Lamkin UTx Grips Review

The one UTx I tried months ago sort of ticked me off since it didn't seat right and I almost gave up on them. Luckily, gave them another shot over the weekend. Fantastic grip if you play in humidity or rain. Never had one issue with slipping and even with all the swinging I did my hands are still in fine shape. Hopefully we see more colors this coming year.

Put one on my driver and like the tacky yet soft feel of it. But still prefer NDMC over them on all my other clubs.

Played in the rain with these on Sunday, I might need to get them on the rest of my clubs. Gave me the best grip and didn't have to towel them down as much as my other ones.

I agree with Hawk on the colors, heck I still want the green and yellow masters ones.

These are on my Apex and I got NDMC's on my Bios for the MC and to be honest I think I like the UTx just a touch more feel wise. But they really are my two favorites.

Put one of these on one of my driver shafts a couple of weeks ago. I really like it. Not quite as harsh on the hands and the golf pride cord on their grips and really didn't notice any loss of traction in the heat and humidity as compared the the GP cord grips. May be putting these on all clubs next year when re-gripping time rolls around.

Put one of these on one of my driver shafts a couple of weeks ago. I really like it. Not quite as harsh on the hands and the golf pride cord on their grips and really didn't notice any loss of traction in the heat and humidity as compared the the GP cord grips. May be putting these on all clubs next year when re-gripping time rolls around.

I'm kicking myself for not jumping on the buy one get one deal they ran, but things are tight right now sadly. I'll say what hawk reiterated, these were awesome in that SC humidity in my practice round with the apex.

I'm kicking myself for not jumping on the buy one get one deal they ran, but things are tight right now sadly. I'll say what hawk reiterated, these were awesome in that SC humidity in my practice round with the apex.

I also regret not taking advantage of that deal. Figured I would be getting new sticks next year before re-gripping is due and I will order these or NDMC on them.

I will not, by choice, use another grip on my irons. I just won't.

Moving from and then back to these with the Apex back in the bag makes me realize how much a freaking adore them. The perfect blend of cord, and not.

Moving from and then back to these with the Apex back in the bag makes me realize how much a freaking adore them. The perfect blend of cord, and not.

Just put them on my irons on Monday. They are absolutely incredible

Just put them on my irons on Monday. They are absolutely incredible

I would literally cut someone for the green/yellow masters ones they did this year.

Really great grips, they are. I have a set waiting to be put on as soon as the weather gets wet around here, as they will be a godsend during that kind of weather.

I would literally cut someone for the green/yellow masters ones they did this year.

I like that Enthusiasm

I have yet to try mine they are still in a box waiting for the NDMC to wear out

e2ama5un.jpg

That, is pure awesome.

Any idea if these will ever be made in an undersize version? Asking for a friend who has carni hands....

Well never mind, the pic is gone. Let's try this....

e2ama5un_zps830baf01.jpg

Pete, I don't know if we will see undersize because of the layering process in these. Maybe?

Well never mind, the pic is gone. Let's try this....

e2ama5un_zps830baf01.jpg

Pete, I don't know if we will see undersize because of the layering process in these. Maybe?
I'd buy those in a second. Even if they came in JUMBO only.

Honestly...I'm not sure how much grip size matters for me. I alternate between standard and undersize between my irons and woods--and don't feel a noticeable difference.

Just incase you were wondering.....

The fact that they were able to make a solid color (red) for the Srixon clubs makes me wonder why the hell they have the weird colors they do aftermarket. Fix it Lamkin.

The fact that they were able to make a solid color (red) for the Srixon clubs makes me wonder why the hell they have the weird colors they do aftermarket. Fix it Lamkin.

I thought the same thing. Green ones with a white top (without that baby blue butt) and I'd be all over them. Still love mine right now.

I thought the same thing. Green ones with a white top (without that baby blue butt) and I'd be all over them. Still love mine right now.

Seems so simple and logical to me. Some of the same colors as the REL line.

you all are crazy. Tie-dye grips FTW

Shut up hippie.

that's it, I'm regripping all my clubs with these prior to PGA National. Where you aren't allowed to ditch me. Just going to force you to deal with my hippie ways.

#TieDyeforAll

Back