Won my first board Comp

Mizuno Blue

Reaction score
Handicap
Bandit
Won my first board comp yesterday, my name will now be in gold letters and a part of club history for everyone to see in years to come :bashful:

The Corbett Cup originates from 1906 and is fought hard for every year in a Greensome Medal format with drawn partners.

I was drawn with a 79yr old 15 handicapper who was as solid as a rock, as I nailed my drives finding the fairways for fun with my new SLDR, he was left with short irons putting me on the green and we were parring most holes with a degree of comfort, some of the birdie putts were just escaping us and at times were very frustrating, but we slid some in for good measure a little later.

The hooter brought us all off after we had played 11 holes due to lightening so I had a couple of pints believing we wouldn't be going back out, but suddenly after around 90 minutes we were informed the comp would restart!

A double bogey ensued on the 1st hole (11th) after the restart as we both struggling to get loose again but an immediate birdie on 12 got the focus and juices going again.

Not fully sure of how the calculations are worked out but we won with a very healthy nett 61.2, almost 10 under and very clear winners :banana:

I really wasn't that well prepared for this comp due to playing on the south coast 180 miles away at Cooden (Bexhill on Sea) in a 36 hole competition/meet and driving the 3.5hrs back afterwards getting home at 1am! But even though I felt I was running on fumes at times, my senior partner and I really gelled and dovetailed perfectly off each other when we had to.

Really chuffed :joy:

congrats

Congrats on the accomplishment!

Congrats, all the best in future play

Congrats! Well done you! What's a board competition?

Congrats on the win.

Congrats! Well done you! What's a board competition?

Thanks, its a major cup/trophy competition where you have your name stencilled on a board on display in the clubs lounge.

awards_zps547962df.jpg

That's pretty awesome. Congrats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats on the great win!

Well done, congratulations to you both.

Congratulations Mizuno

Very cool, congrats!!

Congrats to you and your playing partner.

Well done!

Congratulations! Nice win!!!

That's awesome! Congrats

Congrats Mizuno. Great partnership for the win.

Great Job!

I guess that's good???

You use some terms unfamiliar to me.

I thought golf was pretty much 99% universal in its 'terms', what is it you don't understand?

Congrats MB !

Back