Tiger Woods Injury - What Does The Future Hold?

Wow! The guy wind Five last year, gets hurt and now some got him in retirement.He is still one of the best golfers out there. He will win more then just one more major before all is said and done.Did he come back to soon ? Yes that was made clear today.<><

Did you read the piece written by Josh Babbit?

Along with MJ and Pedro Martinez, Tiger's one of the few athletic geniuses I've ever had the pleasure to watch. But his desire to compete is ruining his body -- and, as a result, his ability to compete.

Wow! The guy wind Five last year, gets hurt and now some got him in retirement.He is still one of the best golfers out there. He will win more then just one more major before all is said and done.Did he come back to soon ? Yes that was made clear today.<><

Im curious if you read the article listed in the 1st post from the THP Tour Spot? While I agree some have him done, the article sure didn't and had some interesting questions. It also listed his stats this year in entirety which are "unique" for Woods and while he won 5 times last year, that was quite a while ago when looking at those numbers.

I hope he shuts it down until 2015. I hope he seals council for what ever demons are eating at him. I hope he makes his meetings with another top teacher permanent and I hope he returns to form.

Are you saying he has been meeting with another top teacher already?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Inquiring minds want to know!

Tiger is friends with Keegan right? Chuck Cook might be in Tiger's future. Just irresponsibly spitballing.

Tiger is friends with Keegan right? Chuck Cook might be in Tiger's future. Just irresponsibly spitballing.

It'll be interesting to see for sure. I like anyone besides Foley at this point. Never been a big fan.

It means a long lay off, new instructor, new swing and old excuses.

Great thoughts and ones I share as well. I think he just tried to much to early. If he wants to be golfing for many years to come and make a good run at Nickalus' record, I think he needs to shut it down for the rest of the year and get strength back.

In regards to Foley, dump him. Follow Fowler and go back to Butch. I think if he did that and worked hard this offseason to get his strength and swing back he could once again be the dominant force we are all accustomed to.

I hope he just shuts it down and focuses on next year. He needs to realize that he is running out of time and he isn't invisible anymore

RIP Tiger's career....

You were the greatest. Thank you for many years of greatness!

If tiger comes back, itll be late 2014. I think he'd be better off wainting until 2015.

If tiger sticks with foley, i hope he at least knows why he is staying with him. Injuries aside, i havent seen the near perfect tiger in quite some time.

~Rock

The most fitting end for this saga would be a return to Butch for one last run.

The most fitting end for this saga would be a return to Butch for one last run.

I was actually talking about this today - if Tiger'd actually do something like that or not in order to try and rebuild his swing around his current body. He did great things with Butch in the early going, but if it's true about how he won't deal with anyone once he's written them off, I doubt it happens.

I was actually talking about this today - if Tiger'd actually do something like that or not in order to try and rebuild his swing around his current body. He did great things with Butch in the early going, but if it's true about how he won't deal with anyone once he's written them off, I doubt it happens.

We'll see how important Jack's record is in the coming months

I wonder how long it takes him to fully recover, he obviously hasn't!

I think that he should just call it a year bow out of the Ryder Cup and Try come back in January in hopefully in better shape

My opinion is he needs to shut it down for the season... After reading The Big Miss by Hank Haney, I became convinced that Tiger would never catch Jack's record. The knee is shot and everything that he has done since with swing changes has been to protect the knee, and now that has caused back trouble. Chalk up the season as lost, fire his swing coach and prepare for next year...

Dax

I think he needs to shut it down for the yr but don't think he will.

I hope he finds a new swing coach or goes at it on his own. He is his own enemy with his swing he doesn't know how to not go 150% at every shot.

He needs to find a swing that is not so violent and uses less pure strength to put the ball in play.

I think he needs to learn how to swing at 80% and he will be fine. Get rid of the driver and stick to fairways. His iron game is so good that even with mid to long irons he can have more than enough birdie looks to stay competitive. I'm just getting so sick of watching him basically self inflict all of this

I think he needs to learn how to swing at 80% and he will be fine. Get rid of the driver and stick to fairways. His iron game is so good that even with mid to long irons he can have more than enough birdie looks to stay competitive. I'm just getting so sick of watching him basically self inflict all of this

The problem with that line of thinking is look at who are the top guys in the game right now, guys like Adam Scott, Rory McIlroy, Justin Rose, Sergio Garcia, Bubba Watson. All of those guys can drive the ball over 300 yards with regularity and drive it pretty straight (maybe excluding Bubba). When Tiger was dominating, he was one of the longest hitters in the game, he needs to be able to get back to that type of play. He can't go out there and hit 3 wood all day and give up 30-40 yards on those guys and expect to win tournaments doing that.

One other thing about switching coaches, it's not just on Tiger to do that. He'd have to find a guy that can deal with the pressure and scrutiny of being Tiger's coach as well, a lot of coaches might not want to deal with that. But once a guy becomes Tiger's coach, his provide expands signficantly. I think the swing coach thing is overrated anyways, it's still about the guy that is swinging the club, not who the coach is. Ask most avid golf fans if they could name the coaches of Adam Scott and Rory McIlroy without consulting Google, and they wouldn't be able to do it.

The problem with that line of thinking is look at who are the top guys in the game right now, guys like Adam Scott, Rory McIlroy, Justin Rose, Sergio Garcia, Bubba Watson. All of those guys can drive the ball over 300 yards with regularity and drive it pretty straight (maybe excluding Bubba). When Tiger was dominating, he was one of the longest hitters in the game, he needs to be able to get back to that type of play. He can't go out there and hit 3 wood all day and give up 30-40 yards on those guys and expect to win tournaments doing that.

One other thing about switching coaches, it's not just on Tiger to do that. He'd have to find a guy that can deal with the pressure and scrutiny of being Tiger's coach as well, a lot of coaches might not want to deal with that. But once a guy becomes Tiger's coach, his provide expands signficantly. I think the swing coach thing is overrated anyways, it's still about the guy that is swinging the club, not who the coach is. Ask most avid golf fans if they could name the coaches of Adam Scott and Rory McIlroy without consulting Google, and they wouldn't be able to do it.
In the interested or fairness, those golfers haven't decided/been forced to overhaul their swings. When/if that turns out to be the case, the person they select to do that will probably face a lot of scrutiny, depending on how they react to swing changes. Also, whomever Adam Scott gets for a short game/putting coach in the next year or two will probably attract some interest given how long he's resisted getting rid of the longest club in his bag.

I wonder how much of a premium Tiger places on hitting fairways. It just seems like his efforts with his driver, and even now his longest fairway wood, don't seem to indicate they're much of a priority. I know that his injury probably precludes extended range sessions working driver, but so far it's really only his irons and wedges that give me any real feeling that it's a facet of his game he's keeping pace on.

Like lots have said I think he needs to write this year off. Im no expert but I would think the back is an important part of the golf swing and not having it 100% does not help at all. I think he needs to rest it a couple of months and then when its getting better maybe just some short game stuff to stay fresh and start it as a new year next year, maybe a new coach and new swing again might help and also get the mind in the right space then he could be back in the winners circle.

Back