The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the inside jokes really show the bond that the guys make at these events. Personally, I haven't been to an event, probably never will, but I appreciate the recaps/threads/jokes and every single post/picture. It really just lends to being able to better experience the events from afar.

In terms of people being in threads, or avoiding them, for myself I tried to check out every single one of them. Sometimes though, it does seem daunting to delve in and start talking in more specialized threads. I am more of a reader. The internet doesn't always erase shyness either LOL.

Dealing with a routine government inspection, onsite, this week. While it's routine, stress levels are through the roof, and I'm pushing my team to their limits, keeping up with day-to-day activities, plus handling audit requests/responses. Timing sucks, as I'm heading out of the office Friday, and the audit likely won't be done at that point. Will end up being one of my truest tests in trusting my team under the most demanding circumstances.

Hate dealing with the border crossing, either way. Just frustrating experience. Then, nothing like being told your on-site contact knows what needs to be done and can show you everything, only to get there and have them appear to be totally clueless. What I spent all day at this facility for, I could have done in 2 hours or less if I had all the information ahead of time. Grrrr...where's my drink.

Hate dealing with the border crossing, either way. Just frustrating experience. Then, nothing like being told your on-site contact knows what needs to be done and can show you everything, only to get there and have them appear to be totally clueless. What I spent all day at this facility for, I could have done in 2 hours or less if I had all the information ahead of time. Grrrr...where's my drink.
The border is just rough. I've had more than my share of negative experiences.

Constantly dealing with people who shouldn't be allowed to manage their own money let alone that of others. And why am I the only one that cares and wants to do something about it.

Back/Shoulder issues popping up for me again. Pain yesterday, which went away over night. Headed out to the range tonight and everything was fine. Get home, lay on the couch, and instant pain again.

I really need to get this figured out. The pain is just ridiculous when it hits.

Man sitting here watching my baby girl just lay there and wince is tough. Tried to carry her outside and set her in the grass to relieve herself and she was wobbly and about to fall over. An accident is no big deal tonight, I just want her comfortable. To top that off, Duke had the scariest episode he has had to date where he went down against the wall, neck extended back and just yelping loudly as if he was having a seizure earlier. Tough day. Thank you guys for all of your well wishes. It means so much to us. The next 10 days are going to be quite difficult and then I am gone for another 7 days in California and this all falls on GG.

We are continuing to work in the mean time, but thank you all for your patience during this.
I don't offer prayers haphazardly, but thoughts and prayers to all four of you.

Man sitting here watching my baby girl just lay there and wince is tough. Tried to carry her outside and set her in the grass to relieve herself and she was wobbly and about to fall over. An accident is no big deal tonight, I just want her comfortable. To top that off, Duke had the scariest episode he has had to date where he went down against the wall, neck extended back and just yelping loudly as if he was having a seizure earlier. Tough day. Thank you guys for all of your well wishes. It means so much to us. The next 10 days are going to be quite difficult and then I am gone for another 7 days in California and this all falls on GG.

We are continuing to work in the mean time, but thank you all for your patience during this.
I am sorry you guys are going through this. Damn, the stuff with Duke sounds scary.

Our guy is better but still not well. We go back for more blood work Friday. We found a letter today that my son wrote discussing his relationship with Riley (the dog) and feelings about him dying. It was touching, sweet and sad.

The Official Rant of the Day

I no doubt have been guilty of this in the two events I had the pleasure of attending, and it can see how it turns people off. I really wanted to attend the last MC, but Nick had different plans for me so I tried to follow along between my wife's contractions. ;) I will say, it was a lot of information coming in, and plenty of pictures which was neat, but on tapatalk it can get pretty overwhelming and hard to keep track and up. For example, I still haven't been able to view the recap/awards video and while JB mentioned that there was a surprise for the volunteers, until I can get to a desktop, I have no idea what happened.

Not sure if a potential solution (tapatalk issues aside) is to have an official event thread, the typical pre/post round thread, and a banter thread which could hopefully keep banter out of the primary thread used to deal with event details, recaps and the like.

Event threads are fine for that I believe in certain spots. Taking every golf thread and turning it into banter between the friends one just made at the event is taking it a bit too far in my opinion. The idea that the Morgan Cup thread was viewed by less than 500 active members (tens of thousands of guests) and all before we opened it up to banter tells me all it needs to.

I love THP Events. I mean I absolutely love them. If I didnt, I would not plan or host them of course. However after some, I feel as though people take every thread that goes up and turn it into an inside joke and banter thread. I know its the nature of the beast, and I know there is nothing wrong with it, but I do now understand why so few went into or go into certain threads.

