Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Wedges Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has a new preview up with in hand pictures of the new wedges from Cleveland Golf. Quite a few THPers have already put these wedges in play at the 2014 Morgan Cup and will be able to provide feedback on them as well.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=23598

I might be jumping the gun slightly here, but do we have release dates (preferably UK) as I am considering the previous model and Callway Tour Grind wedges but if these are pretty imminent I may hold off a little longer.....?

Argh...just when I think I've got my next wedge in mind. I love the new finish.

P.s. Isn't it like 3am for you JB? Early start or late night?

Argh...just when I think I've got my next wedge in mind. I love the new finish.

P.s. Isn't it like 3am for you JB? Early start or late night?

I like the finish, but not 100% on the Rotex wording along either side of the grooves

I like what I read and see in the pictures. Can't wait to hear more from THPers that have games them.

A few in hand pics. I have the 50 in cb and 52 mb and 56 mb. Low bounce and standard bounce in mine as I have a pretty shallow or neutral angle of attack.

These wedges are absolutely phenomenal in so many ways. The finish to me is a cross between black pearl and satin and looks absolutely stunning in person.

I'm not one that typically gets balls to check up but it was darn near impossible not too with these and the Tour Zip Grooves. Even using nitro range balls working on the short game with the 56 I saw the ball check up more times than not. This is a welcome addition to me as I'm used to seeing maximum roll out on shots.

3/4 shots were my favorite with these. Solid feeling clubs at impact and balls landed with minimum roll out if any.

I haven't taken many swings at all with the CB so I will so in the near future and report back accordingly.

Great wedges and definitely the potential to be long term main stays in my bag.

yse7ydad.jpg
juty3epe.jpg
a3u2udy9.jpg
6ynu4ume.jpg

They look awesome! Do they feel any softer than the previous model?

Very nice!!

Those are beautiful. I have been needing to get some new wedges just waiting for the right ones and these are those !

I really like how these look. Sounds like they perform well too! I'll be paying attention to these as I look to replace my old CG14. I have found Cleveland wedges to be the best for my game.

They both look amazing. The CB especially. I love the dot/bounce options. Gives you a chance to customize each wedge in your set just that much more.

Another classy looking offering from Cleveland in the wedge department. A 50* cavity back may need to be purchased in the near future.

Some great looking wedges from a company known for making great performing wedges. I like that they offer both a CB and blade option for various skill levels.

Wow where to begin on these guys!!! I currently have the 52 & 56° CB RTX 2.0's and WOW WOW WOW... I have been seeing more shots closer to the pin and defiantly a better feel when taking a shot within 100 yards. I have built my short game together so much with these that I know I will get it in there nice and close. It always seems like I can't hit a bad shot with these and the forgiveness is just loaded in. Im no sratch golfer but holy cow I can finally start seeing some check in my balls now. Cleveland has always been known for there great wedges and these are just going to add to the greatness!!

Seriously good looking wedge, love the finish.

Just like with the Srixon clubs, if someone has a question about these wedges and a MC person can't answer them, send me a PM and I will pass that question along to JB and Mike Dean. They will be at Cleveland/Srixon HQ later this week and we will get your questions answered for you.

Can't wait til when I can get these in my bag. I love the current RTX wedges and these will be even better. Love the look and options. Only prob
em will be figuring which loft to go with since the new Srixons have a 46* PW in the 745 and 44* in the 545. I like the 4* gap but might have to change a little. wish we knew if there is going to be an option to mix clubs with the new Srixons.

Right now, the weakest part of my game is my wedges, so I went for CB across the board, playing the RTX 2.0 CB wedges in 52 (bent to 53 degrees) and 56 (bent to 57 degrees). To say I prefer these to my old wedges (Trusty Rusty) would be a huge understatement. They feel great in hand and through the swing, and the slightly larger head size gives me a bit more confidence at address. They've been great so far on everything from chips to full swings (with "full" probably being more like 3/4 for the 56), and I'm a lot more confident around the greens with these than I have been in a while. These are definitely spinny - I've spun a full swing 52 back off a green, which is something I can't say I've ever done. This extra stopping power has been great on chips and pitches around the green - both in Myrtle Beach and since i've taken them home, I've had more gimme-length putts after chips than I usually do.

I also am playing the 48 degree RTX 1.0 wedge, and one of the only other big differences I see besides spin is that the black finish may wear a little faster on the 2.0s. However, this is at least partially due to the fact that I'm using the 48 as a gap wedge and the others from sand and other less than perfect lies. I love the look of a worn wedge, so this is a plus for me.

These are really nice looking wedges. I like that from 54 deg and up, the CB version has more bounce than the MB of the same loft and dot. Gives even more options.

Can't wait til when I can get these in my bag. I love the current RTX wedges and these will be even better. Love the look and options. Only prob
em will be figuring which loft to go with since the new Srixons have a 46* PW in the 745 and 44* in the 545. I like the 4* gap but might have to change a little. wish we knew if there is going to be an option to mix clubs with the new Srixons.

I went with the 48* CB bent to 49*, and fits my distance progression with the 545s just about perfectly.

I have just sent GG a PM to ask about release dates for these if we can get them

I went with the 48* CB bent to 49*, and fits my distance progression with the 545s just about perfectly.

Thanks. After reviewing the threads about the 545 and 745 I was considering either the 48* or 50* and then depending on which way i went having them bent. I'm itching to get my hands on the irons, I heard about them coming out back in July and now seeing them and reading about them my itch has become even more.

Right now, the weakest part of my game is my wedges, so I went for CB across the board, playing the RTX 2.0 CB wedges in 52 (bent to 53 degrees) and 56 (bent to 57 degrees). To say I prefer these to my old wedges (Trusty Rusty) would be a huge understatement. They feel great in hand and through the swing, and the slightly larger head size gives me a bit more confidence at address. They've been great so far on everything from chips to full swings (with "full" probably being more like 3/4 for the 56), and I'm a lot more confident around the greens with these than I have been in a while. These are definitely spinny - I've spun a full swing 52 back off a green, which is something I can't say I've ever done. This extra stopping power has been great on chips and pitches around the green - both in Myrtle Beach and since i've taken them home, I've had more gimme-length putts after chips than I usually do.

I also am playing the 48 degree RTX 1.0 wedge, and one of the only other big differences I see besides spin is that the black finish may wear a little faster on the 2.0s. However, this is at least partially due to the fact that I'm using the 48 as a gap wedge and the others from sand and other less than perfect lies. I love the look of a worn wedge, so this is a plus for me.
Thanks really good information, I've got to give these a serious look before the Bridgestone Championship

Just got my set last week and they will be in the bag.

Back