Callaway Mack Daddy 2 vs Titleist Vokey SM5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer Cleveland wedges over other brands. One of my buddies who is in the industry doesn't like either brand as well. Cleveland RTX wedges have bigger groves which will help with spin and if there is debris in the grooves will help get more of the face on the ball again helping with spin. With all that said its about how the club looks and feels in you hand. I recommend going somewhere that will let you demo them off grass, around a green and see what feels best

Ok. Forged feels "different" than cast. Not sure how people can deny this. I have always played Vokey wedges. Wanted to like the MDs but prefer lower bounce.....

A lot of people deny this.

The amount of grind options are very nice with Vokey wedges. Although I think the MD2 offers similar.

I'm trying to figure out why the OP talked about shaft length differences between the 2 clubs. At most, it's a 1/4 inch difference which is practically nothing, and certainly wouldn't make a huge difference in carry distance. That argument isn't even in the same ballpark as shaft length differences in drivers.

I'm trying to figure out why the OP talked about shaft length differences between the 2 clubs. At most, it's a 1/4 inch difference which is practically nothing, and certainly wouldn't make a huge difference in carry distance. That argument isn't even in the same ballpark as shaft length differences in drivers.

Or Japanese sweatshops.

52* - sm5 is longer than md2
56* - both have the same length
60* - md2 is longer than sm5

I tried 52* the other day. I was just applying the basic of physics. The longer the radius, the greater the force.

Even in drivers the distance gained isn't as huge as many people think.

52* - sm5 is longer than md2
56* - both have the same length
60* - md2 is longer than sm5

I tried 52* the other day. I was just applying the basic of physics. The longer the radius, the greater the force.

But it's a freaking wedge. I don't care that I can hit one wedge 5 yards further than another one, I want to have consistent distances with my wedges.

FWIW, I've hit both wedges, prefer the shape and performance of the SM5 over the MD2 Tour Grind.

But it's a freaking wedge. I don't care that I can hit one wedge 5 yards further than another one, I want to have consistent distances with my wedges.

FWIW, I've hit both wedges, prefer the shape and performance of the SM5 over the MD2 Tour Grind.

An extra roll matters.

An extra roll matters.
If you getting roll from wedges from fairway you are doing it wrong. That is to say unless you playing a US open set up course.

I think I see where this thread is going. Getting troll worthy

I play a md2 50 and sm5 54 and 60. Since I practice my a$$ off with all three I would say they are both great. I can hit my spots with both. Get what works for you!!!!

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor!

Oh OK longer shafts will make my putter distance a roll longer. Check.

That is why Adam Scott uses a 49" shaft on his putter.

Since this thread has turned to this, I am going to lock it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back