Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After throwing my clubs into my boring white and black Ping staffer, I like how my Seamus tartans look with it. So shockingly, I want a new bag.

Either:
7y6y2ate.jpg

Or maybe:
pytunuve.jpg

I hate that I can't find a bag and just stick with it.
I really like my three5, but i almost bought a adidas samba this weekend

the lack of ponders on a Monday is seriously disturbing

I am so proud that I didn't drunk buy a Fuji Pro hybrid shaft this weekend. I was at the moment of truth and backed down.

I am so proud that I didn't drunk buy a Fuji Pro hybrid shaft this weekend. I was at the moment of truth and backed down.

for the titleist? or u got other plans for it?

Depending on how this weekend goes I may have a 3W ponder.

Im also pondering graphite in the apex

for the titleist? or u got other plans for it?

Depending on how this weekend goes I may have a 3W ponder.

Im also pondering graphite in the apex

That's where I got hung up. Either the titleist or elsewhere and I won't know that answer for a week or two. I know I could just pull the adapter, but I don't want to make extra work or risk the shaft if I don't have to.

I hit the hell out of that X-Hot yesterday. Laid up with it off the tee right into the fairway bunker I didn't think was reachable :banghead: Going to take something mighty special to knock it out of the bag.

As for graphite, just do it. I want to add wedge shafts in to the bag later this year.

My Mizuno forged irons ponder turned into an early 30th bday gift. The next 2 days are going to be BRUTAL waiting for delivery!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Man eBay and drunk me is bad news. Only thing i drunk ordered this weekend was new floor mats for my car.

You're telling me. I can't wait for Friday for mine, and then to see what else other people may have....

Sorry for the back to back posts, but what did you go with?

The only graphite option we had. Wanted aerotechs but they were available. So its stock graph. Figure I already have a set with steel shafts.

The only graphite option we had. Wanted aerotechs but they were available. So its stock graph. Figure I already have a set with steel shafts.

Smart play there. I tried the graphite, the dispersion numbers just weren't as good to make the top 3. A touch longer though than the choice I went with.

Pondering going back to a set of Combo Forged Cavity Back/Blades, perhaps Titleist 714 CB's/MB's or Taylormade Tour Preferred CB's/MB's
Would probably go 5 and 6 iron in the CB's and 7-PW in the MB's. I am looking for something that I can move both ways. My Razr X Tours are solid but my misses tend to be Right to Left and I think that it is due to the Offset on the Mid-Irons (5 and 6) and I have a tough time fading my Razrs (again I feel it is due to the offset)
I don't seem to have the same issues when I play my "Classic" iron set (Dunlop Maxfli Australian Blades circa 1978) but would like to have a set with more modern Lengths and Lofts.

Pondering going back to a set of Combo Forged Cavity Back/Blades, perhaps Titleist 714 CB's/MB's or Taylormade Tour Preferred CB's/MB's
Would probably go 5 and 6 iron in the CB's and 7-PW in the MB's. I am looking for something that I can move both ways. My Razr X Tours are solid but my misses tend to be Right to Left and I think that it is due to the Offset on the Mid-Irons (5 and 6) and I have a tough time fading my Razrs (again I feel it is due to the offset)
I don't seem to have the same issues when I play my "Classic" iron set (Dunlop Maxfli Australian Blades circa 1978) but would like to have a set with more modern Lengths and Lofts.

Played a combo set for a very long time but I have to say other than aesthetics there is really no reason. There is nothing a blade can do that a modern day perimeter weighted cavity back can't. I'm not talking SGI here but like you mentioned the 714 CB, Callaway Apex pro, etc.

^ absolutely correct. The difference at that level is purely looks. Even then, the apex pros are only marginally thicker than my MB's in top line and sole thickness

I have ci11 with 26 rounds on them (every round in the 70s), but I know a dude with brand new (in plastic!) AP1 714s 4-GW for cheap. I'm not really one to play fades and draws...I just want to hit it the same way, but I'm afraid the offset in them AP1s might favor left too much

I hate HOing

Played a combo set for a very long time but I have to say other than aesthetics there is really no reason. There is nothing a blade can do that a modern day perimeter weighted cavity back can't. I'm not talking SGI here but like you mentioned the 714 CB, Callaway Apex pro, etc.

I understand where you are coming from. I guess that what I am looking for is a set with thin top lines, but more importantly, a set with the absolute minimum in offset.
The look at address does count for me as I like a very thin top line. I played the Callaway Apex Pros for a couple of months but when I set them next to my Razr X Tours the amount of offset appeared to be almost identical and that was unacceptable to me, thus the thought of going back to a blade. I am not worried about "Sweet Spot Size" as I am a fairly good ball striker and I think that from either 6 or 7 iron on down it is a non issue for me, just thought that a little forgiveness in the mid/longer irons would not be a bad thing.

Have you looked at the Cleveland 588 CB/MB combo set?

Really debating the Titliest 913 d2 and 913 fairways. Hit skibumgolfers and wow, more consistant and more penetating ball flight. Perfect for me as I usally hit them very high. If anyones selling one I am interested

Last edited:
Really debating the Titliest 913 d2 and 913 fairways. Hit skibumgolfers and wow, more consistant and more penetating ball flight. Perfect for me as I usally hit them very high. If anyones selling one I am intetested

FYI its actually a 910F, 'ahina stiff shaft. 913F is an awesome club as well, but it's more expensive.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

FYI its actually a 910F, 'ahina stiff shaft. 913F is an awesome club as well, but it's more expensive.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Awesome, thanks Ryan. Will seach around the bay for them. Love the mid flight it had. Good for my ball flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back