Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

I recently dropped my 17/20/23 degree Ping G25 hybrids that I mixed in with a Xhot 25 for a X2Hot 19 5 wood and 22 Hybrid with the Aldila Blue stiff (more of an R+). The 22 is definitely my 190-200 yd tee shot club now. I haven't had time to really practice much with them to note the exact difference from the 5w but I'd guess the 5w goes about 215-220.

The original Xhot 25 is still in the bag but will get upgraded soon as I prefer both the hybrids match (OCD issues). Maybe I'll spring for the upgraded Ozik shaft or something instead of the blue but I really do like the Xhot stock shaft in stiff. It's more of an R+ and works for me.

Just purchased this club from golfsmith for 135.00$ with a coupon. Want to know peoples opinions in one sentence.

Just purchased this club from golfsmith for 135.00$ with a coupon. Want to know peoples opinions in one sentence.

Freaky long and straight.

Id say start at page 1.
Tons of great info in here..I mean tons!

Hook machine with a hot face.

I think the shaft may just be a bad fit for me, and I haven't had the time to put anything else in there. I did not demo it before I bought it ( well, I hit it into a net at Dicks ) so that is on me. My son had a lesson the other night, and the pro gave me few minutes and I told him about the issue I was having with it. He let me hit some balls, and tried to figure it out. He eventually said that he just didn't think the club was a good fit for me, especially after he watched me stripe my old Adams hybrid. I do think if I can get the right shaft in here it will be a missile launcher.

Hook machine with a hot face.

I think the shaft may just be a bad fit for me, and I haven't had the time to put anything else in there. I did not demo it before I bought it ( well, I hit it into a net at Dicks ) so that is on me. My son had a lesson the other night, and the pro gave me few minutes and I told him about the issue I was having with it. He let me hit some balls, and tried to figure it out. He eventually said that he just didn't think the club was a good fit for me, especially after he watched me stripe my old Adams hybrid. I do think if I can get the right shaft in here it will be a missile launcher.

You just hitting stock tour blue? Tour green could be a better fit. The pro head might be a better fit, too because it has less of a draw bias

You just hitting stock tour blue? Tour green could be a better fit. The pro head might be a better fit, too because it has less of a draw bias

That's what I was thinking. I demoed at Golfsmith and the standard with the blue shaft was awful for me compared to the green.

I am still loving both of mine. Nothing really new to report. Good swings are rewarded with absolute ropes that just go and go

Thanks everyone for there input.
will let you know how it works for me, I demoed the blue shaft and the green and the blue fit me more because of my lower swing speed. I also like the face of the stock better the the tour.

Snagged a 23* pro off the bay. Already have the d+ 92s shaft waiting for it. Most likely will be knocking the 4 iron out of the bag.

I still think I am hitting the 16* X2Hot Pro the same distance as the regular X2Hot 4H. Obviously a swing issue.

Really looking forward to seeing a proper distance gap between the two.

The X2Hot hybrids are just so, so good. I only upgraded from the XHots, but these just blow them out of the water for me. There were three par 3s last weekend where I was able to pull hybrid from 170+ and land it within 30 feet (best of which was 4 feet). Played nine yesterday and had the same kind of shot (168 and 174) and left one online 20 feet short, and hit the other pin high maybe 30 feet right. They just don't make clubs that allow me that kind of control and accuracy from those ranges.

I'm seriously pondering finding (or ordering) a 5H with the stiff blue shaft as well.

The X2Hot hybrids are just so, so good. I only upgraded from the XHots, but these just blow them out of the water for me. There were three par 3s last weekend where I was able to pull hybrid from 170+ and land it within 30 feet (best of which was 4 feet). Played nine yesterday and had the same kind of shot (168 and 174) and left one online 20 feet short, and hit the other pin high maybe 30 feet right. They just don't make clubs that allow me that kind of control and accuracy from those ranges.

I'm seriously pondering finding (or ordering) a 5H with the stiff blue shaft as well.

I play the pro version just bc I like the smaller head, but forgiveness on these is amazing as well. They are long as all get out , but miss hits still retain decent distances. I have the 23* & 20* in my bag & they just make those 180-215 shots no brainers now. The best thing is the confidence they give at address.

I can attest that donne is absolute money with these hybrids. I didn't hit them as well as he did on the course, but have since gotten on the range and love them. Long, piercing trajectory, and laterally forgiving.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Slowly getting used to mine - the free hybrid with driver was a great deal and both are clearly brilliant clubs... The hybrid is as ever, really good off the tee, fairway and the rough and when hit well it really flies. Just need to sort myself out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slowly getting used to mine - the free hybrid with driver was a great deal and both are clearly brilliant clubs... The hybrid is as ever, really good off the tee, fairway and the rough and when hit well it really flies. Just need to sort myself out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where is that deal

I HAAAATED the X2 Hot 3 Hybrid I have. Too low launching for me. I contemplated breaking it a few times. Then I got the 5 hybrid with the Matrix Altus shaft in it and it is a game changed. Fills the 180-190 gap PERFECTLY for me.

I still think I am hitting the 16* X2Hot Pro the same distance as the regular X2Hot 4H. Obviously a swing issue.

Really looking forward to seeing a proper distance gap between the two.

Tough club for normal people to hit. That loft and the weighting are made for the big swingers.

I have the 5h and it is fantastic. It is definitely worth a swing! You are more than welcome to swing mine at the Gauntlet if you hold out that long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Tough club for normal people to hit. That loft and the weighting are made for the big swingers.

Hmmm... there must be something about my swing that likes heavy clubs. I'm not a big swinger by any means (upper 90s driver ss), but I couldn't hit the regular XHot2 very well. The pro is great for me and much easier to hit! I had thought it was the shaft, but maybe its that plus the overall club weight.

These hybrids are just special. Don't know why I kept the 4 iron in the bag as long as I did. 2nd round with the 23 pro and I hit two fantastic shots with it today.

I also roped a beautiful draw with the 20 on a short short par 4 that left me only 100 in. 235 yard bomb.

I have the 5h and it is fantastic. It is definitely worth a swing! You are more than welcome to swing mine at the Gauntlet if you hold out that long.

I appreciate the offer, but I couldn't resist and ordered one from Callaway Preowned which was delivered today. Got to get the right grip on it, but very excited to see if it can live up to it's lower lofted siblings.

I appreciate the offer, but I couldn't resist and ordered one from Callaway Preowned which was delivered today. Got to get the right grip on it, but very excited to see if it can live up to it's lower lofted siblings.

Enjoy it, there are fun to hit. I am still working out some things with it. For some reason I am hitting everything an inch off center toward the toe. It still goes a mile!

I have never had a hybrid that I liked, have tried to like them but in the end never really liked them. I recently picked up an X2 Hot 6H to fill a gap. Finally got a chance to use it today. I can say I liked that, nice compact design, easy to hit and straight.

Back