IMO Bionic glove is terrible!

bulldog

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN: 10.5
I bought 6 Bionic relax fit gloves & yet to have any of em last more than 2 rounds. All of em have ripped on the backside of the index finger or thumb or both places.
Sunday I pulled out a new glove (from package) to start the round and showed Shook & Spraytech. It didnt even make it to hole 7 before ripping on the backside of the index finger.
Personally I would highly discourage anyone from buying these.

Any chance you can return them?

If not, contact the manufacturer and express your displeasure.

The reason for this is simple. You scared the crap out of them and they are just trying to run away.

I bought em @ Edwin Watts when I went to KC golf show & I'm notorious for not saving receipts. I did just emailed Bionic with my displeasure.

The reason for this is simple. You scared the crap out of them and they are just trying to run away.

Man hands. lmao

Perhaps you have a bad batch. I would contact them and see if they might do something about it.

The Bionic Glove I have used for the past 4 years has held up great.

I don't know. I don't have much sympathy for a bad products, they ended up in the trash at the courses

I played Bionic gloves all of last year and didn't experience this at all. Are you sure you had the right size?

I would imagine you got a bad batch... I absolutely love Bionic gloves. I find them to be exceptionally durable.

I played Bionic gloves all of last year and didn't experience this at all. Are you sure you had the right size?

Yes. Fit was fine.

Bulldog, I think you did the right thing by contacting them and letting them know. They may send you some other ones or something. Let us know. I've been using the bionics for the past couple of years now with no problems and as a mechanical person at a power plant, I don't exactly have soft hands. My problem is the opposite, they last so long, they get kind of nasty from sweat and grime that I have to get rid of them. I don't remember which bionic glove I get off the top of my head, but I can look and let you know. Let us know if bionic gets back with you and what their response is.

10 Bionic Gloves to the tune of about 200 rounds the last 16 months and nothing like this has happened.

I hear ya. 6 loves is a hefty investment, and you want quality when you are outlaying that much cash.

I would think Bionic will fix you up and make it right.

I don't know. I don't have much sympathy for a bad products, they ended up in the trash at the courses

Obviously the glove shouldn't be tearing this quickly, but on a side note I would recommend the stable grip bionic over the relax grip glove. The relax glove has a synthetic back where the stable grip glove is 100% cabretta leather. I can get 2 years out of my stable grip, plus you can put it in the wash with your clothes and it comes out soft and feeling brand new.

I think this must be the reason. Gotta be Bulldog!!! I have used Bionic gloves and on my tender hands ( :laugh: ) they last 6-10 months easy. I think you use got yourself a bad batch or maybe it is just a bad finger!! :tongue:

I love the performance gloves, by far the most comfortable that I've used...however, i have found them to be terrible for durability as well.

I've never worn Bionic gloves, so I can't comment on them.

Gloves are whatever feels best to a person, IMO. I loved the super soft leather of the traditional FJ gloves, but they weren't durable at all in the high humidity we have here. So I've been playing the FJ GTxtreme glove for a few years now (it's gone through several name changes, but the glove is ultimately the same). Super durable for me, without feeling bulky on my hand.

~Rock

I bought a bionic in Nashville during the SEEMORE event. Have played every round since and it is holding up great.

I love my bionic gloves and they are holding pretty good imo, let us know how they respond to your email

I think Bionic has lowered their build quality to try to increase profit like too many others.

I got a "deal" on a set of 5 new RelaxGrip gloves at the end of 2013. I noticed right away that the ones I purchased had a completely different logo on the flap (a stylized angular "B") instead of the previous logo (a hand holding a circular lightning bolt).

This year, four out of the five new ones failed exactly as you described - tears on the index finger where my right hand interlocks. Some didn't even last a full round before ripping. I haven't opened the 5th one yet.

I found an older one for comparison that I had lying around unopened and have been using it for the last couple of weeks. It's noticeably better-made with much more padding on the palm and thicker leather all around. It's still doing fine after multiple rounds and range sessions. No tears and only what I consider "normal" wear.

This is very disappointing as I tried several glove brands before settling on the Bionics and now I'm back to glove hunting. I picked up a couple of Mizuno gloves a couple of weeks ago and they are next in line. Maybe we need to re-open the best-golf-gloves thread?

Ken

I bought 6 Bionic relax fit gloves & yet to have any of em last more than 2 rounds. All of em have ripped on the backside of the index finger or thumb or both places.
Sunday I pulled out a new glove (from package) to start the round and showed Shook & Spraytech. It didnt even make it to hole 7 before ripping on the backside of the index finger.
Personally I would highly discourage anyone from buying these.

Me too Ken, on glove hunting
Edit to add: I use a overlap grip

Hate to read this bulldog, I have used Bionic gloves in the past and always had them last much longer than anything except Hirzl gloves which last about the same as the Bionics.

I think Bionic has lowered their build quality to try to increase profit like too many others.

I got a "deal" on a set of 5 new RelaxGrip gloves at the end of 2013. I noticed right away that the ones I purchased had a completely different logo on the flap (a stylized angular "B") instead of the previous logo (a hand holding a circular lightning bolt).

This year, four out of the five new ones failed exactly as you described - tears on the index finger where my right hand interlocks. Some didn't even last a full round before ripping. I haven't opened the 5th one yet.

I found an older one for comparison that I had lying around unopened and have been using it for the last couple of weeks. It's noticeably better-made with much more padding on the palm and thicker leather all around. It's still doing fine after multiple rounds and range sessions. No tears and only what I consider "normal" wear.

This is very disappointing as I tried several glove brands before settling on the Bionics and now I'm back to glove hunting. I picked up a couple of Mizuno gloves a couple of weeks ago and they are next in line. Maybe we need to re-open the best-golf-gloves thread?

Ken
Reading this, and Bulldog's OP, it bums me out. I'm not that big of a glove person anyway, but when I do wear one, it was always Bionic. I'll have to pay closer attention to which ones are available around me.

I gamed several of these for months with high use each month and never had any issues. I have never heard of any issues. I'd say its a defect if it was one glove but all is a little crazy.

If you still want to try the Bionics it might be worth checking to see which logo is on the velcro flap.

I believe that the new logo shows which are the newer/more-cheaply-made gloves.

Back