Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Srixon Z Star 3 wood.
Got the driver about a month ago and love it.

I need to break down and get a few tips for the Razr Fit Xtreme, and maybe a trinity stiff shaft. I don't hate the shaft in there now, but I think it's not the most optimal for me.

TaylorMade UDI or the Apex driving iron. It is ridiculous to be pondering anything post-MC, but a driving iron is something I would love to have for a course like Caledonia.

TaylorMade UDI or the Apex driving iron. It is ridiculous to be pondering anything post-MC, but a driving iron is something I would love to have for a course like Caledonia.

This. Yea, would have been nice cause you would have hit that on every par 4 out there during our match. It's really the perfect club for you out there. This has to end up in your bag eventually. I think it would go longer than your 3 iron.

I can't afford a new one, but after last night I'm about to buy last year's Bobby Jones hybrid in 20° or something like that. Trajectory is an issue right now and the previous generation appears to be very similar to this year's version.

Clubs for the wife....

Any suggestions? Not looking to spend a whole ton of money.

I can't afford a new one, but after last night I'm about to buy last year's Bobby Jones hybrid in 20° or something like that. Trajectory is an issue right now and the previous generation appears to be very similar to this year's version.
Everything coming off low Hawk? I've found just the opposite with some hybrids. I can't seem to hit anything but moon balls with the X2 Hot... I know it's a swing issue but I hit my 4H just fine, which is weird.

I'd box set it.

Agreed, take a peek over at rockbottomgolf.com - good selection of complete sets across a wide price range.

Everything coming off low Hawk? I've found just the opposite with some hybrids. I can't seem to hit anything but moon balls with the X2 Hot... I know it's a swing issue but I hit my 4H just fine, which is weird.

With a lot of the current hybrids, yes. So many have gone the lower spin route (for distance) and I just can't elevate them as well as I'd like. Lose a good deal of carry yardage. At some courses that's no big deal, but last weekend it bit me on more than one occasion.

With a lot of the current hybrids, yes. So many have gone the lower spin route (for distance) and I just can't elevate them as well as I'd like. Lose a good deal of carry yardage. At some courses that's no big deal, but last weekend it bit me on more than one occasion.

AMP cell hybrid?

AMP cell hybrid?

No thanks. Either I go BobbyJ or nothing right now. It's proven for me on the monitor and the course when it comes to trajectory. I still want the Fuji Pro though, but the rational guy in me says that's silly.

Gotcha. I make it a point to hit down on mine. J40 will take a decent little divot for a hybrid. More loft may be the ticket in that case. Other than the F7, I've never owned a FW that I could hit down on consistently. That thing was like a big hybrid.

Today's round will probably decide for me if I keep the 4W in my bag or not. I just don't use it.

Pondering throwing a 60 deg wedge back in... or a Smartsole C/S

This. Yea, would have been nice cause you would have hit that on every par 4 out there during our match. It's really the perfect club for you out there. This has to end up in your bag eventually. I think it would go longer than your 3 iron.

Yeah I didn't feel comfortable on the tee there not having any time with the hybrid or 3w before our match. I need something that is longer than my 3 iron that I feel like I can control the trajectory off the tee. The driving iron would be the perfect fit for that course.

Yeah I didn't feel comfortable on the tee there not having any time with the hybrid or 3w before our match. I need something that is longer than my 3 iron that I feel like I can control the trajectory off the tee. The driving iron would be the perfect fit for that course.

I'm sure there's something out there that you'll like :quiet:

I have a lot of clubs that I want to try.

Hybrids:
J40 Hybrids
BioCell Hybrids
X2hot hybrids

Fairway Woods:
Big Bertha 3W
J40 3W
BioCell 3W

Wedges: Thinking of going 50,54,58*
J40
588 RTX
MD2
Trusty Rusty

The only thing pressing I guess for me though is a wedge set, I'm playing my wedges well right now but have a mismatched set and lofts I need to tighten up.

Might want to wait on your wedge decision for a little bit.

Hybrids:
J40 Hybrids
BioCell Hybrids
X2hot hybrids

Fairway Woods:
Big Bertha 3W
J40 3W
BioCell 3W

J40
588 RTX
MD2
Trusty Rusty

The only thing pressing I guess for me though is a wedge set, I'm playing my wedges well right now but have a mismatched set and lofts I need to tighten up.
If u decide to go the MD2 route let me know

Hybrids:
J40 Hybrids
BioCell Hybrids
X2hot hybrids

Fairway Woods:
Big Bertha 3W
J40 3W
BioCell 3W

J40
588 RTX
MD2
Trusty Rusty

I you still want to try the bio hybrids and 3 wood when the ohio trip happens in October you are more than welcome to swing mine.

Pondering selling my SC. Don't know if I have it in me though. But after having a 3 wood for the first time ever, I'm loving it. Might be looking into one of the newer ones like BB or Bio Cell

Pondering selling my SC. Don't know if I have it in me though. But after having a 3 wood for the first time ever, I'm loving it. Might be looking into one of the newer ones like BB or Bio Cell
I'm so in love with my Bertha 3w, like damn. I'm waiting for my driver head to arrive so I've been using it off the tee and its a bomber. Also super easy to hit off deck its treated me really well

Pondering a 3w with a big ol face on it.

Outside of that I think I'm going back to xhot driver so I'll ponder something better than that which I haven't found yet

Hybrids:
J40 Hybrids
BioCell Hybrids
X2hot hybrids

Fairway Woods:
Big Bertha 3W
J40 3W
BioCell 3W

J40
588 RTX
MD2
Trusty Rusty

On your fairway woods: the original X Hot fairway woods from last year are really good and can be bought for cheap right now at multiple places. The J40 fairway wood for me was difficult to hit off of the fairway due to the head size (I prefer a smaller head in the FW), but you may be different.

In full ponder mode for a 6 iron to replace my a12 OS 6 hybrid. I have confirmed that I want an iron-shaped head for the 6 now.

Current leading contender (based only on reviews) is the Baffler XL 6i. Also willing to try out the cleveland MT and 588 lines. All of those can be bought as single clubs from the OEM for a good price.

I'd also like to try that New Idea 6 "hybrid iron" which may fit the bill and also keeps me in Adams, but I have not found anyplace to buy it as a single club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back