sabig27

Reaction score
Handicap
So I got in the mail yesterday a flyer from Bayou Golf Course in McMinville, Or. It was a membership offer for three years of free golf (not including carts, range and such, but I walk so no biggie) for $157 per person. The course is about a 25 minute ride from my house, but I was intrigued. I called the course and it was not a gimmick. All the golf I want 7 days a week for three years for $157. The golf shop said it is a limited offer with only a certain number of slots available. Their theory is that I will bring friends that pay full green fees, rent a cart and spend more money (food,etc..) at a course that I would not likely go to if I had to pay regular green fees since I live a little bit away.

The course is a 9 hole course, but is 3200 yards long (6400 yards for 18). I only played it once a few years ago, and it was in ok shape, but for the price, I bought a membership for me and my wife. Crazy how golf courses these days are trying to make ends meet.

That's a heck of a deal. Enjoy the golf.

~Rock

Sure that's a little bit of a drive, but for that cost....TOTALLY worth it! $53 per year. That's basically three 18 hole rounds of golf a year to cover that cost. You should do that deal.

That is a sweet deal. I wish I could find something like that near me. The Misses really wants to learn the game and that would be perfect. She is typically only good for 9 holes anyway as she loses interest. Lol.

Just joineda club myself for a ridiculously low price. They are really trying to make ends meet.

It sounds like the same membership that we ran last year at both of our courses except our fee was a bit more.
One of our courses allows walkers but the other has a mandatory cart rule so everyone must pay a cart fee.

Sure that's a little bit of a drive, but for that cost....TOTALLY worth it! $53 per year. That's basically three 18 hole rounds of golf a year to cover that cost. You should do that deal.

Three 18 holes rounds he says.. It's one here in Europe. Still that price is unbeatable! Congrats and happy playing :)

That's ridiculously cheap. I'm jealous. Congrats.

Bring on the deals! My home course just took out a $125k loan just to operate. They already charge more than most local courses...

That is a crazy good deal. Congrats and enjoy!

For that amount of money, can't imagine not purchasing it. You can recoup that much in a short period of time and play a lot of golf!

Unfortunately I think many courses are going to offer "deals" for memberships/lifetime memberships as a money grab over the next year or two. The owners may know their days are numbered due to loans/slow revenue/etc and make offers that they know they will never fulfill.

Nice deal. I drive 25+ minutes to most courses I play.

Great deal, you know I like that!

That is a heck of a deal. I'd have done it as well! Awesome you got to take advantage of it.

Man hell of a deal 4 sure

Always looking for those kinds of deals, what with the amount of golf I play. My home club charges $150 a year, which I thought was the best deal going. It's nice to have 2 or 3 of those kinds of memberships, so as to play different courses often. My home club also offers all the Free golf you want for those donating 150 hours (YR) as a volunteer. The course is completely volunteer maintained.

great deal, i would have jumped on it too!

Man there must be some seriously struggling clulbs out there.

The club I am probably going to join was 1200 for this year and all of next and that is DIRT cheap for here. It's not the nicest club in the area but far above any muni.

I mentioned in another thread that the 9 hole down the street from me is actively telling people to book discounted rounds there through GolfNow on their social media platforms. Just around the corner from them is a very nice long time private course that not only just went semi-private, but they are also now on GolfNow as well offering discounted rounds. A number of courses in the area also just increased their twilight hours to try and get more people in, and it seems like I'm seeing a LOT of package deals being advertised now.

I mentioned in another thread that the 9 hole down the street from me is actively telling people to book discounted rounds there through GolfNow on their social media platforms. Just around the corner from them is a very nice long time private course that not only just went semi-private, but they are also now on GolfNow as well offering discounted rounds. A number of courses in the area also just increased their twilight hours to try and get more people in, and it seems like I'm seeing a LOT of package deals being advertised now.
Which one went semi private?

I saw that in an MGA email a month or so ago. How is that course? Maybe a SE MA/Rhodey THP go-to?

Oh nice, I'll have to get over there. I've heard it's nice

I was supposed to play it a few weeks ago, but they were having a tournament and I ended up in Rochester. The course is in great shape, a friend of mine played it last week and said it both looked and played wonderful. Between their twilight deals and GolfNow, you can play there for a very decent price, around $40-$50 with cart depending on day/time IIRC.

Back