The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mass Pike - perfect for when you want to take that 1 hr 45 minute drive, and turn it into over 3 hours. On a Sunday afternoon. With no accidents or construction to cause it.

Good thing when I get home it will be 2 am and there won't be any haha

Good thing when I get home it will be 2 am and there won't be any haha

Be safe driving home!

We hit it headed out to Ludlow yesterday in multiple spots, today it was a parking lot from Palmer until well past Charlton. At 4pm. Unbelievable.

Be safe driving home!

We hit it headed out to Ludlow yesterday in multiple spots, today it was a parking lot from Palmer until well past Charlton. At 4pm. Unbelievable.

Gross dude. Sorry to hear that.

Used to it, to be honest :) We head out every few months to visit my grandparents out in Three Rivers. Today was just even worse than we're used to.

Understood- still doesn't suck any less

Quick update: I am back from the hospital in Valdosta. My step mom was in rough shape. She recognized me, but didn't make sense in almost anything she said. She was confused, and a totally different person the whole time. She had multiple seizures. I don't want to drone on and on, but suffice it to say, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were very scary, and her diagnosis is still somewhat up in the air, though we believe she may have a small brain tumor as a result of metastasis, so small that imaging can't confirm exactly what it is. In the middle of the night (3 AM on Friday morning) she tried to get out of bed, fell and hit her head. Luckily, a gash was the only damage. On Saturday morning her symptoms hadn't changed much, but she was in a less critical state, so they moved her out of ICU. Jamie and I finally left on Saturday afternoon, and on Saturday night, she had a huge breakthrough. Was MUCH more together and with it. Yesterday I was even able to talk to her on the phone. She doesn't always makes sense, but was much more with it. They think they can get out of the hospital and make the drive home to Florida this afternoon. However, we now know that this can pop up at any time, so everything has pretty much changed for our family.

I am very thankful for all the thoughts and prayers. We are a long way from "normal" but are thankful for the improvements we have seen.

NOW FOR MY RANT: Rude people. The ICU had a waiting room outside the doors, and once you got buzzed in, there was another more quiet and somber waiting room. It seemed it was the only peaceful place in the entire hospital. We tried to limit our number of people in the actual hospital room, so this room was a nice little place to talk quietly, read, etc. A family came in, and most of them were quiet and respectful. Then there were the two young girls, probably both 18-21 years old. One girl started loudly watching videos on her phone, including videos of people shouting foul language repeatedly. She was then watching some rap videos that were pretty explicit, and it was LOUD. At 3:00, she got up, turned on the TV, and started blaring the Maury Povich Show, and yes, it was one of those "You are NOT the father!" episodes. Finally, after about 10 minutes of this, I just left. I didn't feel like making a scene, and this girl clearly was trying to dare anyone to say anything to her. I came back later, and she had left the room (but with the TV still blaring). The TV mysteriously got unplugged, and the batteries to the remote disappeared.

Continued thoughts going out to you and your family Erky.

As for the inconsiderate young girl, you showed much more restraint than I probably could have mustered.

Unreal that some people aren't aware of tier surroundings and think only of themselves.

Thoughts and prayers headed your way Erky. Hoping for the best.

The Official Rant of the Day

This Rant goes out to the stupidity of some people in my wives family.

MY FIL has one side of his family that calling worthless would probably be a compliment. After the FIL passed away they took over the house like it was a compound and in the last 36 hours we have witnessed drug deals, stealing of property and some other stuff. The FIL didn't have a will so we are meeting with an attorney this AM to try and figure some things out as the next of kin would be 4 people.... 2 sane ones and 2 that look like they should be starring as guest on Honey Boo Boo. It just sucks that in a time when my wife should just be mourning and celebrating the life of her father that she and the sane people have to deal with stuff like this

Such a sad situation Kyle. Hope it gets resolved quickly.

Sorry to hear you have to deal with drama at this time Kyle.

Kyle, that is pretty sad.
I hope that nonsense gets sorted out quickly.

Sorry to hear that Kyle. Continued thoughts and prayers to your wife and family.

Sorry to hear that man. That's awful to have to deal with.

It's really sad how death can bring out the worst in family. This is a time they should be supporting each other, not looking out for theirselves.

So sorry for your wife and you, to have to deal with such crap.

That's rough Kyle, hoping the attorney can bring some saneness to the process and get things headed in the right direction.

Sadly but not surprisingly, this happens way more often than you'd think. It's the Self-Entitlement Generation

This Rant goes out to the stupidity of some people in my wives family.

MY FIL has one side of his family that calling worthless would probably be a compliment. After the FIL passed away they took over the house like it was a compound and in the last 36 hours we have witnessed drug deals, stealing of property and some other stuff. The FIL didn't have a will so we are meeting with an attorney this AM to try and figure some things out as the next of kin would be 4 people.... 2 sane ones and 2 that look like they should be starring as guest on Honey Boo Boo. It just sucks that in a time when my wife should just be mourning and celebrating the life of her father that she and the sane people have to deal with stuff like this

Sorry Kyle.....she's lucky to have you by her side in all this, as unpleasant as it all seems. Don't let them drag you and her down.

My stubbornness.
My stupidity.
My seeming inability to do the right thing, and make a poor situation tolerable.

I just need a big rock to hide under.
To roll over me.
To beat my head against.

Or all of the above.

Today (and probably more) won't be a good day....

Sadly but not surprisingly, this happens way more often than you'd think. It's the Self-Entitlement Generation
It's also the result of people not having a will.

Im very sorry that you and your wife are going through this, Flog.

That's awful Kyle. Be her rock and help keep her together through all this.

Kyle - your wife is lucky to have you by her side going through this. Best wishes to you guys as you deal with this.

This isn't really a rant because it means nothing in the grand scheme of things but this has been such a frustrating year to get a foursome together.

This isn't really a rant because it means nothing in the grand scheme of things but this has been such a frustrating year to get a foursome together.

I know exactly how you feel. Even for me its a struggle to get a two-some or anything more.

Travelling, other obligations, and then when I am around other people are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back