Playing W/ THPers - It's Just That Much Better

Played 18 with that Canadan fella in the pouring down rain. A good time nonetheless like always

Next weekend I get to play with THP'ers saturday and sunday, I cant wait going to be a blast

Had a blast today with Skibum, Wongstongs, and Jaysfan. We played a firm and fast course in 30-40mph winds which was a crazy challenge.

Had a blast today with Skibum, Wongstongs, and Jaysfan. We played a firm and fast course in 30-40mph winds which was a crazy challenge.

It was a great time man. Brutal conditions - can barely remember the last time I played in a gale like that - but the company was most excellent. Layout was pretty close to a true links, with firm fast conditions and lots of undulation and pot bunkers, but with the addition of quite a bit of water. Real fun matchplay fourball, with a win for the "bad guys" and a tasty lunch on the patio afterwards!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

It was a great time man. Brutal conditions - can barely remember the last time I played in a gale like that - but the company was most excellent. Layout was pretty close to a true links, with firm fast conditions and lots of undulation and pot bunkers, but with the addition of quite a bit of water. Real fun matchplay fourball, with a win for the "bad guys" and a tasty lunch on the patio afterwards!

Glad you guys enjoyed it out there, in spite of the weather. Hopefully next time I can join you guys!

Glad you guys enjoyed it out there, in spite of the weather. Hopefully next time I can join you guys!

Hoping so man! We need to play again soon bud, it's been a little while.

Got the chance to play with Numero Uno for #thedeuce yesterday...aka Lord Byron. What a great person to play golf with! The Basement Dwellers are going to be rock solid if they end up with more golfers like Byron. He was the definition of a grinder yesterday. He hit his fair share of bad shots, but hit more than enough great shots to make up for it. There were a few times where I thought double bogey would be the best he would do on a hole and then he would do something like hole out from 60 yards for bogey, or stick a wedge inside 4 feet and make that bogey putt. He said when we started the round that he would play 3 holes really well and the rest would be kind of "blah", and that's exactly what he did. Although, his "blah" is better than most people's good. He shot an 89 that could have easily turned into a 100, but he never got frustrated and just hit golf shots. He also ended up winning our game of baseball.

This was the second time I had golfed with a THPer I was meeting for the first time and I'm so glad we had the chance to play. Captain #Cookie has a solid player with Byron. Excellent putter, really good iron player and amazing sense of humor. The only time I've laughed that much on a golf course was when Golfer Best and I played with Donne outside of Atlanta. Really looking forward to getting more rounds in with Byron and glad that I made a new friend yesterday!

It was great to meet you in the flesh Adam. I can't remember a time when I hit the ball that poorly and had as much fun as we did. When Adam says I hit my fair share of bad shots... He is being kind! I could not get off the tee, one time literally, with the help of a tree (made bogey :)). I didn't hit a fairway till I pulled 3 wood on #11 (i think).

Adam is looking like stiff competition for the MC. He hit a lot of dead solid golf shots. He got up and down from a absolute trash can once and had a look on his face like he does it every day. I think I was more excited than. He was...ha. I can't wait to follow all of you guys!

Looking forward to getting competitive with myself again, excited to have such a catalyst for improvement in front of me.

Looking forward to getting out with you again soon!

Byron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol! I forgot about the tee shot that hit the tree and end up on the forward tees! That was the second best bogey you had all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a vid we shot yesterday during our windy round of golf. It was going to be our Hole of the Day but our balls ended up all over the place so it wouldn't have worked very well.
Sorry Jaysfan for talking right as you were about to swing...that wasn't cool.

Here's a vid we shot yesterday during our windy round of golf. It was going to be our Hole of the Day but our balls ended up all over the place so it wouldn't have worked very well.

No problem at all Curtis, after watching the video all my practice and things I have been trying to fix didnt show up. Guess the high winds scared...next match we will all be straight down the middle

No problem at all Curtis, after watching the video all my practice and things I have been trying to fix didnt show up. Guess the high winds scared...next match we will all be straight down the middle
I reverted back to my old swing yesterday and combined it with my new grip...bad news.

But I've never had so much fun while playing like crap, honestly.

I reverted back to my old swing yesterday and combined it with my new grip...bad news.

But I've never had so much fun while playing like crap, honestly.
Yeah my old moving lot during and after the swing and too muh hand avtion came back yesterday.
Same here, awesome track awesome people= one heck of a time.

I will accept any and all enthusiastic applause for being the only one to split the fairway on this hole :alien:

Wish we had video of the approach shots here, because there were a few ridiculous ones. The approach is all carry with water everywhere but long, and that day was into the teeth of a 4 club wind. I had 145 yards or so and I hit a 3 hybrid that was pin high just right of the green : bulgy-eyes: Wongstongs managed to get his ball into the greenside bunker from all the way on the wrong side of the hazard (pretty much a miracle from over there), and Army had a sidehill lie after the drive and managed to get that bad boy just short of the green but dry. Came down to a putt off between me and Wongs, and I buried a 15 or 20 footer for par to win the hole. It was definitely an intense hole!

Had a great time playing with Hawk once again, even though the cart lady iced him twice! :clap:

I will accept any and all enthusiastic applause for being the only one to split the fairway on this hole :alien:

Wish we had video of the approach shots here, because there were a few ridiculous ones. The approach is all carry with water everywhere but long, and that day was into the teeth of a 4 club wind. I had 145 yards or so and I hit a 3 hybrid that was pin high just right of the green : bulgy-eyes: Wongstongs managed to get his ball into the greenside bunker from all the way on the wrong side of the hazard (pretty much a miracle from over there), and Army had a sidehill lie after the drive and managed to get that bad boy just short of the green but dry. Came down to a putt off between me and Wongs, and I buried a 15 or 20 footer for par to win the hole. It was definitely an intense hole!

There were some fantastic shots for the weather conditions we were playing in!

True story. You hit a couple of serious bombs with that G15 man, even into the wind. And getting home from the other side of that hazard was pretty damn insane haha

Get to tee it up with close to 50 THPers this week WOOT!

I paused the video at the top of your backswing...holy crap dude is that some serious wind up haha.

Had a great time playing with Hawk once again, even though the cart lady iced him twice!

It was a good time like always sir!

As for the cart lady, well I can't really say here what I'm thinking. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Teed it up with dhartmann34 in what is becoming a relatively typical every other week round at his course. Enjoyed it, as usual, but it was even better that drp3434 was able to get out and join us as well. It was good to have you out there, Danny. You and I didn't score too well, but it was fun none-the-less.

Teed it up with dhartmann34 in what is becoming a relatively typical every other week round at his course. Enjoyed it, as usual, but it was even better that drp3434 was able to get out and join us as well. It was good to have you out there, Danny. You and I didn't score too well, but it was fun none-the-less.
That it was! Man it got pretty sticky! Just glad I was able to salvage something on 18 :D

Got in a round today with GolfinFF and had a great time. First chance to play a round with him and looking forward to next time we can tee it up.

mu3aje2u.jpg

Glad u fellas had a good time

Back