Callaway X-Cage Pro and Vibe Shoes

Contemplating the Vibe. Can anyone chime in on width. Only available in standard. I am borderline wide. How does sizing compare to Adidas (I find run small) may go 11.5 and try usually works. Can't find them retail to try on yet.

I entered Cally's contest to test a pair of these but unfortunately wasn't picked. However, as a consolation they gave me a 30 percent off coupon, I think I will have me a pair of these soon!

Contemplating the Vibe. Can anyone chime in on width. Only available in standard. I am borderline wide. How does sizing compare to Adidas (I find run small) may go 11.5 and try usually works. Can't find them retail to try on yet.

I can tell you the Pro was a little tight in the toe area for me. Not FJ tight, but snug.

I don't have the vibes (yet), just the pros, but they fit well with my wide foot, similar to nikes for me. Like Hawk said, maybe a tad smaller in the toe area, but I fit right into my size and broke them in incredibly fast. I'd expect the vibes to be similar to the Del Mars, which are the one of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn and fit my wide foot real well.

I can tell you the Pro was a little tight in the toe area for me. Not FJ tight, but snug.

I would 2nd this. The toe area is a tight fit, but the rest of the fit has been good for my flat wide feet (I picked up an 11 whereas I can usually get away with a 10.5 W).

I would 2nd this. The toe area is a tight fit, but the rest of the fit has been good for my flat wide feet (I picked up an 11 whereas I can usually get away with a 10.5 W).
Thanks, I'll go with 11.5 then as I usually go 11w

Any more opinions or experience with fitting the Vibe? Are they Adidas tight in the forefoot area, or just 'stretchable' snug? I think I'm pulling the trigger and don't wanna blow it.

How has the long term wear been on these for you all?

Loved the X cage vibe shoes they gave us for #thpmc. Comfortable all weekend, lightweight, very waterproof (including getting right up to the laces in water to recover a ball) and really nice to look at. I really like the combination of modern elements and light sole with a more traditional shape, especially the more pointed toe box. Definitely bucks the trend of spikeless shoes looking more like loafers or skate shoes.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Most comfortable shoe I have ever worn. We played in some really wet conditions and I didn't slip once. All but one of my 5+ rounds were cart path only and my feet don't hurt at all. Just a really solid and comfortable shoe.

Most comfortable shoe I have ever worn. We played in some really wet conditions and I didn't slip once. All but one of my 5+ rounds were cart path only and my feet don't hurt at all. Just a really solid and comfortable shoe.

Completely agree. I was blown away by these shoes.

I was nervous when I saw that they were spikeless, but they gripped fantastically. I tend to have a lot of foot "action" during my swing, and I wasn't the only person to think that these shoes wouldn't be a good fit for me. But my feet never slipped the entire weekend, even though conditions were often wet.

The shoes are also very comfortable. Like a pair of broken in sneakers from the time I first put the on. These will be my gamers for the foreseeable future.

I'm thoroughly impressed with these shoes. They'll be my usual gamers from here on out.

The vibrums are comfortable right out of the box. Sneaker feel with great traction. I never thought that I would wear spikeless shoes, but these are fantastic.

I'm impressed also. I usually wear a wide, and wide options are limited across many brands. Callaway gave me the 13 regular width, and over the three rounds at the MC, and nine more holes Thursday, I have had zero issues. I haven't tried to walk nine in them yet, but these are a whole lot better for me than the Del Mars were.

I will have a pair of these eventually.

I will have a pair of these eventually.
I want a pair just to wear as my sneakers. So freaking comfortable

I've been wearing the Pros for every golf related activity since the MC and they are broke in and feeling good. Something about Cally spikes in that I always need a good break in period, but afterwards they become like a glove for me.

The vibes have seriously become my goto shoes. Never thought that would happen.

I need to get new spikes for the pros. They are starting to slip a little but. But the vibes just hold their traction.

I will start stockpiling these if/when prices start to drop.

Also -- if # is reading this, here's my suggestion:

Croc pattern with vibe soles. Call them "The Clive"

You're welcome.

What's the difference for you between Pro and Vibe?

Vibes feel more comfortable right out of the box. Very sneaker like feel, which I really like.

The tread pattern on the vibes is also quite different. Not just more spikes/nubs, but they seem sharper than those on the pros.

You would think that the pros would provide better traction than the vibes, but I have experience the exact opposite reaction. The traction on the vibes is tremendous.

I never thought that I would enjoy spikeless shoes, but the vibes are phenomenal. (Don't get me wrong, the pros are excellent as well. Just need a little break in period for comfort.)

Shoot. I may toss them on my birthday list. Then again, I'm approaching Seth old and I don't get birthday presents any more. May need to just wait for a sale.

Pretty soon, I'll only be looking for shoes with Velcro straps.

Love the Vibes. More comfortable for talking than my M-Projects, the grip is exceptional, and they're highly waterproof. Also, they clean easily. A little windex, and they're good to go.

Back