2014 #TheGrandaddy - The Event Of A Lifetime

I have a crazy feeling that contest number 2 will start very soon......

Just a hunch.

Hope you boys are ready to put forth those best entries, spoke with quite a few THP'ers about this over the last few days and let's just say that they are hungry.....even some of the 2013 Grandaddy participants.

Team #BasementDwellers is about to grow!
Bring it on Captain!!!

Just a hunch.

Hope you boys are ready to put forth those best entries, spoke with quite a few THP'ers about this over the last few days and let's just say that they are hungry.....even some of the 2013 Grandaddy participants.

Oh you better believe I am ready. I woke up this morning upset not having a practice schedule to look at, until I rolled over and saw my #dos practice schedule.

Bring on #2 contest!

Just a hunch.

Hungry is an understatement. I want to join your team, Ace!

Oh you better believe I am ready. I woke up this morning upset not having a practice schedule to look at, until I rolled over and saw my #dos practice schedule.

Bring on #2 contest!

I'd be lying if I said this wasn't on my radar. You'd be a killer out there if you were selected, based on what I saw this weekend. Just watch out for those holes where guys get a stroke. Maybe you should go backwards a bit so that's minimal and then remember how to play come the event :alien:

I'd be lying if I said this wasn't on my radar. You'd be a killer out there if you were selected, based on what I saw this weekend. Just watch out for those holes where guys get a stroke. Maybe you should go backwards a bit so that's minimal and then remember how to play come the event :alien:

Thanks for the compliment. Actually this week and next were the weeks I evaluate my play from MC, relax, and get back to it in a week!

Likewise to u as well.

After witnessing this past weekend firsthand and seeing that hole in one I can't begin to describe how badly I want in the #Dos. Watching from afar on a thread just won't cut it. I'm gonna put everything I've got into the contests and will put everything I've got into prep for the event if I can get one of the remaining spots.

Capt Cookie is fired up, make no mistake, and the #basementdwellers are ready to storm Carlsbad!!
Carlsbad will never be the same. There will be enough water from #ZooCrew tears to combat any wildfire or drought they see in the future.

I eat, sleep and breathe me some Grandaddy action! It's on my mind 24x7x365!

2ba30030-6a92-4e9a-83da-0c4561e1f888_zpsd70b23d6.png

I've been anxiously awaiting the second contest.

I really want to go to Cali this winter and close out 2014 with a win for THP.

I didn't have a Grandaddy when I was growing up. I couldn't think of a better way to meet Dos of them.

I am excited for the next contest to be announced! I have been on such a high since winning the first one... but the basement is a little lonely. I am ready to move over on the couch and make room for another teammate! :waiting:

If there is one thing I have learned from following along the Morgan Cup this past week it is that I miss competitive golf. More specifically, competitive THP golf. I thought I could step away from it after my daughter was born and take a break from it, but I miss it and my wife can tell I miss it. As I was showing her the Cookie ace video and some of the photos she asked me why I didn't enter this year and I explained I did it for her and our daughter, Ryler so I could spend more time at home with them. She said she could tell this weekend that I was kind of down, and she asked if there was anything else I could try to get in to this year. My statement started with: "wellllllll...there is this big event called The Granddaddy..." and it went on from there. Long story short she told me to go for it and she would be behind me 100%, so it looks like I'll be throwing my name in the hat for the Granddaddy this year. Looking forward to giving it my all and trying to get it, but like everyone else knows there is some stiff competition for all THP events when it comes to contests, so worst case scenario I will just be working on my game to compete in the 2015 Invitationals. Either way its a win/win, but I cant sit back and watch other THPers compete without me in the mix.

Last edited:
I'm cool with anyone other than ATL getting it. The dancing and his jive talk made me want to hurt myself. Lol. JerseyNate knows what I'm talking about

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

You know I'm coming hard for this one. Especially after what I saw this weekend.

If there is one thing I have learned from following along the Morgan Cup this past week it is that I miss competitive golf. More specifically, competitive THP golf. I thought I could step away from it after my daughter was born and take a break from it, but I miss it and my wife can tell I miss it. As I was showing her the Cookie ace video and some of the photos she asked me why I didn't enter this year and I explained I did it for her and our daughter, Ryler so I could spend more time at home with them. She said she could tell this weekend that I was kind of down, and she asked if there was anything else I could try to get in to this year. My statement started with: "wellllllll...there is this big event called The Granddaddy..." and it went on from there. Long story short she told me to go for it and she would be behind me 100%, so it looks like I'll be throwing my name in the hat for the Granddaddy this year. Looking forward to giving it my all and trying to get it, but like everyone else knows there is some stiff competition for all THP events when it comes to contests, so worst case scenario I will just be working on my game to compete in the 2015 Invitationals. Either way its a win/win, but I cant sit back and watch other THPers compete without me in the mix.
I know exactly what you mean when it comes to competitive THP golf, there isn't a replacement for a THP event with some form of competition. Once you get a taste of it, all you want is to be right back in the thick of it again!

Kudos to your wife. I understand how awesome of a feeling it is to have the spouse support when it comes to THP. It took me going to my first official THP event, Indy, for her to realize how much THP meant to me. She saw it in my face when I got home. She did the same thing and asked about any other events I could join. And once she saw all the pictures and vines from the MC, she asked if I was gonna try in get into it next year. After explaining to her that the MC is gone, she said well try to get into another event! And this is also with her being awesome about #PersonalDistance this fall. I will be joining you in the journey to get into #TheDos and I wish you luck!

Playing in the tournament this last weekend and placing 4th really got my juices flowing even more for #TheGrandaddy.
All the range work and rounds I have been putting in are showing up in my game improvement.
I know the next entry contest is coming soon, but the anticipation is ramping up every minute.

Guessing we'll start getting some Grandadday contests fired up now that the Morgan Cup has ended. Looking forward to the 2nd contest!

Let's get it on.....with the 2nd contest!

Heard a rumor about another contest?
Sounds like a good idea. Need a bit to get some things situated (puppy surgery) and then we will be launching it.

Best rumor ever.

I like rumors!

Keep those rumors coming!!

From The HTC One Blue!

Back