Cobra Bio Cell+ Driver - Review Thread

So, this one returned home with me from TN after spending a few months with #Cookie, I missed it.

That said, while I prefer the look of this one, the fade bias just isn't the best for me, I put the VLCT in it which is higher spin and launch than the Red-Tie though and had a lot of fun with it. Its one that I'll keep tinkering with post MC for sure, and if nothing else it will be great for shaft reviews to play the same shaft in both spin/launch profiled heads of the Bio line.

This beast combined with the D+ is just sick. I was ecstatic with the regular version until I went through the fitting. Now seeing this combo outside is blowing my mind. Confidence is building again and I like it.

Just took the plunge and purchased the black version of the + with the red tie stiff shaft. From what I have seen in the hitting bay, this will be my money maker. I took my driver to compare. On perfectly hit shots, the bio cell+ had 15 to 20 yards more carry distance than my current driver. On my usual toe hits, I gained 5 to 10 yards more carry. I am excited to say the least. I will post more when I get to take it on the range and course.

Check out what happened to my buddies bio cell plus he just bought and took to range for first time

enu2yte6.jpg

Check out what happened to my buddies bio cell plus he just bought and took to range for first time

enu2yte6.jpg

Venollum off, that's the first time I've seen that, oof. Surely Cobra CS will take care of it.

Yep called them they had him take it back to golf galaxy to send back

Said it flew just over 20 yards on the range lol

Said it flew just over 20 yards on the range lol

Yeesh, that would have been a moment like being at demo day and watching Wardy glued adapters flying off left and right.

Last edited:
Spent a ton of time with this driver yesterday. Really the first time I've spent more than 15 minutes with it. This driver is downright unreal. Spin numbers are super low, ball flight is where I want it and it looks pretty awesome. Stock shaft is perfect for this club as well. Really looking forward to spending the weekend and then some with this awesome club.

First round with bio cell + 6q3 combo and went well. Side by side compared to my zl encore kaili 60 combo I was flying around same distance and bio cell + may have rolled a few yards more. For a smallish head forgiveness was good but encore is more forgiving on bad shots. Need to play around with driver a bit more but no other driver has come close to encore in last 2 years so for first time out it looks promising although I was never expecting to find a driver that dominated my zl encore.

First round with bio cell + 6q3 combo and went well. Side by side compared to my zl encore kaili 60 combo I was flying around same distance and bio cell + may have rolled a few yards more. For a smallish head forgiveness was good but encore is more forgiving on bad shots. Need to play around with driver a bit more but no other driver has come close to encore in last 2 years so for first time out it looks promising although I was never expecting to find a driver that dominated my zl encore.

Got to admit hit both side by side on the range & the ZL Encore is staying in the bag

Whats interesting is when I got to go out to Cobra some of the data they showed us was their testing vs the ZL's and the ball speed retention across the face on misses was improved. What works best works best though, no doubt.

Oh it didnt under preformed but it didn't over preformed for a price difference. .if that makes any sense.

Oh it didnt under preformed but it didn't over preformed for a price difference. .if that makes any sense.

Makes perfect sense, I know the confidence you have in your ZL, so it makes perfect sense to me. Marginal differences aren't worth the change right now for ya.

Wish I could of put my Fubuki K in the Bio + . Would of a better comparison

I had a pretty solid day with the +.

Only bad result was on a lazy swing where I came OTT and tugged one left pretty badly. After that, it didn't happen again.

Quite excited to put this into play for the MC. I feel confident in finding fairways with it....I may not be hitting it 250 plus, but I'll take a solid 225-230 in the FW all day.

Cookie you hit that tee ball so dang high. I think you have a pretty positive angle of attack, just based on how the ball flies. You also seem to have plenty of club head speed (by my eye at least)... I have to wonder if it wouldn't carry farther with a lower launching shaft or even at a little bit lower loft for you. I'm not a fitter, obviously. Just something I was thinking last weekend when we played

Personally I have been struggling with some swing issues (and fitness issues and mental game issues and lack of practice issues, etc) the past few weeks, but when I do connect with one... man. Only had a couple today that I would call "good", but many were decent and one of them was incredible, rolling out to 308 by the GPS, right in the fairway. I just haven't found anything else that puts the ball through the air like the Bio+ does for me. I do still need to get the heavier shaft I was fitted into. I also have a ZL and an amp cell to compare this one with. The ZL really is a great driver, and it carries almost the same for me (farther than the amp cell), but I don't seem to get the same roll-outs that I do with the Bio+. No technical data on this one, just a seat of the pants feel playing both of the two drivers lately.

Last edited:
Must admit i was nervous to buy the Bio Cell+ without trying (no demo's in New Zealand) as last years amp cell and amp cell pro were a massive failure for me compared to the encore but Bio Cell+ is miles better than last years amp cells.. I will never sell my zl encore 7.5 and 8.5 heads but bio cell+ is going to give them a good run.

Had a driver fitting today and this driver was the winner! I had it set to 9.5 degrees, Diamana B 60 shaft in stiff flex. I can't wait to get this club in a blue head to match the blue shaft! My swing speed isn't at Internet Golfer levels, but I couldn't argue with the results. This was a screenshot of one of the better shots I hit on Trackman:

IMG_20140721_142147346_HDR.jpg

Had a driver fitting today and this driver was the winner! I had it set to 9.5 degrees, Diamana B 60 shaft in stiff flex. I can't wait to get this club in a blue head to match the blue shaft! My swing speed isn't at Internet Golfer levels, but I couldn't argue with the results. This was a screenshot of one of the better shots I hit on Trackman:

IMG_20140721_142147346_HDR.jpg

1.52 smash factor?
I was roasted when I had a few smash factors over 1.5.

1.52 smash factor?
When I hit on a Trackman I had a few smash factors above 1.5 although I'm not sure how.

1.52 smash factor?

When I hit on a Trackman I had a few smash factors above 1.5 although I'm not sure how.

The high end that can show up on Trackman is 1.52 according to my fitter. I had multiple shots with this club where the smash factor was 1.5 or above. It's a rocket launcher.

The high end that can show up on Trackman is 1.52 according to my fitter. I had multiple shots with this club where the smash factor was 1.5 or above. It's a rocket launcher.

OK, I guess that clears it up.

Ok, I've had my Bio Cel + for a month now and stats do not lie. Fairways hit are up 6.2% to 71%. Distance vs my G20 is up from 254 to 267!!! Today on consecutive holes, upwind and downwind I went 277 and 307

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats interesting is when I got to go out to Cobra some of the data they showed us was their testing vs the ZL's and the ball speed retention across the face on misses was improved. What works best works best though, no doubt.

If I interpret this correctly, what I hear you saying is that the ZL Encore is Cobra's benchmark, not last year's Amp Cell. Is that correct?

I've felt the ZL Encore was the best driver Cobra made recently. It's amazing the value that they still bring.

Back