Odyssey Putters Thread

2z5uno1.jpg

Following OUZO's photo format for this one.

Looks great guys.

If you see one of those covers around, let me know.

Man I forgot how great Odyssey inserts feel. Using the Tank Cruiser yesterday was awesome.

Man I forgot how great Odyssey inserts feel. Using the Tank Cruiser yesterday was awesome.

What model did you go with?

Well I figured it was time to see what all the goodness is about. Heard tons of great things and see the White Hot insert all over tour. Picked up this baby from CallawayPre-Owned, should be here by Friday and I'll have it on the course this weekend.

ODYSS_WHITEHOT_PRO_7CS-2.jpg

Well I figured it was time to see what all the goodness is about. Heard tons of great things and see the White Hot insert all over tour. Picked up this baby from CallawayPre-Owned, should be here by Friday and I'll have it on the course this weekend.

ODYSS_WHITEHOT_PRO_7CS-2.jpg

One thing for be coming from only playing milled was getting myself to hitting it harder than I normally do. Once I adjusted to that, distance control was better than my milled putters

One thing for be coming from only playing milled was getting myself to hitting it harder than I normally do. Once I adjusted to that, distance control was better than my milled putters

I believe it. Since I've been gaming the X2 for awhile, I'm hoping for a seamless transition but I would have to guess the WHP insert is a good bit softer than the X series.

I've got to start making some decisions on which model I like best, now having a #2, #2 CS, and #7 CS all from the White Hot Pro line (on top of 3-4 SeeMores). My wife is starting to get concerned with the number of putters that are around.

You're going to like the White Hot Pro insert #cookie. It's a good one. I had my eye on those center shafted #7's. If the Rossie ever goes south I think I'll try out one of those.

I've got to start making some decisions on which model I like best, now having a #2, #2 CS, and #7 CS all from the White Hot Pro line (on top of 3-4 SeeMores). My wife is starting to get concerned with the number of putters that are around.

always a good idea to have fall backs! :act-up: Which of the three WHP's are you leaning toward as your favorite?

Gotta decide if I'm going back to the numero uno. I think I'd change the grip if I did.

always a good idea to have fall backs! :act-up: Which of the three WHP's are you leaning toward as your favorite?

I've been mainly using the #2CS prior to the Morgan Cup, and am inclined to use the flow neck #2 now. Somewhere along the line, I have been converting to a blade man instead of the mallets I used to adore. Something about the big heads with a jumbo or SuperStroke grip just causes me major issues.

Strongly considering getting a Tank #1 or Tank Cruiser #1 Wide. I love the Tank I have, but have been thinking of going to a 34" model to address some setup issues caused by the 38" putter, and like Donne, I'm having more luck with blade style putters as of late.

I stumbled upon these beauties today!

I can't express how much I love my Odyssey Metal X #7, I've been putting the best I have in years. Distance control has been great and short putts are automatic, I don't know why I ever used any other putter the past few years.

I've been mainly using the #2CS prior to the Morgan Cup, and am inclined to use the flow neck #2 now. Somewhere along the line, I have been converting to a blade man instead of the mallets I used to adore. Something about the big heads with a jumbo or SuperStroke grip just causes me major issues.

I can play with just about any grip.....but not being able to use a THP headcover is where I start having serious issues. :angel:

I can play with just about any grip.....but not being able to use a THP headcover is where I start having serious issues. :angel:

While not the primary reason, that is a good one as well.

I'm still rolling my Protype #7 extremely well I just cant get myself to change to any other putter. I've tried a few but nothing aligns or feels near as well for me as this putter. I'm glad there has been a lot of love for the newer models that was used at the MC.

I stumbled upon these beauties today!
For them not to release this as only a limited Headcover during the WC this can only mean it's a new line for 2015.

And I'm guessing hex milled face.

For them not to release this as only a limited Headcover during the WC this can only mean it's a new line for 2015.

That makes sense. I wonder what they have up their sleeve?

Well if it is a new milled face I will definitely give it a try, I love the feel of my Protype and I think Odyssey does milled putters just as well as any other high end line out there.

I was thinking Hex milled as well - or maybe perhaps a hex pattern that has both White hot and milled inserts.

#1 wide. I think with time i could be lights out with this thing.

I've been pondering the #1 wide a lot lately.

#1 wide. I think with time i could be lights out with this thing.

I loved my #1W Tour Design Black Series. For some reason the 330M just sets up well.

Back