What are you building? (Club style)

Just putting my TM TP CB irons together, glued the heads on and have cut the shafts to length just need to put the grips on now.

Does the x hot 3 deep Pro use a special ferrule or just a standard wood .335 ferrule?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a few clubs that will need assembly once all of the parts come in.

Callaway XHP 9.5* - Getting fitted with a Matrix MFS Orange
Callaway XHP 4w - Not sure what shaft yet, leaning toward black tie 8m3
Bridgestone Airmuscle 18* - Getting an MFS 40+ Strong to match my irons
Taylormade ATV 58* - Getting an Accra SP high spin wedge shaft

Does the x hot 3 deep Pro use a special ferrule or just a standard wood .335 ferrule?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It uses a collared ferrule, but I have been able to use standard ones with no issue.

Put these together last night. This is just the 5.

ajahuhum.jpg

9any5avu.jpg

uqa2a4yg.jpg

Those turned out sweeeeet.

Sure did

Wow. Some seriously good looking sticks rhere

This was my first ever attempt at club building. Shafts and grips that I won and then brought the heads off Cookie. Here they are just letting the grips dry, I have put on the shaft stickers since this photo.

Let's have some fun.

8esedeje.jpg

gypyta3a.jpg

Nice Lopsta. Those are DPC heads correct?

JM

Just put a new adapter on old shaft to try in BBA head.

Thinking after I settle in after the move the Callaway prototypes will be getting new shafts and grips.

Nice Lopsta. Those are DPC heads correct?

JM

Thanks JM. They are TM Tour Preferred CB heads. I wouldn't have minded some DPC heads but these came up when I was looking and Cookie gave me a great deal so went with them.

FINALLY finishing extending my two M3's to 36" and regripping them.

Also pulled out all of the old shaft pulls I plan on tinkering with post MC now.

Did my first adapter and grip install tonight. I ended up spending more on supplies than had I taken it in, but now I know how to do it for the future. Callaway adapter on a PX LZ60 with a Golf Pride NDMC grip. Looks good from afar.

ajese6u9.jpg

Finally installed my Elements Chrome into a Cally adapter.

Also installed a new KBS Hi-Rev into a 49* Niblick (1st gen).

Finally took the time to get my Recoil Proto 125 and IHS-991 Spin Proto into my MD2 Tour Grind wedges. Just was playing too much to have time to let them set. Liked them with the S300, but I feel like I will love them with the UST graphite!

Also hotmelted my Big Bertha 3w to get the swing weight up. Think it will make a huge difference and man did it mute the sound. Just bouncing a ball off the face produces a far more muted sound. Can't wait to hit it and really see how it feels and sounds. Added about 10g to the head.

Cut prepped the dg tour x100 and gripped with lamkin crossline cord and put on white ferrules. Still debating which heads to put them in

3d7b2bf22aa7e17273771ff41295d3f0.jpg

Dry install to swing weight them. Waiting on delivery of tip weights to finish them. Looks good. Currently at d0 so need some quite a bit of weight to get to my fitted specs. Should i be worried about it being too draw prone with 12g tip weights?
d5d7f8756f4da2059e9b4c2f99d51968.jpg
c4e4f9c0c67650367d380f1cc56b5467.jpg

Finally took the time to get my Recoil Proto 125 and IHS-991 Spin Proto into my MD2 Tour Grind wedges. Just was playing too much to have time to let them set. Liked them with the S300, but I feel like I will love them with the UST graphite!

Also hotmelted my Big Bertha 3w to get the swing weight up. Think it will make a huge difference and man did it mute the sound. Just bouncing a ball off the face produces a far more muted sound. Can't wait to hit it and really see how it feels and sounds. Added about 10g to the head.

School me on the hotmelting process if you don't mind?

What do I need and how should I proceed? I wouldn't mind taking some lead off a few clubs.

Dry install to swing weight them. Waiting on delivery of tip weights to finish them. Looks good. Currently at d0 so need some quite a bit of weight to get to my fitted specs. Should i be worried about it being too draw prone with 12g tip weights?
d5d7f8756f4da2059e9b4c2f99d51968.jpg
c4e4f9c0c67650367d380f1cc56b5467.jpg

No, they wont affect flight that much in the irons

Back