New video game "The Golf Club"

In case anyone is interested, this is 20% off on Steam right now (PC version)...making it $27.99. Finally took the plunge.

In case anyone is interested, this is 20% off on Steam right now (PC version)...making it $27.99. Finally took the plunge.

How are you liking it?

How are you liking it?

I've played 5-6 rounds so far. Graphics are nice for total 3D. I haven't figured out how to get my gamepad to make a swing, so I've been playing mouse/keyboard. Physics seem really good, but partial swings are incredibly tough with mouse sensitivity. Love the execution of the course library, and having limitless, user created courses at your fingertips...and some of the top user courses are far better than the HB Studios courses. I had hoped that more real courses would have been designed by now, really haven't found any. Stats are still not included, but look like they are still to come.

I have not had as much time as I would like to play it but I've been reading the change logs and it seems like the pc version wont be optimized until the stupid console version is submitted to sony and microsoft. At least the pc version is getting plenty of bug fixes but it needs a lot of optimization. I do have a ton of hole layouts in my mind that I cant wait to design.

I suspect real courses will get designed when the game comes out for full release. HB Studios say they are pretty sure current courses will stay, but they won't confirm it. Someone probably doesn't want to spend the time recreating Augusta or TPC Sawgrass or the like without the assurance it won't disappear.

I too have been waiting for what seems like FOREVER for this game to come out. I could play it on my PC, but I'd much rather wait for the console.

~Rock

I suspect real courses will get designed when the game comes out for full release. HB Studios say they are pretty sure current courses will stay, but they won't confirm it. Someone probably doesn't want to spend the time recreating Augusta or TPC Sawgrass or the like without the assurance it won't disappear.

I too have been waiting for what seems like FOREVER for this game to come out. I could play it on my PC, but I'd much rather wait for the console.

~Rock

I had noticed and was a bit surprised that I didn't see anything that looked like a real course recreation. There is a lot to like about the game in my opinion, but having only played it with mouse and keyboard, it seems like it really wants to be played with a controller.

I had noticed and was a bit surprised that I didn't see anything that looked like a real course recreation. There is a lot to like about the game in my opinion, but having only played it with mouse and keyboard, it seems like it really wants to be played with a controller.

I thought you could just plug in an XBone controller or PS4 controller with no issue? I'm a fan of their 'vision' of the game. A more realistic golf game (no 350 yard bombs) and one heck of a course creator.

~Rock

I thought you could just plug in an XBone controller or PS4 controller with no issue? I'm a fan of their 'vision' of the game. A more realistic golf game (no 350 yard bombs) and one heck of a course creator.

~Rock

You may very well be able to...but I don't have either yet (playing the PC version). I haven't even had time to play with the course creator, but yeah, for a game that hasn't even hit release yet, the golf experience is pretty good. Need to adjust their spin mechanisms as 8- and 9-irons roll out 15-20 yards upon landing on full shots, but the physics models and ball interaction with terrain is pretty great.

XB1 controller works AWESOME on a PC.
Just use the charging cable, or probably any microUSB, and download these drivers.

I know people have been waiting for this announcement

Excited

I know people have been waiting for this announcement

Awesome news. Wonder how long it takes to be released...

They are saying weeks, so less than a month. My guess from following other console releases is probably 3 weeks...

So, still playing the PC version, but I acquired a wired XBox 360 controller to hook up to it, and it is night and day a better way to play this game than using the keyboard. Clearly it is designed to be a console/controller game.

Their 7/11 Dev Diary post stated weeks and not months.

We’ve now got a week or so to wait until we hear back from them with regards to whether or not we are ready to hit the store. It’s highly likely that we’ll get a report back with a few minor things that will need changing before we submit again, as this happens 90% of the time especially when working on a new generation of consoles.
While we’re waiting we’re going to focus on PC. Improving Keyboard and mouse controls being one of the big things to look at as well as continued optimisation.
The next couple of weeks are going to be pretty exciting and there are some big announcements on the horizon. One of which being the actual release date! Now that we’ve submitted we’re only a matter a weeks away– it’s just that defining the exact date is still a little hard until we receive final approval.

It is official, Cross-Platform Sharing of courses is allowed. This means that a course designed on PS4 can be played on XB1 or PC and Vice-Versa. I am very happy to hear this. Game should be out within a month at the most I would think.

http://thegolfclubgame.com/2014/07/21/golf-club-will-cross-platform-course-sharing/

I love that they pulled this off. I've noticed a few weak attempts at user created real courses out there recently. Can't wait to see what folks are able to do with the tools.

I just read the great news as well. Cross platform sharing, and it sounds as though they will be able to implement cross platform play/competition as well sometime in the future.

Im no expert, but i have to believe one of the reasons they thought they would have to resubmit was their inclusion of cross platform course sharing.

Here is to hoping they dont have to resubmit and they can just release it to consoles.

~Rock

Just read in teir forums that they have an anticipated release date of the week of august 23, but its not set in stone yet.

~Rock

I hope this is true, this game has me intrigued more and more

Just read in teir forums that they have an anticipated release date of the week of august 23, but its not set in stone yet.

~Rock

Yup. Microsoft and Sony had a few minor things for them to clean up so they are doing that and the resubmitting it next week.

I might actually give this game a try. Seeing as the new EA game incorporates aspects of Battlefield 4 into it...I'm not very excited about it.

Back