Bobby Jones Black By Jesse Ortiz FW Wood Review

No joke. He said the same things I did. Not the longest, but wow at the ease of use and ball flight from anywhere. He hot some fades and draws with it as well.

So I have been thinking about this one a lot recently. I love my fairway wood, but this was simply magical for me in my limited time. Also thinking about taking a Rouge fairway wood and putting a longer shaft in it and going with that.

It's yours to play with in MSP. I've moved to something else for the time being that is closer in profile to what I might be playing in July. Don't want to get too comfortable with automatic from the fairway when it's not going to be what I have to work with.

I think you should reshaft all those Rouge clubs and see what happens.

So I moved from this about 2-3 months ago b/c I knew my potential fairway woods in the MC would be nothing like this and I didn't want to be shell shocked. Performance off the turf during that time ranged from ok to downright terrible, so back in the bag it goes. It's a shot I need and nothing has delivered results for me like this.

So I moved from this about 2-3 months ago b/c I knew my potential fairway woods in the MC would be nothing like this and I didn't want to be shell shocked. Performance off the turf during that time ranged from ok to downright terrible, so back in the bag it goes. It's a shot I need and nothing has delivered results for me like this.

I was literally just thinking about this and the hybrids last night. Crazy.

The hybrid I want to take a look at as well. I hit my 5 iron exceptionally well for me during the MC, so if I can't squeeze it out as a 4h I don't know what will come of that. Going to give it a look though for sure.

The hybrid I want to take a look at as well. I hit my 5 iron exceptionally well for me during the MC, so if I can't squeeze it out as a 4h I don't know what will come of that. Going to give it a look though for sure.

I'm honestly considering a 6-hybrid. I just figure, why not?

My main issue is carry distance when I get into that area. Assuming nothing like a sloped green that eats up roll out, my irons will get there, but some of it is definitely coming via the ground. The BobbyJ hybrid though - pretty much hop and stop when I was using it.

So glad you brought it along Thursday for us to try out...oh wait.

So glad you brought it along Thursday for us to try out...oh wait.

I should have, but with how well you hit that 3W I just figured no reason to bother :)

I should have, but with how well you hit that 3W I just figured no reason to bother :)
Hmm my 3w in the bag wasn't touched
My MC 3W didn't get swung on the course

If ever anyone needed a reliable 3w and hybo like this lines it's me.

Better effing bring It to bear trap

You come, Bobby Jones will come.

This is a bold statement, but I'm feeling bold.

If you suck with fairway woods (especially from the turf) and you don't have one of these you are tossing at least a couple strokes away every round. I used either this or the hybrid as a second shot club on every par five today and found something I've been missing badly. Being able to elevate the ball from the turf - and keep it straight - is just a big deal for a player like me. I do give up some yards compared to perfect XHot strikes, but consistency in contact and ball flight is probably ten times better.

Man, I am still a little sore I have not hit this thing. I may just have to pull the trigger.

Love it. Great thoughts. I will have the FW wood soon hopefully. Love this thing.

Ugh. I need to hit these and hybrids badly.

Man, I am still a little sore I have not hit this thing. I may just have to pull the trigger.

Love it. Great thoughts. I will have the FW wood soon hopefully. Love this thing.

I know JB has seen it, but I'd recommend it dude. I don't really like to toss myself out there like that much either. Game changer. If you're not long off the tee, a solid option from the turf is vital to set up scoring chances.

Depending on the tees and the wind I may actually be hitting it a couple times on the Bear Trap lol.

Trigger pulled. Should have this bad boy in hand by early next week at the latest.

Trigger pulled. Should have this bad boy in hand by early next week at the latest.

You hit this in Florida? Did you hit it anywhere/anytime else?

Back