Wilson Staff 8802 Putter Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great review, as usual, James! It definite put me into the ponder mode, especially when I saw the very reasonable $179.99 MSRP.

Such a nice looking putter. Wilson's killing it with the anniversary stuff. Great review, James.

Thanks guys!

Great review.

Really wish I could roll this style, love the simplistic shape.

Nice review Jman. Not something I would probably game, but would be sweet to have as a decoration piece in a man cave or something. Just stunning looking.

Some fantastic pics there James. I enjoyed the technical info on why the original was loved and what W/S did to modernize it.

Nice review. The 8802 was the first putter I bought back when I was 12 and I rolled it until I was 30. Still my favorite head design. I still have it and every winter I mess around with it on my practice putting area as I would love to still be able to roll it. I think the sweet spot is the size of the golf ball and mishits are punished severely.

Thanks guys!

Def about the size of a dime on the originals Haggis, in that regard not much has changed.

this is giving me flashbacks to 1986. Back then I was deadly with this putter. I would not game it now, but would like to have one just to have

One of these showed up at a local store, and I rolled it on their in-store green. I liked it a lot more than I thought I was going to. Super nice stick.

Great review! Definitely hope that I can find a store around me where I can give this a roll or two. I love the shape of this style of putter, so simplistic.

Has anyone seen one of these to try it out. I travel in the South and would love to check it out.
I love W/S stuff but their salesforce sure has troubles making inroads.

Back