Lamkin UTx Grips Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP in depth review of the new UTx grips by Lamkin. Check out the full review here.

http://bit.ly/1h4Skp2

Jman with another great review. I'm a huge fan of the 3gen line. I will be trying these out at some point this season. Thanks buddy!

Another great review completed. Not a big fan of the colored grips with this one...definitely interested in trying out the black ones.

Good read, and I will definitely be getting these grips. Just the looks alone makes me want them. The red.

nice job buddy. I know we were both really intrigued by these at the show. glad to see they lived up to our excitement levels. They certainly packed some tech in to these grips.

Nice review! I was pondering these for a short while until I realized they have a rougher feel than the REL 3 Gen, or more closely feel like cord grips. I love their look!!!

Nice review! I think I'm in the camp of people who think the color is a bit to much for the red blue combo. Tech sounds worth giving a swing for sure.

Fantastic review James. Dare I say I’m having a tough time between throwing these on or keeping my RELs. Love what Lamkin is doing right now in the grip market. I hope people that don't like the look can see past it, because these are winners.

Another great review. Tried these for a month on several clubs. Excited to get the rest of my clubs gripped with the UTx's.

Wonderful review, James. Definitely looking at the Black or Blue versions of these to try out...Lamkin has always made great grips and this one sounds like their best tech yet.

Great review Jman. Really like these grips and are interested in them. Not sure about the $8.99 pricepoint though. I'll have to get them in hand before I decide.

Thanks for the review, James. Personally I'm one who isn't crazy about the red and blue, but all black sounds like a great option. Sounds like a ton of tech packed into these grips.

Good info here James, I'm a fan of the 3Gen so I can see how some will flock to a "hybrid" that offers the softness / shock absorption of the 3gen combined with the standard cord that's so great with moisture wicking and just some roughness to them.

Pretty cool to see grip tech being pushed so much. Love having so many options.

Good info here James, I'm a fan of the 3Gen so I can see how some will flock to a "hybrid" that offers the softness / shock absorption of the 3gen combined with the standard cord that's so great with moisture wicking and just some roughness to them.

Pretty cool to see grip tech being pushed so much. Love having so many options.

You shall get to see them this week, worst case if the clubs in the bag change, I'll bring one for you to see still.

Nice review Jman. I just had mine out to the range this weekend and absolutely love them.

Nice write up Jman. Glad you got to test these in a variety of climates, since that's what I face up here. And they performed throughout. Will definitely be checking these out.

As a long standing REL user/believer, I am really excited to hear about the success of UTx James!!! I appreciate you touching on the two things that factor most for me: durability and tackiness. Sounds like these are a real winner in all weather conditions.

Now, it's time to get one of three of these in hand and find out first hand.

Awesome James!

I really love what I'm hearing about these grips, with the humid weather around here in the Midwest, these are a top my ponder list for a regrip!

Great words of wisdom James! Really enjoying the one on my driver thus far! Some more real course time today!

Good review Jman. I haven't played with any REL 3 Gen grips, being a cord guy. I'm wondering how it would compare to the Z-grip, crossline, or even decade cord grips? Thanks

Good review Jman. I haven't played with any REL 3 Gen grips, being a cord guy. I'm wondering how it would compare to the Z-grip, crossline, or even decade cord grips? Thanks

Sorry dude, I don't have any time with either of those!

Just put 3 more on my wedges this weekend.

Just put 3 more on my wedges this weekend.

I'm going to be doing the same soon, after I reshaft them, these are going on the wedges as well.

Well done James. I absolutely loved the Crossline Ace so I know I will have to give these a look.

Great review Jman, huge fan of Lamkin grips, love the design, looking forward to trying these out.

Back