We try, but at the end of the day, we are alone.

Oh no, it was not directed at anybody in particular or even the fun people are having. Just that I see a lot of posts where people skip right over actual golf conversations to banter. It makes it hard to be "inviting" when they are right about being ignored.

Event threads are fine for that I believe in certain spots. Taking every golf thread and turning it into banter between the friends one just made at the event is taking it a bit too far in my opinion. The idea that the Morgan Cup thread was viewed by less than 500 active members (tens of thousands of guests) and all before we opened it up to banter tells me all it needs to.

As much as it pains me to say it, there have been times after certain events where I have felt a complete outsider when trying to read through a thread due to some of the banter and I have asked myself why I bother - it even got to the point where I just scrolled through to look for the actual golf pictures and ignored the text and didn't post anything at all as I felt that I didn't have a right to post in such a thread

For myself who has almost no chance of attending events (it is a lot lot harder for me to justify the expense of a 3 hour drive, pay to park the car for however long I am going to be away, then jump on a plane and fly 9/10/11 hours depending on where I need to get to, on top of any event costs) it can sometimes leave me feeling distanced from the forum as a whole despite the fact that I would love to experience an event such as the MC or GrandDaddy - in some ways this isn't really a valid rant as I chose to be a member of this forum and must therefore live with the fact that I will probably never get to experience such an event unless personal circumstances allow

Despite these issues, I still feel that this is the best golf forum for information that I have come across and I applaud you for what you have done here JB in creating such a rich environment

Having had dogs in the family for years, I have a small understanding of how you feel and all I can do is keep my fingers crossed for you and send you our best wishes for a full recovery for both of them

Last night was long. Gave Ellie her dog morphine and she fell asleep. But then at 2 am I wake and see her trying to walk over to my side of the bed. We had a wicked thunderstorm and she was freaking out.

Finally got her to calm down when Josh laid down with her in my closet. He slept on the floor of my closet with her for the rest of the night.

She was in a lot of pain this morning and cried for about two hours, but the dog morphine finally kicked in and now the two of us are laying on the living room rug together. I think the meds make her extra loopy so she gets freaked out and confused on where she is, but when I start to pet her she calms down bit.

I sure hope Ellie feels better real soon. It's tough to watch loved ones suffer.

Thinking about you guys Morgan, I know tough this is for all of you.

Thinking about you and those pups.

I haven't played golf in almost two weeks. This needs to change soon.

I haven't played golf in almost two weeks. This needs to change soon.

Need a couple for Saturday. Feel like driving to Knoxville? lol

Need a couple for Saturday. Feel like driving to Knoxville? lol

Wish I could! Kind of scared to show anyone my game right now. Need to get some work in.

Wish I could! Kind of scared to show anyone my game right now. Need to get some work in.
I know how you feel. My timing decided to up and go away. I'm all over the place. That's why I hit almost 175 balls last night! :beat-up:

Finally got her to calm down when Josh laid down with her in my closet. He slept on the floor of my closet with her for the rest of the night.

The closet is Lady's go-to when it storms. That's funny that they know to find the place that's probably the safest in a wicked storm.
And if the basement door is open, she'll go down there and hide in the bathroom. How do they know that!??!

I know how you feel. My timing decided to up and go away. I'm all over the place. That's why I hit almost 175 balls last night! :beat-up:

The closet is Lady's go-to when it storms. That's funny that they know to find the place that's probably the safest in a wicked storm.
And if the basement door is open, she'll go down there and hide in the bathroom. How do they know that!??!

I think they are looking for the darkest place possible. The closet has no windows, so she can't see the lightning or hear the rain on the windows.

Is it October yet? I need some THP events in my life. In such a rut lately

Sorry PhillyV. Cancer really does suck.

Cancer is my rant. Took the life of a co-worker today. The man spent 29 years of his life at the mill and loved every day of it. Even in his last few months during treatment in Arizona he kept his laptop goin and would call in during big issues and offer his opinion. Such a shame to see such a good guy taken by this stupid disease

Sorry PhillyV. Cancer really does suck.

Unfortunately I would say most people around here have had cancer effect their lives in some way or another. It is painful to watch someone who was so strong and put together be reduced to nothing by the disease, treatments, etc.

Sucks indeed.

Someone crank calling your office. Seriously, who freaking crank calls an attorney?

"Yeah, I'm the owner of Patent eight million, six hundred seventy five thousand, three hundred nine."

"Uh huh, you own patent 8675309. Should I call you Mr. 2 Tone or just Tommy?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back