What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a 44/42-86 at UNC Finley. Really frustrated with my play and the pressure I am putting on myself. I need to learn to relax a bit more.
Same here. Perhaps we need a couple shots before we tee off :)

Kellogg Golf Course
Peoria, Illinois
6400 Yards
40/41 = 81

14 putts for birdies today (11 on the green 3 from the fringe)

I finished with...

1 birdie
4 three-putts
1 four-putt

I might as well have been putting with a piece of pipe. It couldn't have been any worse.

Last edited:
Shot an 87 at Pasatiempo it was a great experience the conditions were dry and fast but it was great

BoqTpKH.jpg

91 at The Legacy from 6300. Could have been a PB too because I left at least 8 strokes out there by my count due to poor wedge play. Really struggled from 20y and in and the bunkers were wet sand and I could not figure them out. Almost think I need to chip out of that instead of blast?

But a ton of positives out of this round. 64% FIR is great for me. No three putts all round. I also had a great punch shot dead into the wind that worked out perfectly and led to a par on 14 which I had never done better than bogey before.

41 stableford points at my home course's monthly trophy (over 18 holes). And yes, it was good for a first place / winner of the trophy for the month July :D . Now qualified for the end-season Masters.

Handicap will drop from 27,8 to 25,5 :D

34 points so just in my buffer zone, hard & fast greens along with firm fairways meant you had to land well short of the greens or you fired through them, some nasty bounces which cost me and 1 silly hole I was birdie putting from just off the green and came away with a double bogey :banghead:

Lots of good points though from the round, only had 1 blob and finished with the same ball and with our fairways being so tight and the straw is high and brutal, that really is an achievement at the moment :D

First round in a couple of weeks. Went 43-39 for an 82.

A disappointing 86, although that was a nett level par for my handicap so I shouldn't really be too unhappy, but I dropped at least 4 silly shots so the round had potential to be a lot better

I guess it says something when you are disappointed with a nett level par round....

77 with a triple on the first hole..... 4 birdies and 31 putts. Too many nonsense bogeys. Glad to get out though.

From The HTC One Blue!

80 on the old muni I grew up playing. Pretty easy course so I take it for what it's worth. Bogeyed the first 13 holes, finished par, birdie par, par, birdie. Driver was real good, irons were terrible...again.

Thought we were going to get rained out this morning, but the storms never hit....shot a personal best (in season) 74 on the Red at Bethpage (Par 70 6555yds), 37 37 74, 5 bogies, 1 bird 79% FIR, 50% GIR, 31 putts....solid paying from start to finish, lipped out a 6ft on 18 that would have given me a 73....what a great day!

I'm not even going to post what I shot today....let's just say I gave away 11 shots on my short game. Very disappointing day

35 - 39 -74. First 8 holes 2 under, last 11 holes 4 over. Hit a lot of good iron shots all day. Putts fell on the front nine, burned the edges on the back. Still struggling off the tee though.

38/38 for 76. Very pleased with this as a followup round after a personal best. Typically its hard for me to follow a real low score with another. 9/14 FWY, 8/18 GIR, 18/18 GIRP, 30 putts with two 3-putts. 3 birdies, 8 pars, 7 bogies. 1 sand save, no penalties. Only discouraging thing was missing two 4 footers. Should have been no 3 putts and a 74.

Index trending to 6.9 now.

38/38 for 76. Very pleased with this as a followup round after a personal best. Typically its hard for me to follow a real low score with another. 9/14 FWY, 8/18 GIR, 18/18 GIRP, 30 putts with two 3-putts. 3 birdies, 8 pars, 7 bogies. 1 sand save, no penalties. Only discouraging thing was missing two 4 footers. Should have been no 3 putts and a 74.

Index trending to 6.9 now.
Well done sir!

Shot a 94 today, and played beyond terrible. Cant complain too much as last year i would be well over 100 on my bad days.

Shot an 92 which is amazing for the way I played a few holes. Drove the ball & rolled the putter pretty well but had some trouble from the fairway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shot 49/45 for a 94. Started out 1 over after 3 then I started hooking and had 5 penalty strokes on the next 6 holes.

Back 9 was better except for two triples and 4 more pentalty strokes on those two holes.

But for my first round in almost 6 weeks, I wasn't horribly disappointed.

The knee " held up" gives me trouble going up and down hills.

40/40 for an 80... Started out a little rough going +4 after the first 4 holes but proceeded to go E for the next 8 holes.. Had a late double bogey when I got cute on an approach shot and it backfired on me.

Overall was really pleased with my ball striking and was really loving the command I had on both my 3 and 5 woods.

Nice finish on 18, getting on the green in 2 and two putting for a birdie. Had a couple of really good looks at birdie throughout the round so I was happy to close one out.

The swing changes are getting there, but I think the next lesson may be working on my chipping. Lack of focus on chipping lately has left me struggling a bit with my touch around the green.

78 today. Ball striking is best it's ever been. My short game let me down today which is usually my strongest point but with limited play this year that has been the area that has been a little off.

Shot 49/45 for a 94. Started out 1 over after 3 then I started hooking and had 5 penalty strokes on the next 6 holes.

Back 9 was better except for two triples and 4 more pentalty strokes on those two holes.

But for my first round in almost 6 weeks, I wasn't horribly disappointed.

The knee " held up" gives me trouble going up and down hills.

Side hill lies are hell too. :at-wits-end: The biggest issue overall for me with having gone through the knee thing and now going through it again, is staying in your spine tilt. When I keep my spine tilt properlyt, I strike my irons so well. The problem being it's near impossible with the bum knee/knees to stay in a good position.

Take care of yourself big guy and keep me informed on how your journey goes with your upcoming surgery!

Congrats on the new PB Scott Cali, well done.

40/40 for an 80... Started out a little rough going +4 after the first 4 holes but proceeded to go E for the next 8 holes.. Had a late double bogey when I got cute on an approach shot and it backfired on me.

Overall was really pleased with my ball striking and was really loving the command I had on both my 3 and 5 woods.

Nice finish on 18, getting on the green in 2 and two putting for a birdie. Had a couple of really good looks at birdie throughout the round so I was happy to close one out.

The swing changes are getting there, but I think the next lesson may be working on my chipping. Lack of focus on chipping lately has left me struggling a bit with my touch around the green.

Nice shooting, Aaron!

I, on the other hand, was awful. Emphasis on awful. Did I say awful yet?

When the scorekeeper told me I shot 55 on the front nine, I was both revolted and and amazed. Amazed that I had actually broken 60, as there was not one shot that was anywhere near well struck. I put my driver away for the day and semi rebounded with a 47 on the back nine.

it seems that, all year, if I drive well either my irons or short game stinks. And if my irons are good i can't get off the tee. Really frustrating. I swore today that I am not spending another dollar on golf until I get some lessons.

Nice shooting, Aaron!

I, on the other hand, was awful. Emphasis on awful. Did I say awful yet?

When the scorekeeper told me I shot 55 on the front nine, I was both revolted and and amazed. Amazed that I had actually broken 60, as there was not one shot that was anywhere near well struck. I put my driver away for the day and semi rebounded with a 47 on the back nine.

it seems that, all year, if I drive well either my irons or short game stinks. And if my irons are good i can't get off the tee. Really frustrating. I swore today that I am not spending another dollar on golf until I get some lessons.
I know that feeling all to well and sorry you are there right now. You setting up lessons with Jim Muszak?

Hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back