly the bullpen looks darn good.

Hmmm Angels picked up Huston Street. Suddenly the bullpen looks darn good.
I was hoping the Giants might find a way to get him

If the Rays do trade Price, he sure has increased his trade value. He has gone 7 or more innings in his last 11 starts, going 8 or more in 8 of them. His Era is under 2 in that stretch and right around 1 this month. He has also won 5 straight starts. He is throwing the ball the best he ever has and is going to require a kings ransom to get him.

Indians 3 outs from taking the first three games of a four game set with the Tigers. Exactly what this team needed coming out of the break

Indians 3 outs from taking the first three games of a four game set with the Tigers. Exactly what this team needed coming out of the break

Tigers are blah...

Just real hard to get exited lately about this team. Same stuff different day...

And down to 4.5 out?

Tigers are blah...

Just real hard to get exited lately about this team. Same stuff different day...

They do this too often. And soon enough it's gonna bite them in the behind

And down to 4.5 out?

Yes. This road trip was make or break for the Indians. They leave Detroit after tomorrow for a series in Kansas City then travel to Chicago to play the white sox. Would be awesome to sweep Detroit to kick it off

They do this too often. And soon enough it's gonna bite them in the behind

Right now, with the problems in the later 1/2 of the lineup, and the bullpen, I could envision them not making the playoffs.

They need a bat and 2 relievers (one who has closing experience)

And I doubt they get it.

Right now, with the problems in the later 1/2 of the lineup, and the bullpen, I could envision them not making the playoffs.

They need a bat and 2 relievers (one who has closing experience)

And I doubt they get it.

I can't see them not making the playoffs. Still too much offense and starting pitching to drop to to miss both wild card positions. But they still have a solid lead in the division and for the next few weeks the rest of the decision is going to beat eachother up. Prime opportunity for Detroit to make up ground after this weekend

Why can't Detroit find a closer? Joe Nathan sucks, and doesn't seem to be a great teammate either.

Hmm reading Giants are interested in Clevelands Aviles or cabrera.

If they can get something solid trade Cabrera. He continues to decline and uber prospect Lindor is awaiting his time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back