2013 Callaway Del Mar Preview

I said I was close, I bought the ones I put a pic up of earlier. Black/Lime LE 2013's are mine.

I'm jealous! First you get the shoes with the old man velcro straps across the front and now these :angry:. haha looking forward to how they work for ya partner!

I'm jealous! First you get the shoes with the old man velcro straps across the front and now these :angry:. haha looking forward to how they work for ya partner!

Both pair will be in action at The Outing buddy!

I picked up the LE 2013 grey ones today. I have the 2012 black and brown ones and they are my favorite shoe to wear. So comfy and have great traction in all types of conditions.

to those guys who got these how do you like the 2013 model i am looking for street style shoes mine are getting pretty beat up and these look nice.

to those guys who got these how do you like the 2013 model i am looking for street style shoes mine are getting pretty beat up and these look nice.

The new ones are great. Super comfy and I like this years look better than last years. By far my favorite shoe and pretty much the only one I wear.

I'm on the fence think I'll wait till last years come in and I try them on.

I was looking at these but I have never tried a pair of Callaway shoes any brand run close to them for comparison?

2013 Callaway Del Mar Preview

How is the grip on these? Decent in wet weather? Also, waterproof?

Maybe these are ashworth cardiffs

Last edited:
Will be worth searching the site for feedback since there is a ton here.

Grip = ok. Not as good as some with bigger nubs.
Wet weather will possibly give you a slip or two.
Waterproof - yes, to a point. Mine failed eventually, but Callaway replaced them.

Will be worth searching the site for feedback since there is a ton here.

Grip = ok. Not as good as some with bigger nubs.
Wet weather will possibly give you a slip or two.
Waterproof - yes, to a point. Mine failed eventually, but Callaway replaced them.

Have you had the cardiffs too? Which is better in your mind?

Yes I did actually. I still have both. Cardiffs are the Mesh version.

If you offered me either I'd take these for comfort alone. Cardiffs are a little tighter in the toe box. While never uncomfortable (I did walk in them), the Del Mars are impossible to beat there for me.

I did play in some light rain w/ the Cardiffs and no problem with leaking. Light rain though.
Nubs are bigger on the Cardiffs, so I think you could expect a little more traction there.

Thanks so much

I couldn't resist a pair of the grey orange shoes at 39.99. I heard that these are super comfy

I may have to buy some of these during a good sale and save them for later. I love the look and spike less shoes will be the way to go for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a pair of the grey ones off of amazon for like 45 last week, just got them in today. Im going to try them out on the course tomorrow.

Back