Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did have a Stage 2 hybrid and couldnt dial it in. I couldnt stop hooking it.

Now do I try a newer version? Will I have any luck?

Pondering a Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder. Tired of asking everyone for yardages.
I just recently got one and love it. Picked it up on the bay from 2ndswing.com for $219

I thought you were ordering that one the other day. $250 is a respectable deal IIRC.

I was and then decided I would just trade in almost all of my non-Mc stuff and get it cheaper. I plan on playing my MC stuff for a long long time.

Also pondering a new 3W. Hit the Stage 2 really well, but the last couple of times out it has just felt flat when I hit the ball. Don't know what it is, but definitely don't like it. Tried to work it out on the range yesterday, but seems like no matter how well I hit it, tee or no tee, it's still a bit flat. Birthday's coming up so who knows. Could have a new one in play by next week! :D

Stand bag ponder re engaged. TM SLDR, Titleist, Wilson Staff and Oakley are all on the table....
I'm liking the Oakley fairway bag more and more each time I see, hear, or read about it. I think it's the cooler pocket....

SM5 L Grind 58.04.

looking at some SC putters. Newport 2.5 kind of has my eye.

Look at you pondering non-set wedges. Any reason in particular?

Just to mess around with honestly.

I would probably carry 2 lob wedges. One for full swings and one for short pitches. Zero chance it replaces the i20 LW.

So much for that thought. Time to scour the bay. Maybe a BioCell+ would fit the bill also. Low spin but with more forgiving of my misses than a SLDR.
Leading bidder so far on a bio cell plus for a song.hopefully I can hold on.

I'm liking the Oakley fairway bag more and more each time I see, hear, or read about it. I think it's the cooler pocket....

I'm with you on the cooler pocket. 2013 SM Four 5'a have them, 2014's don't. It definitely made me shy away. If I'm walking, I need some where to put my refreshing beverage.

Just to mess around with honestly.

I would probably carry 2 lob wedges. One for full swings and one for short pitches. Zero chance it replaces the i20 LW.

Nice. I've carried the J40 with me for practice rounds, but I have better results with the i20 LW overall. Finally getting used to the added distance out of the SW & LW over blade wedges.

I have my eye on a used set of Apex 5-AW on the Bay that are used, but I'm a bit gunshy after seeing the story on all of the counterfeit stuff on eBay. I emailed the seller last night and everything seemed legit (just has too many clubs, needs to get rid of them, bought them through Golfsmith), but I'm still wary. I'm thinking that going through Callaway PreOwned would be a little more expensive, but give me piece of mind....argh, I can't decide.

I have my eye on a used set of Apex 5-AW on the Bay that are used, but I'm a bit gunshy after seeing the story on all of the counterfeit stuff on eBay. I emailed the seller last night and everything seemed legit (just has too many clubs, needs to get rid of them, bought them through Golfsmith), but I'm still wary. I'm thinking that going through Callaway PreOwned would be a little more expensive, but give me piece of mind....argh, I can't decide.
It's funny you say that as I'm super gun shy on the bay to right now. That Jimmy Roberts show has me scared something fierce.

looking at some SC putters. Newport 2.5 kind of has my eye.

I look every now and then, especially at the 2012 SC Select. Love the colors and that face is NOICE. Just never have the cash to make it happen.

Hmm I do have some irons I need to part with

Can you get the S/N from the set and call Callaway to confirm authenticity?

Yeah I would think this would cover you, plus have them checked for authenticity once you receive. PayPal will have you 100% covered if you find out they are fakes.

Hooks are part of the hybrid experience in many cases, unless you move down into the more iron-like versions. Even then, if it's your miss the hybrid seems to magnify it. I've had relatively good results with the 913H, though we recenlty have gone through some tough times. Nike Covert Tour was another one that I hit pretty straight.

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Since my son just finished his golf lessons, I'm pondering sets for him. He's 8 and in that in between height, where I could go either way with which size clubs. I'm leaning towards the longer ones and having him choke up, either the Top Flite or the Cobra sets. We'll head to DSG in the next few days to check 'em out.

I'm starting to feel that itch coming on with irons, but I'm convincing myself that my Di11s are fine for me right now, and Baffler or gently used Razr irons won't be that much of a difference maker.

Since my son just finished his golf lessons, I'm pondering sets for him. He's 8 and in that in between height, where I could go either way with which size clubs. I'm leaning towards the longer ones and having him choke up, either the Top Flite or the Cobra sets. We'll head to DSG in the next few days to check 'em out.

I'm starting to feel that itch coming on with irons, but I'm convincing myself that my Di11s are fine for me right now, and Baffler or gently used Razr irons won't be that much of a difference maker.

have you looked at US Kids Golf?

have you looked at US Kids Golf?

Yup. A bit more than I'd like to spend in case he backslides and decides golf isn't for him, but if I went that route at least they'd have good resale value. Callaway Preowned has a good selection of them.

I've been looking at them too, but dang. Buying clothes is bad enough for growing kids.

I would recommend the Cobra Bio Cell hybrid. I hadn't hit it until this weekend and found it to be the best hybrid I've owned.....and there's been a lot (x hot, x2hot, rocketballz, Stage 2, Adams, etc. The sound and feel at impact are solid. There no metal "ping" noise when you hit the ball either.

Pondering a Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder. Tired of asking everyone for yardages.

Well worth it! Just ask Castor how well mine worked out for him :banghead:

I've been looking at them too, but dang. Buying clothes is bad enough for growing kids.

Exactly. The way he eats, with my luck he'll shoot up 6" in a year and outgrow his clubs after a few rounds.

Where would that be located on the Apex irons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back