Caledonia Golf & Fish Club, Course Review

I has never seen Caledonia before our round there Thursday. After one round, I would put it in my top 5 for sure. Such a beautiful property with the overhanging limbs and Spanish moss. Some very clever designed holes that I will remember a long time. Love the plantation house converted to the clubhouse as well.

I sort of had my moment with this course on Saturday. It's a winner.

This course easily became one of my top 5 ever played. Definitely a shot making course and I loved every hole out there. Even you 9...

I'm starting to think how lucky I was to have never really played the last 2 holes here. Now those memories are of only heartbreak.

I played this course within the first nine months of its opening 20 years ago. I loved it then, but with 20 years of maturity and character, I didn't recognize a few of the holes. It is one of my all time favorites for sure and holds even more special meaning to me now. I will be back for sure.

IMG_20140724_134553_zpsegmnrkuk_1_zpsjuzf6urx.jpg

Before playing Calendonia the pictures that I have seen did not do this place justice. The drive up is magnificent. I love everything about this course. Yes event number 9 ha ha. Easily one my favorite courses that I have played

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a great course! I agree the closing holes will add to the drama of the Morgan Cup

This course easily became one of my top 5 ever played. Definitely a shot making course and I loved every hole out there. Even you 9...

There really isn't a bad hole on the course. 9 isn't great, but it wouldn't be out of place on a lot of local courses. I curse that tee shot on 7 though.

There really isn't a bad hole on the course. 9 isn't great, but it wouldn't be out of place on a lot of local courses. I curse that tee shot on 7 though.

I also curse that tee shot. I wondered in practice if it was easier from back a tee where you might have more room to just hit it over that mess?

What an amazing course that will provide memories to last a lifetime. My favorite hole is definitely #18. I am glad I had the opportunity to play it twice.

Think it was fitting the afternoon round finished up and decided to tee it up on 18, after our 2nd match was closed on 17.

I'm really thrilled that so many people enjoyed Caledonia as much as I do. I absolutely love that course.

I'm hopeful that THP will find its way down there again. I need an excuse to make the drive and play there once more.

If you could put True Blue's staff with Caledonia that is a match made in heaven.

I also curse that tee shot. I wondered in practice if it was easier from back a tee where you might have more room to just hit it over that mess?

I would MUCH rather play from the blacks than the blues on that hole.

I got lucky and put driver through the trees in the practice round, ddec then pounded the bottom limb and dropped straight down.

Seeing his tee shot hit the limb was in my head Saturday and the results showed.

Morning Drive broadcasting from the 18th green at Caledonia right now.

I want to go back.

Morning Dive is reporting live from this course this morning. They have 2 of the hosts there raising money for The First Tee Chapters in Myrtle Beach. Thought it was pretty cool since the MC was just there. They were talking about the 18th hole and the picturesque entrance.

I want to go back.
I was thinking about how the MD crew missed out on being there with y'all this past Sunday. I know they would have been blown away to see the ultimate amateur golf event.

I want to go back.

I actually just came to post the same thing. Immediate nostalgia right there. I want another shot at that course.

I would love to play that course again. That is one of the nicest course I have every played. When I think of the south and golf that defiantly is the place.
I actually just came to post the same thing. Immediate nostalgia right there. I want another shot at that course.

I want to go back.
So cool to see 18 green behind them!

Another picture I took. 18th from the porch in the morning.

20140724_081146_1_zpssq9cc2h8.jpg

JM

Such a great finishing hole.

Seems appropriate for some to be looking over this fabulous review of Caledonia... namely #Legacy participants!

I love this course and it's sister...I miss this course and it's sister. Glad THP is back to the beautiful pair, and know that the staffs will impress yet again.

I could Caledonia every day and never get tired of it. Doesn't have to be a super long course to keep your attention and make you second guess shots.

May be my favorite course I've ever played.

What a great course. Loved playing these last year. Hoping and praying to play them again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back