Dustin Johnson Taking Leave From Golf

Well let's just say if he is indeed struggling with addiction of some sort and still playing this well, imagine when he's healthy and has a clear head. Lookout

No matter what issues he is facing in his personal life I hope that he is able vanquish those demons he is battling and come out on the other side healthier and at peace. Love his game and think that with a clear mind he can be one of the greats.

Be the ball!!

Everyone has their demons. I'm no one to judge. Just hope he gets right and comes back and wins a major. Love the way he plays and wish him nothing but the best in his recovery

I don't really care what his specific issue is, but I hope he finds the help he is seeking and is committed to finding that help because he knows he needs to (and that he isn't doing this purely due to sponsor or tour demands). I enjoy watching his incredible talents when he is able to display them.

Hope he gets his life snorted out, sorry meant sorted out.

I'm a fan of DJ the golfer, obviously do not know him on the personal level, but have heard things that lead me to believe he has his demons.

Hoping for his sake that he gets his life straightened out and can continue back on the right path.

DJ can end the speculation at any time. State a reason for why he is stepping away. Here is his statement for those that haven't seen it.

"I am taking a leave of absence from professional golf, effective immediately," Johnson, 30, said in a statement released by his management team which made no reference to the Ryder Cup. "I will use this time to seek professional help for personal challenges I have faced. By committing the time and resources necessary to improve my mental health, physical well-being and emotional foundation, I am confident that I will be better equipped to fulfill my potential and become a consistent champion.
"I respectfully ask my fans, well-wishers and the media for privacy as I embark upon this mission of self-improvement."

Personal challenges has to be one of just a few things I would think. Injury. Relationship issues. Mental issue. Behavioral issue. Family health issue. I think we can discount Injury as he released a clear statement in the past from his back injury a few years ago.

IF this is in any way a suspension from/by the Tour, then the tour policy of not releasing suspensions/fines leads to speculation.

I personally hope this is DJ facing whatever it is head on and trying to heal from it. He has a better chance of overcoming it if this is his idea. If it is a suspension then someone else is forcing this on him and recovery may not be as successful.

Hope he gets everything in check and can make a full return.

I hope whatever he's stepping away from gets sorted and he can come back and play.

It's no secret he had a drug problem. Dude would show up at his club and park his car in the middle of the street and get out wearing nothing but a pair of shorts and wearing big sunglasses. They would ask him to get clothed so he'd go back to his car, unwrap a new shirt, unbox a new pair of Adidas and go inside.

It's no secret he had a drug problem. Dude would show up at his club and park his car in the middle of the street and get out wearing nothing but a pair of shorts and wearing big sunglasses. They would ask him to get clothed so he'd go back to his car, unwrap a new shirt, unbox a new pair of Adidas and go inside.
Sounds like a heck of a guy to party and golf with. Let's invite him to PGA National :)

Reading about DJ on the forums , hope that he sort out his demons, I wish all the best and hope to see him back on tour soon hopefully

Love watching DJ swing a golf club, so I hope he gets the help he needs and get back on the course in early 2015. I hope he can stay with it and take the time, even if it extends into 2015 to take care of himself.

One can only wonder if the woman drove him to it...
Jimmy Buffett has all the answers:

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame,
But I know it's nobody's fault.

Now I think, - hell it could be my fault.

But I know, it's my own damn fault.

What an idiot. At least he has the money to get himself help and not lose his house or his job. So is Paulina going to be out of the picture now.

What an idiot. At least he has the money to get himself help and not lose his house or his job. So is Paulina going to be out of the picture now.
She seems conducive to a sober lifestyle. :alien:

She might be a keeper for other reasons. I wonder if he would give it up or stay and take a chance.

Everyone makes mistakes in their life big or small. We learn from that and become stronger better people. Whatever is going on in his life, hope this leave helps ,is all straightened out. I am a fan of DJ, enjoy watching him. Helps he shares my first name. Not many of us.

Everyone makes mistakes in their life big or small. We learn from that and become stronger better people. Whatever is going on in his life, hope this leave helps ,is all straightened out. I am a fan of DJ, enjoy watching him. Helps he shares my first name. Not many of us.

Dustin-true about everyone making mistakes at some point. However not everyone learns from them. I have unfortunately witnessed some close to me, continue to make the same mistakes and unfortunately it didn't end well.

On the other hand I happen to know several Dustins. And actually sent an email to the wrong Dustin in my contact list once. Fortunately it was a harmless message :)

Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look it at, it was only a matter of time. I really hope a guy with that much talent on the course can right the ship and get back to just playing golf.

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm sitting here drinking my morning coffee, trying to catch up on my THP reading, and I was just like 'meh, seems about right, considering.'

No wonder that chick is so damn skinny. Socialite party girls that make their names known for only being hot have a not-so-perfect track record for being trouble. Anyway, I am off topic. It's not like she loaded up and blew it up his nose for him. Fault=DJs.

Sad way to start the day. Those of us with some age know that in years gone by it was alcohol. Now perhaps drugs or maybe something else. Whatever the case I want to consider that it could have been one of my kids so I will pray for him and hope for his quick return.

I was told quite some time ago from someone in his circle what the problem is, surprised it took this long to address it. Too much talent to waste his life. I wish him well.

I'm a fan of DJ the golfer, obviously do not know him on the personal level, but have heard things that lead me to believe he has his demons.

Hoping for his sake that he gets his life straightened out and can continue back on the right path.

This is my feeling too. We all have our issues and demons. I for one don't like piling on or mocking individuals with issues. Here's hoping he gets better.

I'm very excited to hear that DJ is taking some time away to get his life on track. Unfortunately his lifestyle was more common knowledge than rumor.

Back