So this just happened.
y7etagar.jpg
typyru8u.jpg

Sweet Cannondale, D! Looks to be a Quick?

Thats a pretty sweet looking bike D.

I think the official name is Big Boy. Got bigger tires, stem extender to be a little more upright until i want to go more aggressive, changed the grips to fit my big bear paws and the seat for my big bear ...

I think the official name is Big Boy. Got bigger tires, stem extender to be a little more upright until i want to go more aggressive, changed the grips to fit my big bear paws and the seat for my big bear ...

Bad Boy

Lol. Sorry, I was taking about me! Going to start training for a big ride next June. Scared about it, actually. Also gets me closer to two bucket list items: doing a food and wine cycling tour of Tuscany and riding down that volcano in Hawaii after watching sunrise.

Lol. Sorry, I was taking about me! Going to start training for a big ride next June. Scared about it, actually. Also gets me closer to two bucket list items: doing a food and wine cycling tour of Tuscany and riding down that volcano in Hawaii after watching sunrise.

Awesome that you are going to get out there and ride dude.

If you have any questions, hit me up!

I really appreciate that, WE. I will and keep everyone posted about progress.

Just riding around the block a few times made me happy, even if my slow speed maneuvering isn't quite what our used to be!

I really appreciate that, WE. I will and keep everyone posted about progress.

Just riding around the block a few times made me happy, even if my slow speed maneuvering isn't quite what our used to be!

Just remember the great quote from Greg Lemond... "It doesn't get easier, you just get faster."

Does anyone have any recommendations for clipless pedals? I need to get a pair and have no idea what's available nowadays (last time I bought was 20+ years ago lol!)

Does anyone have any recommendations for clipless pedals? I need to get a pair and have no idea what's available nowadays (last time I bought was 20+ years ago lol!)

I've been really partial to Look Keos. I used Shimano SPD SL pedals for years, but like the Keo setup a lot more. Good size platform and a way easier cleat to walk on.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I haven't bought tires in a while... any suggestions for a good quality road tire that won't break the bank? And where to buy?

I haven't bought tires in a while... any suggestions for a good quality road tire that won't break the bank? And where to buy?

Bike tires direct is usually pretty good if you don't have a good hookup through a local shop. I've been putting maxxis detonators on my wife's bike for the last couple of years. They hold up well and run around $30 if I remember right. I've been running continental gatorskins for the last 4 or 5 years. They're expensive, but they last forever, almost never puncture and they have an awesome feel. When I was racing and training a ton, I always ran Michelin Pro Race which felt incredible, but lasted about 1000 miles at best. The gatorskins give me most of that race tire feel but are bullet proof at the same time.

Continental Gatorskins. Worth every penny, too.

I love cycling and actually rebuild and refurbish vintage bicycles as a hobby. The wife is after me to downsize, but I still have about a half dozen or so around. Here's a couple of them: 1958 Raleigh Four Speed, 1950 Columbia balloon tire cruiser, and 1936 Schwinn Henderson balloon tire cruiser.

6.24.14+002.JPG

IMG_3030.JPG

IMG_1912.jpg

http://www.bikeshedva.blogspot.com/

I love cycling and actually rebuild and refurbish vintage bicycles as a hobby. The wife is after me to downsize, but I still have about a half dozen or so around. Here's a couple of them: 1958 Raleigh Four Speed, 1950 Columbia balloon tire cruiser, and 1936 Schwinn Henderson balloon tire cruiser.

6.24.14+002.JPG

IMG_3030.JPG

IMG_1912.jpg

Awesome stuff!

Really nice collection there!

6.24.14+002.JPG

IMG_3030.JPG

IMG_1912.jpg

I always forget about this thread. Another vote for gatorskins.

I think Speedplays have no equal, esp in ease of engaging them.

This time next week I will be in Vegas for InterBike.

Cant freaking wait.

Cycling has become a winter sport for me. Having a hard time finding time to practice golf. #firstworldproblems

Heading down to Santa Rosa, California for Levi's Gran Fondo tomorrow. Here's what the very hilly ride looks like.

levi-leipheimers-king-ridge-gran-fondo-profile.png

meyers-grade-mar-03-cr.jpg

Heading down to Santa Rosa, California for Levi's Gran Fondo tomorrow. Here's what the very hilly ride looks like.

levi-leipheimers-king-ridge-gran-fondo-profile.png

meyers-grade-mar-03-cr.jpg

Looks incredible!

I'm heading across Florida for a big ride, 220 miles in 2 days.

Back