Callaway Apex Irons Review Thread

Was considering the ap2s also...but the apex are more forgiving so went with them.

Played a few rounds and really like these irons. Great feel and plenty of forgiveness. 4 iron has been a great club for short tight par 4 tee shots. Still need some more time with them but don't see going back to my J40 dpc.

My decision is between these and AP2's....

I just recently got fitted. The fitter had me hit AP 2's, I-25's, Apex, Apex Pro and Mizuno mp 54. The Apex was the standout of the group. I ended up with the Apex pro. The forgiveness and the distance are amazing. Very happy with them.

Surprisingly, these have got their work cut out for them to get back into the bag. Leading into the MC it was always a forgone conclusion for me that I would just come home. put these back in the bag, and live happily ever after.

The ugly duckling Bio's though are putting up a fight, but its one that gets settled this week. I'll be pitting these and the Bio's against eachother from the same situations, it really should be crazy interesting.

Surprisingly, these have got their work cut out for them to get back into the bag. Leading into the MC it was always a forgone conclusion for me that I would just come home. put these back in the bag, and live happily ever after.

The ugly duckling Bio's though are putting up a fight, but its one that gets settled this week. I'll be pitting these and the Bio's against eachother from the same situations, it really should be crazy interesting.

I heard nothing but good things about the Bios in Myrtle.

I'm in the same situation of the J40s vs the Apex. Both sets are stellar, have their own merits, and offer something a little bit different. I will gaming the J40s for the time being, but going forward, it's going to be a tough decision on which set to game.

I'm loving my Apex irons. such a great combination of forgiveness, feel, and distance. A club longer or more than my old gamers, with higher launch and more spin. Some of that is the shaft, I imagine, but these just hold greens reliably.

I'm loving my Apex irons. such a great combination of forgiveness, feel, and distance. A club longer or more than my old gamers, with higher launch and more spin. Some of that is the shaft, I imagine, but these just hold greens reliably.

Which recoil shaft is in yours again?

The 660 F3.

I'm in the same boat with my new clubs...never thought I'd Ponder parting ways with the apex....

Unlike both of you, these aren't leaving my bag anytime soon. I absolutely love them.

Unlike both of you, these aren't leaving my bag anytime soon. I absolutely love them.

Lets face it, I talk a big game. This week will settle it for me.

+1 There. It took me a week to get my distances figured out but now that I do, I am so confident with them. I was never so consistent with the X-14s that they replaced.

Now if I can stop myself from laying 3 on the tee I may actually get that handicap where I want it to be.

Unfortunately I may not have a choice which blows but it is what it is

Not a chance of that happening in the bag to stay....

As a matter of fact going to put an extra set up for sale though for someone shortly.

I need to spend some serious time with these soon. Cant seem to find anyone around here with a set I can mess with.

I need to spend some serious time with these soon. Cant seem to find anyone around here with a set I can mess with.

I woulda let you mess with mine if you hadn't thrown a ball at me in my backswing off the tee.

Zing!

I woulda let you mess with mine if you hadn't thrown a ball at me in my backswing off the tee.

Zing!

:Edit: Removed for off topic banter

Last edited:
It's officially on, apex w CTL vs bio w tour r+'. Tomorrow this gets settled.

I'm excited.

It's officially on, apex w CTL vs bio w tour r+'. Tomorrow this gets settled.

I'm excited.
I can't wait to hear what happens in the head's up battle.

I'm getting my Apex irons in later this week, then off to the club builder to pull the shafts that are in them now and get PXi shafts put in. Hoping that process is speedy, want to have them ready to go by mid-August so I can have an Apex vs. DPC battle in the last few months of my golfing season up here.

Knowing that you are playing these with the Programs makes me even more excited to find a set of these to put my programs in!

.....and I'm liking mine much, much better since I had them bent 1 degree flat yesterday. Sometimes it's the little things that just dial everything in. Still think the offset looks weird at address though, especially on the wedges-9.

I am also now thinking though that I should have gotten them soft stepped twice from stiff instead of once (or hard stepped up from Reg)....there are times when I just have to go at it a bit more than I want to.

Just got mine this week. 5-PW. 1 deg up. PX flighted 5.5 First competitive round with them today. Best feeling clubs I've owned in a long time. Just need to get distances figured out. Had the X2HotPro's. Seems like they were just a smige longer. The Apex give me a much tighter dispersion on the range. I'm pretty sure after today these are in the bag to stay for some time. Did I say how much I love the way they feel.

Had a chance to play a quick nine today. This was only the second time I've had these on a course. On one hole I had 158 to the pin, a little breeze from right to left. I was torn: hit the 8, my 160 club, or the 9, my 150 club. Decided on the nine. Pin high, 15 feet left. Oh my Lord! The feel of that shot, plus, 158?! Holy moly! I hit 7/9 greens! These irons are amazing.

Back