DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Shane is planning on coming down that weekend. How about something other than Cowboys, since he has already seen that one. We still have Sky Creek, which I still have the current and expired deal on. That would help offset some of the cost. Trying to think of other options too. Maybe 36 Saturday? And an early Sunday round?
I will have to get with him and see what his travel plans are. Will talk with him tonight about his thoughts.

Looks like Shane is planning on coming down that weekend. How about something other than Cowboys, since he has already seen that one. We still have Sky Creek, which I still have the current and expired deal on. That would help offset some of the cost. Trying to think of other options too. Maybe 36 Saturday? And an early Sunday round?
I will have to get with him and see what his travel plans are. Will talk with him tonight about his thoughts.

We still have sugar tree as well Eddie.

Sounds good, I'm down with pretty much anything.

Hello new to DFW area, moved up from Houston in 2010, and new to THP. Heading to NM mountains for 6 of.the next eight weeks so cat make this one but look forward to one soon.

Not familiar with most of the courses mentioned yet. I play Watters Creek most Saturdays and ridge view ranch, the Bridges in Gunter, trails of Frisco and heritagee entrance most week days with a couple of groups. I've heard good things about Cowboy Club and Sky Creek but not played the yet. Have enjoyed the great options around the area including Stevens Park, historic Cedar Crest and Tennyson.
Welcome aboard. From the courses you've listed I'm guessing you're in the Plano/Frisco area. Try twin creeks in Allen if you get a chance it's been redone recently and is a fun track in the area. I'm in Frisco and try to play 1-3 times a week. I play 9 holes after work at Plantation a lot and it's only $7 after 7pm which is awesome this time of year with the sun out until 9 or later. It's not a very good course but $7 is a steal. Hit me up if you'd like to play soon.

Last edited:
September 13th at The Cliffs Resort

1. 3BD
2. #cookie
3. afwcardinal
4. Baldguy
5. ImaBeRealReal
6. Darin--3bd friend
7. TexasBubba...maybe
8. Niteowl...maybe
9. captdru...maybe

Cliffs-at-Possum-Kingdom-Lake-1.jpg

Anyone else want to join in?

Anyone want to put something together to play out at Rock Creek toward the later part of August? I'm playing out there this Saturday and will get more info... after I play Saturday there will be 5 rounds left for the month, but I think I can bring as many guests as I'd like after the 5 rounds are washed though it goes up to $60 per.

I'm in west Plano, good guess! I have played twin creeks but not since the change over, I was pretty underwhelmed with its condition before. I have played plantation and sounds like a great deal. I would like to play sometime. I'm good for every other day or two to three times a week. I have a regular group at watters on Saturdays and play once a week with some retired ATT guys and some church friends. But always ready for more play!

Im gone gone for most of the next two months to NM mountains, but when back let's go play golf.

If you guys have not voiced your opinion in the 2015 THP Events thread, please do. Thanks guys

Anyone want to put something together to play out at Rock Creek toward the later part of August? I'm playing out there this Saturday and will get more info... after I play Saturday there will be 5 rounds left for the month, but I think I can bring as many guests as I'd like after the 5 rounds are washed though it goes up to $60 per.

Ive wanting to play rock creek wish I was around to take you up on this now! Also, the cliffs looks awesome I've not heard about it, is it near possum kingdom?

September 13th at The Cliffs Resort

1. 3BD
2. #cookie
3. afwcardinal
4. Baldguy
5. ImaBeRealReal
6. Darin--3bd friend
7. TexasBubba...maybe
8. Niteowl...maybe
9. captdru...maybe

Cliffs-at-Possum-Kingdom-Lake-1.jpg

Anyone else want to join in?

Wish I could. Awesome looking course and setting. I'm going to NM mountains for some cool weather golf oe would ask to be in.

I'm in west Plano, good guess! I have played twin creeks but not since the change over, I was pretty underwhelmed with its condition before. I have played plantation and sounds like a great deal. I would like to play sometime. I'm good for every other day or two to three times a week. I have a regular group at watters on Saturdays and play once a week with some retired ATT guys and some church friends. But always ready for more play!

Im gone gone for most of the next two months to NM mountains, but when back let's go play golf.

I've been over to play at Twin Creek twice this month. It's actually in pretty good condition right now. Well, at least the greens are. The first weekend we played, it was in fantastic condition, but the next weekend it showed signs of needing water and a trimming. It was still a fun track to play.
We play quite often over in the Fort Worth area, so any time your interested in traveling a little ways, come join us. It's always a fun round.

Thanks for the update and invite. Other than Texas star in a tournament I have not played in FW area.

should be back in Plano by end do September and will take you up on the offer.

Thanks for the update and invite. Other than Texas star in a tournament I have not played in FW area.

should be back in Plano by end do September and will take you up on the offer.
I am nearby you also, in far east Frisco, where Allen, Frisco, McKinney, and Plano border each other. So 5 minutes from Twin Creeks, Ridgeview, Westridge, and Plantation. I am a member at Eldorado, so that is where I play for the most part except when I get out with the guys in this group. Come join us sometime!

My plan is work from from my Roff, OK office that friday so will get into dallas friday evening. Would like to hit the road to drive home sunday afternoon. Look forward to seeing everyone

My plan is work from from my Roff, OK office that friday so will get into dallas friday evening. Would like to hit the road to drive home sunday afternoon. Look forward to seeing everyone

Sounds good, looking forward to it!

You talking to Eddie about plans? I think I can get away with 36 Saturday and 18 early Sunday.

You talking to Eddie about plans? I think I can get away with 36 Saturday and 18 early Sunday.
He is going to call me tonight. I am good with whatever works for all you guys.

We text back and forth a little last night. He got off the course late and I was buried in the MC recap thread until late. I will talk with him tonight and see what his thoughts are.

We text back and forth a little last night. He got off the course late and I was buried in the MC recap thread until late. I will talk with him tonight and see what his thoughts are.

Are you talking the 9th/10th? I hope so cause I have plans this weekend already...

Yes, 9th/10th.

I finally found the date a few pages back... that's one of the problems with Tapatalk!

Are you talking the 9th/10th? I hope so cause I have plans this weekend already...
Glad you can work your way around Tapatalk. Cookie is correct. We are talking that weekend. Shane had that weekend available and has been really wanting to head down here for a round with the DFW crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back