2014 Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Keegan and Phil as of right now. Nobody else jumps at me for the 3rd slot.

That being said, with double points this week alot could change in those last several spots.

This is slightly tongue in cheek, but I'd consider taking Na and pairing him up with Furyk. Try to match them up with a Euro pair that likes to play fast, hopefully throw them off their game. A bit of gamesmanship to try to gain a point.

This is slightly tongue in cheek, but I'd consider taking Na and pairing him up with Furyk. Try to match them up with a Euro pair that likes to play fast, hopefully throw them off their game. A bit of gamesmanship to try to gain a point.

I like that thinking!

Duf is my favorite golfer, but unless he can get healthy and have a great showing defending the PGA, he's not someone you want on the team.

But if he's healthy, he did play incredibly well in 2012. You can tell even he gets jacked putting on the red white and blue.

Dufner is playing awful golf this year, hoping he falls off the list to be honest. Look at his last 5

May 29Memorial TournT19283-5$65,237.78
Jun 12US OpenCUT146$0
Jun 26QuickLoans NatCUT148$0
Jul 17Open ChampionshipT51289+1$25,030
Jul 31WGC-BridgestoneT66294+14$43,375

Man The USA is gonna get smoked. I've never bet on golf but if the odds are worth it I'm gonna put some serious scratch on the euros.

Man The USA is gonna get smoked. I've never bet on golf but if the odds are worth it I'm gonna put some serious scratch on the euros.

It could become quite funny and embarrassing for us(a).

This year is not looking good at all for team USA.

I love all the wet blankets in this thread (love some of you). When we are favorites we get it handed to us. Now everyone thinks we will get waxed. I guess that means the euros are in for a battle.

I love all the wet blankets in this thread (love some of you). When we are favorites we get it handed to us. Now everyone thinks we will get waxed. I guess that means the euros are in for a battle.
Boy i hope so. I hate blow outs either way.

Boy i hope so. I hate blow outs either way.
The squad we have is very talented. And virtually devoid of huge egos. I think they will come together with nothing to lose. No one is giving them a shot so they have nothing to lose.

Always works this way. I'm a Euro supporter, but being huge favorites doesn't tend to play well in the Ryder Cup.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Just announced Steve Stricker is the other Vice Captain.

Steve Stricker will be the second vice captain of this USA Ryder Cup squad. I like this pick. I just hope that this doesn't mean that Tiger is a lock as a captain's pick, as some on the Golf Channel are predicting.

I dont care for the outcome, but I just want an entertaining ryder cup

The bailing of coverage during Watson's pressed to cover tiger driving up says a ton about our view of the Ryder cup IMO.

The bailing of coverage during Watson's pressed to cover tiger driving up says a ton about our view of the Ryder cup IMO.

Have to agree with you.

Stricker will help the US team unleash their inner savage.

I hope your right Freddie cause on paper the Euros might not have to play on Sunday.

Or does it show how much Tiger really means to golf?

Or does it show how much Tiger really means to golf?

It shows our (US) need to sensationalize, I bet a dollar the Euro's wouldn't have cut away in the middle of their captains presser.

But, I'll save my thoughts for something coming soon. :alien:

Mr. Watson.

Rickie and Phil. MAKE. IT. HAPPEN.

Automatic 9 qualifiers for the US Team in order of points: Bubba Watson, Rickie Fowler, Jim Furyk, Jimmy Walker, Phil Mickelson, Matt Kuchar, Jordan Spieth, Patrick Reed, Zach Johnson.

Captain's picks will be made in 3.5 weeks after the Deutsche Bank Championship.

Last edited:
Rory scares me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back