Fantasy Baseball League 2010

White Rhino

SANDBAGGER!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Ok kids I am about ready to set up the league but I want to know from those who are interested what day and time would work best. Since the people here are from all over the world, arranging the best time for everyone might be a challange.

I am not sure about setting up a poll here so lt's do it this way. Ansder the fllowing two questions below

1. What day of the week would be best for you to draft

2. What time of day is best ( include time zone here, like 8pm pst)

I will try to make the time most accomidating for those who are interested. This is roughly how the league is to be set up

Auction Draft
Head to Head Style
Rosters can be changed each week
14-16 teams
thinking about 2 divisions

If anyone has other suggestions, post here or send me a msg

That all sounds good to me. Ill work my schedule around when ever you guys pick the draft date. If not ill just pre fill out my draft.

That all sounds good to me. Ill work my schedule around when ever you guys pick the draft date. If not ill just pre fill out my draft.

if it is an auction style like we were planning it almost mandates you be present at the draft.

if it is an auction style like we were planning it almost mandates you be present at the draft.

Very true. Hmmm, lets hear what others have to say. The only thing im wondering is that with 14-16 teams, is an auction necessary, its going to be pretty slim pickins already. Unless were making it a keeper league the auction would make sense then.

I should be good for whenever is good for the majority, but the later the better probably for me. But I am in the Alantic Time zone, so that can be pretty early for some.

I'm flexible if it's at night. Any day is good as long as it's after 8P EST. The later the better.

Any evening works for me as long as its after 6 pm pst or I have time at work....

I would like to play. I'm on EST. Evenings or weekends would work out best.

Whooo I'd like to be in :) Just let me know what I need to do and all that jazz!

I would like to be in as well. Any week night after 8 EST works best for me.

But I am certainly able to be flexible in terms of timing.

Don't forget about me :D and fill me in!!

Very true. Hmmm, lets hear what others have to say. The only thing im wondering is that with 14-16 teams, is an auction necessary, its going to be pretty slim pickins already. Unless were making it a keeper league the auction would make sense then.

14-16 is a lot of teams...I agree with Gasman that there won't be much to bid on after about the 13th round or so.

I'm EST...mornings work best for me but I can work something out. I coach a high school baseball team so practice/games consume my evenings/weekends. Any way we could do it on a Sunday? Late afternoon or early evening possibly?

Are we going to get a fantasy baseball league going? I haven't heard anything else about it and the season starts on Sunday.....

So, I take it no Fantasy Baseball then?

I'd also be interested.

It would seem that way now. Season starts Sunday night. Thats too bad.

It's too bad we couldn't get this thing off the ground. I guess with time constraints it just got too big. As the Cubbies say, wait til next year!

For those that still need that baseball fix and since many of y'all spend a ton of time on ESPN like myself, I did setup a group for the Baseball Challenge. It's a points type game with salaried players. If you would like to join and see how you stack up against each other go to ESPN Baseball Challenge look for the group name: THP. Password is : Hackers. Hope to see you there!

I have not seen White Rhino on much lately. THP did not have time for an official one run by us, but offered to donate a prize of some sort for the MLB league. It can still be done after the season starts really as long as it is early on.

How about this one? No draft, we can set it up where you only have to set your roster once a week (a lot of people may be too busy to check their rosters every day). Check it out.

http://games.espn.go.com/bbc/en/frontpage

ESPN Baseball Challenge rosters are composed of 9 offensive players and 1 pitching staff which must fit under the $50 million dollar salary cap. The 9 offensive players on a team's roster consist of one from each of the following positions:
Catcher (C)
First Baseman (1B)
Second Baseman (2B)
Third Baseman (3B)
Shortstop (SS)
Left Fielder (LF)
Center Fielder (CF)
Right Fielder (RF)
Designated Hitter (DH)
For the 10th position you will select a team's Pitching staff (PS). For example, if you select the Boston Red Sox for your pitching staff and Josh Beckett, Hedeki Okajima, and Jonathan Papelbon all pitch then you will get the composite score for their combined performance on that day.

In order for a roster to be complete, all 10 roster slots must be filled by a player/staff while not exceeding the salary limit. Salaries will be updated once a week (on Monday mornings at 3:00 AM ET), and are based on a combination of the player/staff's season-to-date and last seven days statistics in the scoring categories. Players can be moved onto your roster by choosing a player and clicking on the "Add Player" button.

Players that are added to your team's roster by 3:00 AM ET will accumulate statistics on the following day. For example, if you add Derek Jeter to your roster on Friday, June 4 at 10pm PT, he will begin receiving statistics for games beginning on Saturday, June 5. You will automatically be brought through this process when you first create your roster.

ESPN Baseball Challenge takes place over two contest periods, one before the All-Star break and one after, as described in the Official Rules. Note that every team's roster will be deleted at the end of the first contest period, and must be recreated for the second contest period.

Scoring
The five offensive statistical categories which count in Baseball Challenge are Runs Scored (R), Total Bases (TB), Runs Batted In (RBI), Walks (BB) and Stolen Bases (SB). For each instance a player on your team's roster achieves these in a game, one point will be awarded.

BBC will also include the pitching staff slot. For this there are six statistical categories which count and note that negative points are possible. The categories are Innings Pitched (IP), Earned Runs (ER), Hits (H), Walks (BB), Strikeouts (K), and Wins (W). The following points will be awarded/deducted for each instance one of them take place: 1 out = +1 (complete IP = +3), ER = -3, Hit = -1, BB = -1, K = +1, Win = +5. There are no points awarded for saves or holds. Also please note that you are selecting an entire pitching staff, not an individual pitcher. This means you receive the entire line from a pitching staff. In the event that a player you have selected for a particular day is involved in a double-header on that day, you will earn the player's stats for both games played on that day.

All we need is for someone to set up the group.

I set up a group if anyone is interested.

Group name: THP Baseball
Password: Hackers

This is a weekly group, not a daily group.
Please use your THP screen name.

EDIT: I didn't notice that Spank set one up already. His is a daily group. You need to set up two separate entries to join both. So I'm going to set up another one!

Last edited:
I have not seen White Rhino on much lately. THP did not have time for an official one run by us, but offered to donate a prize of some sort for the MLB league. It can still be done after the season starts really as long as it is early on.

I am right here JB I went to NY for about a week but was checkin in from there

I set up a group if anyone is interested.

Group name: THP Baseball
Password: Hackers

This is a weekly group, not a daily group.
Please use your THP screen name.

Is this different from the one Spank set up?

Is this different from the one Spank set up?

Yes, it's a weekly game, not a daily game.
I'm going to join both (gotta have two separate entries).

Last edited:
Is there still space to join the ESPN group?

Back