Nike MM Proto Irons

I dont have recent numbers, but I think Nike is selling close to as many as Mizuno and if you compare set per set, they might even be selling more. Neither are big sellers however.

You might be true. I tend to see more MIzunos on the course than I do Nikes. But they are older MIzunos

These are beautiful irons. I loved my Nike Blades.

I'm really curious what the "concierge service with a club expert" is all about. Is this just a 1 on 1 fitting type of thing?

You might be true. I tend to see more MIzunos on the course than I do Nikes. But they are older MIzunos

Can't remember the last time I saw Nike irons on a golf course. I am sure they exist though.

look nice i wonder if Tiger will switch

From pgatour.com equipment report...

On Monday, Nike pulled the curtain back on MM Proto when it posted a photo of a full-fledged iron set — the irons have a polymer-filled cavity and perimeter weighting — with the caption, "Our pros have been anxious to get their hands on our new #mmproto irons. The wait to test full sets is finally over."

Based on the photo, it would appear Russell Henley will be testing the cavity-back irons in the not-too-distant future. As for the rest of Nike's staff — including Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy — it remains to be seen who will be testing the irons in the coming weeks.

Nike has yet to release official details on the irons that were reportedly a collaboration between Rory McIlroy, Tiger Woods and The Oven, Nike's R&D facility in Fort Worth, Texas.

Man are those pretty to look at or what.

Those are sexy. Nike Golf is bringing it recently.

Also, $1500 for a limited release doesn't seem unreasonable to me. I sure as heck wouldn't pay it, but ya know :smile-big:

I saw these on their FB page earlier and my god, they're beautiful!!! I could never spend that much on irons but that doesn't stop me wanting them, lol.

Those really look great. Sweet looking clubs.

If you add in all the shaft and grip choices, $1500 really isnt bad at all. Love the look of these, hoping they might come out with some sort of combo set in the future. Looks like Russ Henley and Seung Yul Noh will be putting these in play this week at the Bridgestone.

OH my.

I like the looks of these. Remind me of the Callaway 2013 x Forged irons a little bit.

I've only hit a Nike iron once or twice, and that was several years ago.

I will say that these irons are flat out gorgeous.

Those are some sweet looking blades.. that price tag, tho.

They are really nice looking irons, but I don't fully understand the concept of making a limited release iron. If they are as good as some have said they are, why wouldn't they be their next full offering?

They sure look like a nice set. I still remember when the 1st Tiger blades came out, those were going for about the same price (maybe more) and they couldn't keep them in stock. Those were going for $500 to a $1000 more than cost on eBay and such. Someone will fork over the cash for those.

Pretty good looking!

I personally don't think they are overpriced. 3-w and only 40 sets on the market.

A generic set from any manufacturer is $1000+

I was thinking the same thing. A new set of Titleist irons goes for $1000+ but with this you get a custom, extremely limited set and one on one help with a Nike rep. I think overall it's a reasonable cost for what you get. I would be tempted but I have come to the conclusion that I will never play a blade again, I have hit blades well but I enjoy that little bit of forgiveness I have with with a cavity.

They are really nice looking irons, but I don't fully understand the concept of making a limited release iron. If they are as good as some have said they are, why wouldn't they be their next full offering?

A retail version will be released this fall, though the aesthetics will be different.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So that went well for Nike.

So that went well for Nike.

Not bad having something sellout before noon.

Didn't take any time at all. Impressive.

Back