2014 PGA Championship Contest & Thread - Custom Cobra Driver

Man was this an exciting day, glad it was good, really needed some excitement before the ryder cup rolls around

Well if he ends up with four majors I'll be good with that. Rickie made three bad swings all day. One cost him at the wrong time. I think he will get better and better over the next year
True. I think it's a question of whether Rory has plateaued. I thought for certain we saw the best golf he had last week, but he found another gear on the back 9 today. There's a tendency to think the guy on top will stop getting better, but I don't think that's the case with Rory.

I wonder how many people pocked Rory. Had to be alot but I see rickie was the most priced.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The game is is fine shape with Rory and Rickie leading the new wave.

Be the ball!!

I agree. I think this year we have seen the next era of great golfers ushered in and really hit their stride.

Did anyone pick McIlroy in the contest? :alien:

True. I think it's a question of whether Rory has plateaued. I thought for certain we saw the best golf he had last week, but he found another gear on the back 9 today. There's a tendency to think the guy on top will stop getting better, but I don't think that's the case with Rory.

I stated on twitter that '14 and '15 are Rors 2000-2001 and we will be treated to so epic play by him. I also think several others will be right on his heals.

I may have missed the beginning of the statement

Yeah Jack made that comment earlier in the week. Nantz was just repeating his statement.

So who really would call the round to stop? The players or the officials??

As long as one person in the group had teed off on 18, it's the players decision to finish or go in once the horn blows to end play for the day.

Americans had a good showing this weekend. JF, Phil and RF

yeah buddy, long list!!! Walker, Stricker, Mahan, Palmer, Fowler, Phil, Furyk, Sneds, Chappell... All within 6, dominating the top of the leaderboard.

Of that group, I really only relate to Phil and Fowler, but it's great to see it dominated by the home Country (with my boy DeLaet hanging out in the mix hahaha)

Ok, that sounds like Jack.

Yeah a buddy and me said it sounded like everybody's crazy uncle that everyone has to hear his tall tales. Ha

2014 PGA Championship Contest & Thread - Custom Cobra Driver

I stated on twitter that '14 and '15 are Rors 2000-2001 and we will be treated to so epic play by him. I also think several others will be right on his heals.

I think this is spot on. He just seems so much more confident and sure of himself. I think we are in for 10 great years of golf from this group. I'm very excited about that.

Last edited:
Did anyone pick McIlroy in the contest? :alien:

How many is the question. Mine was one of them. Didn't think I had a shot after his front nine but the eagle at 10 removed all doubt even though he was still one stroke back.

As long as one person in the group had teed off on 18, it's the players decision to finish or go in once the horn blows to end play for the day.
So they both could have called it then since the officials had the horn right??

If the horn in fact did ever blow. I didn't hear it though. Phil did say in his interview that they do this different one time a year. So maybe the horn didn't blow.

But I think all three players handled it with class, even though I feel they were all rushed a bit.

Horn only blows for inclement weather. Darkness at the end of the day is the players' call. Example: Scott Hoch in 2003 ended a playoff because he couldn't see on the 2nd playoff hole, him and Jim Furyk came back the next day. http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/story?id=1520888

Wow! Best major of the year, by a mile!! A great final day!! McIlroy is beyond being on fire at the moment. An absolute privilege to watch him play ay the moment. As for Ricky Fowler, I don't think he should be too disappointed. With that great looking new swing of his, it's only a matter of time till he wins a major championship. A great 4 days of golf! Time to start counting down the days again to Augusta LOL.

Fowler's swing is a great example for us amateur's to follow. Light grip pressure, a narrower stance than most. The stance promotes better turn and reduces sway for more control. Also it makes it easier to fire your right side and maximize power.

Was hoping that Phil or Rickie was going to pull it off. Hats off to Rory though for finishing strong. What a memorable day of golf.

Fowler's swing is a great example for us amateur's to follow. Light grip pressure, a narrower stance than most. The stance promotes better turn and reduces sway for more control. Also it makes it easier to fire your right side and maximize power.

Not for nothing, the right side follows the left. RF swing in slow motion would break most amateurs backs with the amount if lag he has and the reroute he has.

Not for nothing, the right side follows the left. RF swing in slow motion would break most amateurs backs with the amount if lag he has and the reroute he has.

I have found that I'm longer and straighter, and not one back problem. I'm almost 55 and I'm an RN who works in ICU, so my back can get tender.

I have found that I'm longer and straighter, and not one back problem. I'm almost 55 and I'm an RN who works in ICU, so my back can get tender.

I've always said, there are alway exception to the rule. If you can, I'd like to see your swing. Post a video in swing tips with Freddie Kong.
Cheers

Congrats to Rory!

I was hoping for Mikko Ilonen to take his first major, but believe that this weekend showed he has the potential!

I've always said, there are alway exception to the rule. If you can, I'd like to see your swing. Post a video in swing tips with Freddie Kong.
Cheers

I'll get some video when I play in the morning. I know I'm no where as athletic or flexible as a pro, but I've always been drawn to emulate flowing free swings and this iteration of my swing has the most power and accuracy that I've ever experienced

Back