Callaway Big Bertha V-Series Driver

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Some rumors are starting to swirl that something new is coming from Callaway, and given that it was about a year ago that we sat the OptiForce the whispers are that it could be the replacement to that line.

Shot from the USGA site of the sole, Big Bertha V-Series?

unnamed_zps74fc0d23.jpg

I can honestly say 1000% its got my attention if it is the "next" OptiForce, that driver is SOLID. Pretty freaking interesting nonetheless though.

Love the black looks of it

• Staff
Looking closer at the pic it definitely looks like it has the same "Speed Optimized Technology" print out towards the toe that I believe the Opti had.

well Harry did say they were going to build off the name when he did the quick forum question thing here the other week. Pretty spiffy looking club. Now the real question...what's the shaft?

Color kind of reminds me of my old C4

• Staff
That sole is flat out awesome. Maybe we get some more insight this weekend from a certain # character.....I'll bring my truth telling serum. Looks to be along the Optiforce line with the Speed Optimized Tech.

I liked the Optiforce, and if this one is more of that and LESS Big Bertha then I will be quite interested.

Also, looks like a black and white picture?

That medallion is all sorts of obnoxious.

That sole is flat out awesome. Maybe we get some more insight this weekend from a certain # character.....I'll bring my truth telling serum. Looks to be along the Optiforce line with the Speed Optimized Tech.

Man that would be sweet. The Opti was SO solid. Somewhere Nate may be leaping for joy.

I liked the Optiforce, and if this one is more of that and LESS Big Bertha then I will be quite interested.

Cray cray. :alien:

Also, looks like a black and white picture?

Yuppers!

That medallion is all sorts of obnoxious.

No worse than a cavity.

I like Sir Isaac though and the marketing they are using with "You can't argue with physics", but I know not everyone does. Will be cool to see what colors it has on it, gotta be some blue and red on it somewhere I would imagine.

Need to hear more. Where is our Cally expert at?

The Issac Newton emblem really cheapens the look for me.

Yeesh, guess I am in the minority for the looks. Still eager to know what colors are on it.

Yeesh, guess I am in the minority for the looks. Still eager to know what colors are on it.

Looks don't really move me in either direction. Must see more of it.

I am not a fan of the Badge on the bottom, but if it performs it has my attention. I did not have a ton of success when I demoed the Optiforce, but I will be trying this one.

I would wait to judge anything until at least some color is thrown in. I, personally, like the badge and the Sir Isaac thing, so that's cool for me.

Initial pictures don't sway me one way or the other. I've never been one To discount a driver based on aesthetics or color scheme. The "tinkerer" in me will want it give it a run, but anything will have a hard time pushing Bertha out of the bag for me.

I sure like this thread

I would wait to judge anything until at least some color is thrown in. I, personally, like the badge and the Sir Isaac thing, so that's cool for me.

I'm in the same boat.

Would really like to see it in color before commenting on looks.

Interested to see an Optiforce replacement. I was asking about it in December, but the R&D guys were being coy. The definitely acknowledged something was on the horizon, though.

Interesting. I don't think it looks hideous but will be curious to see the colors.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Optiforce replacement, I liked that driver last year, but it is going to have to perform really well to beat out the Alpha.

I'm interested to hear more. Sole pics mean nothing to me...show me the crown/face at address.

I'm in the same boat.

Would really like to see it in color before commenting on looks.

Interested to see an Optiforce replacement. I was asking about it in December, but the R&D guys were being coy. The definitely acknowledged something was on the horizon, though.

After you reading that NDA in its entirety, they knew you meant business! I'm also intrigued by a possible shaft pairing as that of the Optiforce and the Diamana were right up my alley.

Back