The Poutine Thread

Hey Canadan - Poutine As Fast Food

Hey Canadan - Poutine As Fast Food

I dont see an egg on that Peter. :banghead:
The egg was on the shake shack burger, which I didn't take a picture of, as it's an everyday occurrence...and I don't want to brag.

Last edited:
Grilled Cheese with braised short rib and Poutine de Peru from lunch trucks today.

ydeju6e6.jpg

Dan, I still owe you a shot of the burger with poutine on it. I'll get it done before I leave Chicago.

I'm going to be honest with you Aaron, that doesn't look like poutine at all!!!!
I went by what they said - now I need to see the real deal.

I ate a poutine pizza last week, looked weird but had to try it.

its pretty much a pizza with poutine sauce and fries and pizza cheese on it.... will not eat that again

That does not sound good at all.

That does not sound good at all.

nope, it wasnt. but I tend to order weird things when I see them on the menu, especially if it says poutine

nope, it wasnt. but I tend to order weird things when I see them on the menu, especially if it says poutine

Can't say I blame you.

its pretty much a pizza with poutine sauce and fries and pizza cheese on it.... will not eat that again
For some reason that just sounds like a big mess.

Hmmm...I think it could work if done right. I mean, I'll eat anything on pizza, but that's for a different thread.

I'm watching a show right now called Phantom Gourmet, a restaurant review show for foodies around Boston. They showed a new place called Bostonian Public House and they offer a Poutine made with Tater Tots topped with cheese and a peppery brown gravy. Looks like I'll be going to Boston soon

One of the best poutines un the Montreal area
bu8a2e5u.jpg

It is pretty Darn good

So we can confirm that Canadians like soggy fries.

I'm not a fan of the to-go poutine. Must be eaten on the spot to avoid the full sog.
Totally agree, i took it to go, just because i wanted to eat on the Park just neige the potato shack
3yvydaru.jpg

So, that looks good.

Found a place I can get real cheese curds, this may need to happen next week. With pic's of course.

So, that looks good.

Found a place I can get real cheese curds, this may need to happen next week. With pic's of course.
The secret is in the layering, curds, fries, curds, curds, fries, curds and sauce

So, that looks good.

I need to sell the wife on a deep fryer. Except, I'll need to sell myself on a new workout regimen at the same time hahahaha

Now i might have to eat some foie gras poutine tonight...
Have you ever been to Au Pied De Cochon? Picard is the #1 reason I want to come to Canada...amongst others.
photo_zps701bc228.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back